Universal Super Soccer Champs 2018 (by Uprising Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I would love a switch port, would you also consider porting tennis champs onto switch?

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Just want to clarify 1 thing, which I’ll update in the tutorial soon.

SSC’s player change is not really “Automatic” (as opposed to “Manual via a button press”)
    It is *mostly* “Direction context” driven.
    If the direction you are pressing would run the player you are controlling *away* from the ball (or logical ball interceptin point) AND that direction would result in a nearby player moving towards the ball AND that player has a better combination of ball closeness / ball intercept time / defensing positioning score, you are given control of that player.
    Naturally when the opponent passes or kicks the ball, this context will most likely change and a new player will be selected.

When playing it is best NOT to try and do the best chasing you can with the player who is highlighted. Simply *attempt to use* the player you think is best and the game should largely give you control of them.
    If the player you have is the wrong side struggling to get goal side of the attacker, just press the direction from your goal towards the ball (or a short tap of Blue in latest update) and you should get a goal side defender to use.

johnny_neto likes this.
  3. johnny_neto

johnny_neto Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Male
    Bug report, after a while the scout report get stuck. I get the notification of the new report, but the list is full and there are no new players on it — the market works normally and it's the only way i get new player for the team (since 90% of the player on the scout list are not worthy)

keep up the great work ;)

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    What level is your team at? One issue is that when you get to a good level, the number of players who can improve your team are relatively few, especially if you are not set to "global" searching.
    This is why the potential search is there, so you can find players who can be trained up to improve your team. Can you drop me an email with a screenshot of your Home, Squad and scout screens?

johnny_neto likes this.
  5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I've decided to update the build I have in with Apple now to slightly change all the player names. As I said, I've had a complaint from Germany that makes me think it's just not worth the risk of any more in future..
    German league is getting seriously obliterated into fictional teams, and gibberish player names :(

6. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Keeper just had enough!!

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hmm, thanks for reporting. Never seen that happen. I’ll look into it. Seems to have transitioned out of the “ball held state” but the ball is still marked as being in his hand.
    I’ll try and repro and fix

8. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Best football game I played on iOS. Really good job!

djstout likes this.
  9. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hell yeah, I love the fact that every game I win feels like a real challenge where a anything can happen (well some I win convincingly) such a good balance, deserves to be a mega hit!

djstout and Uprising Elton like this.
  10. Ermete crisapulli

Ermete crisapulli New Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Male
    Sorry man ma we’ve paid for a game with real names. So we need an editor to change names of teams and players an logos if is possible..

11. garyhe23

garyhe23 Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Big fan for your tennis and football games. Really looking forward if someday you can bring American Football/NFL use the same system and engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’nnn

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    An editor is coming as soon as I can finish it and work out a good way of sharing data, so not everyone will have to fix 15,000 players themselves!

But I have never promoted the game on the basis of real players. If that's the *only* reason you paid for it, then I'm sorry but obviously you enjoy the game or you wouldn't be annoyed about it! 95% of the player names are still very recongisable as who is intended.

It's not ideal, but if I didn't make that change there would be no game at all and I would have been taken to the cleaners by the german lawyers. (despite other games getting away with similar in the past, I'd have to go to court to fight that point) If I do hockey and american footy or cricket in future, they won't have real players, so if that means people don't want to support my games then I may as well not bother.

What I need after this is support.. if people just claim refunds (and then they'll still play the damn game anyway as iOS can't revoke their purchase) then the chances of me getting to continue are reduced.

13. Ermete crisapulli

Ermete crisapulli New Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Male
    Man,you’re misunderstanding, l want to support you: the game is simple and well done. I just think that an editor for changing names of team and players, logos and possibility to create/add teams and leagues would be great. For the longevity. Like a Sensible soccer 2.0. Actually Active Soccer 2 dx has no editor, Fifa has just ultimate team- no career mode, dream league soccer is like fifa- more or less. So you have a great chance if..

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    No problem, sorry I misunderstood the feeling behind your message! (I've had a number of pretty harsh reviews / messages appear since the change)

The editor is progressing.. it'll have league / team / player names / kit colours etc. all in for free users, and if you've got VIP you'll be able to adjust more, like player abilities, or cut and paste players into different clubs.
    (I'm a strong believer that if you've bought the game, you should be allowed to do anything with it, even if that's make a tiny team have all the best players and make the rest of manager mode irrelevant!)

15. johnny_neto

johnny_neto Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Male
    The new gibberish names are kind of a bummer. I perfectly understand and support the decision but a G. dus Suntes for LA Galatics bugs me a little :confused:
    Anyway the God mode is half way for lost of interest. The game would get too easy.

The challenge is to fill the trophy room to the top by rebuild team, after team, after team...

Probably you could go old school and bring back Cheats and Codes to the game (not fucking glitchy like the shitty FIFA18 career mode where after one season you can buy Ronaldo and Messi for a Championship size teamo_O)

Honestly an edit mode would be appreciated but may be a cut on your profits if people Stop playing it —be careful.
    You can implement the weekly and daly challenges ;)

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    He never advertised that and I really don’t understand people like you who are being such a pain with small dev who are working their ass out to get us great games like this one. I hope you’re only one in a million and that most people will support Elton for the amazing job he’s done so far.

Zemar likes this.
  17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Most of the edit code is in now. Have to finish UI, and work on the sharing (which I’m still not sure how I’ll actually do yet! )

I might put 10 public icloud slots with data you can download and upload freely, but it will get monitored and I’ll reset it to default if anyone is “naughty” with it.

Jackaluk, Gwarmaxx and djstout like this.
  18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I have been pressured into signing an agreement with German lawyers so if they decide anything in my game infringes on a German club trademark in future, I'll owe them so much that uprising games will be effectively bankrupt.. If I *didn't* sign it, they threatened to taken action to claim half a million Euros from me. What bullies.. and the stress of this has been really hard to take..
    Apologies if I'm late getting the next update out (I'm now not sure if the team editor with sharing function will make me fall foul of this agreement, even if it is user generated content, so I'll need to check this thoroughly before continuing) but I'm close to just giving up on the whole damn thing!

djstout likes this.
  19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Just make a team editor without the sharing thing so that you’re safe. We would all have gone mad, so please don’t worry and take your time, your mental and financial health are more important than this team editor.

20. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Ditch the bundesleuage!!

Zemar and djstout like this.