Universal Super Soccer Champs 2018 (by Uprising Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The changes made (and more are coming as they Still weren’t happy with how it is now.. apparently “Munchers” in a league called “nowhere” is still recognisable as FC Bayern Munich!?!) have effectively removed it. I just need 2 divisiona of fake teams there or else the rest of the game (euro champa qualifying etc.) would break.

Half the problem is these lawyers are looking at the changed stuff knowing what was there before and comparing to the real german stuff. Any player seeing the game fresh would not see any of these “similarities”.. as is evidenced by the number of emails I’ve had compaining about “fake” teams!

2. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    After the turmoil of the last week or so.. finally some happy news..

SSC2018 is Game of the Day in the UK today! Perhaps this could spring the game to the level (I hope!) it deserves to be at.. (perhaps enough to pay the bloody germans the extortion money they're after?)

DGee and djstout like this.
  3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Throw the German league! We don’t need those roaches around.

Dailon80 likes this.
  4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    That's pretty well been done with the changes.. I'll put in a couple of new european leagues instead in the 2019 update.

But I've still got to try and escape a huge bill from these a-holes, claiming for their "legal costs" yet.. despite doing no worse than a million other games and making changes as quickly as possible, they're determined to wipe me out it seems.
    Hoping a legal contact another friendly dev has put me in touch with can find a way out, but still awaiting something from him.. ony 4 days until I'd need to pay it too.

I'll likely write something up about my experiences after it's all over. This has been the worst experience in all my years in games.

Jackaluk likes this.
  5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Your games are solid and I'll always support. It's more about gameplay than what it says on the back of the jersey anyway. Who cares if the names are made up? Id rater play a premium, well made game (like this) than a game full of IAP and bad gameplay with real names.

Keep it up!

Jackaluk likes this.
  6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Honestly it sounds like the bully tactics used by patent trolls, which would explain them not going after the bigger games. They don't want someone with the money to fight them in court because they'd be screwed, so they go after smaller guys hoping to pressure money out of them with threats. Disgusting.

I really truly hope you are able to get out from under all this BS.

Jackaluk and Uprising Elton like this.
  7. DrPizza

DrPizza New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Elton,

Sorry to hear about your woes with the German lawyers. It sounds like they are being way too harsh.

I bought, VIP and have just managed to get Notts Co. to the England Elite league and have a lot of fun along the way!

I have noticed a couple of small bugs.
    - In my last season for the England Cup final I added a 7 day Captain card to one of my players. When the season ticked over to the next year (as cup final is last day of the year) the counter on the captain card is up to 294 days! A real bonus for me, but obviously not the correct behavior. Let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks and good luck with ze germans.

8. johnny_neto

johnny_neto Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Male
    I think I had the same thing. the captain bust was going for 300 and something days. too bad i wasted it on my 2nd GK :D idiot.
    In the end i'm not sure if it actually gone for the all 300 days because I changed teams.

9. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Sorry to hear about the recent dramas, I hope it doesn’t put you off developing more quality games.

Gameplay over real names for me.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for all the words of support..
    The issue is still ongoing but I hope to have some solid legal advice today ahead of a further deadline of Friday.. The bill in question will take months off my projected survival time as a business (unless I can somehow push my games on to about double the level they're currently doing..) and obviously "time to make a couple more games" is what I need to be able to sustain developing long term. I've got the ideas all lined up, it's just a race against the dwindling funds!

Thanks for the boost card bug report.. I'll make sure I fix that soon as poss!

11. johnny_neto

johnny_neto Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Male
    we are on your side. Jackaluk is right

Either you delete the German league and player, to keep the foreigners as free transfer (vidal, pulisic, etc) — like dream league soccer 2018
    Or just ditch the the german app store and keep the game as you originally had in all the others — like Championship Manager 17

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm kind of doing both, and trying to get the team editor in soon.. The game as it is now is fine, I'm 100% sure on that. Just need to resolve the claim for a silly amount of money from the Germans that's hanging over me!

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hi everyone, just to let you know this legal issue is being wrapped up now. Having found legal representation myself and despite a series of arguments being made, I'm still having to drop about 6-8 weeks worth of revenue to settle the matter, plus my own legal fees. While it's a reduction overall, it's still quite a significant blow.

Luckily Tennis Champs has had a good couple of features lately to make a small hole in that, but the lost time and stress have made it difficult to work through. I am now back trying to resume work though, (first step being Season 3 for Tennis) to try and get both games to a new level. Thanks for your patience, and I'm sorry to anyone who's had any issues while I've not been able to respond to bugs etc.

Elton

14. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Elton, thanks for the update, and as usual all the best!! Glad it's over!

15. rynodigital

rynodigital New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Absolutely in love with this game, my only 2 suggestions would be the option to have the camera rotated horizontal like a tele broadcast, and maybe the option for a through ball by sliding up on the blue button? I get that might defeat the purpose of the manual pass but it was just a thought

16. InsanoShano

InsanoShano New Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Male
    Elton,

Great game, I love it. I’m starting to get good enough to curve my shots into the net, which is so fun, but sometimes it gives the other team a goal kick after my ball clearly enters the net

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Keep your eyes peeled for an SSC 2019 Thread arriving soon! :)

18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Awesome!! So 2018 did ok in the end then?

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not really no! But I needed to update the Android version (not done since 2013 version) and wanted to fix a load of things before I did, so made sense to do another version for everything.. It's not the huge leap that 18 was over 14 ,but it's defintely another good step forward I think.. And online play too!

20. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Well massively appreciated! 2018 was absolutely the best footie games on iOS. Plays so well with my controller ! Wouldn’t be any chance of a smalll update so it plays full screen on the new iPad pros would there?