Universal Super Soccer Champs 2018 (by Uprising Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. DGee

DGee Member

Can you add VAR? Actually, no. Don't ever add VAR ;)

Still really enjoying this game. I get more of an Anco Kick-Off/Player Manager vibe than Sensible Soccer as mentioned in the TA review, which is fine by me as I used to prefer that series of games to SS.

I had the penalty bug again where the opposition missed the goal and the ball stayed 'stuck' in the crowd until I made a sub. I've also had several offside decisions given against me in my own half. Keep up the great work with the updates!

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Have seen the offside one. Trying to track down. I’ve had a couple of penalties today that worked fine. Are you definitely on the latest update?

3. DGee

DGee Member

Yes, definitely on latest update. I've only seen the opposition miss (as in put it behind the goal rather than saved) 2 penalties and it's happened each time. Ball will fly off and then keeper will wait and wait but ball won't be sent back to dead ball spot. I can pause and make a sub after which the ball is back on the field and I can resume. One penalty was with the opposition aiming up the pitch and the other was with them aiming down so it's happened at both ends.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Did you dive left/right on those pens? Or stand stil at all? Wierd, as the code looks fine!

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update going in now that adds Right Bumper on MFi Controller to replicate the double tap on the D-Pad.

A few other tweaks and fixes too.

TheVimFuego and TactAuthority like this.
  6. Tbomber

Tbomber New Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Is there a way to get to a job offers screen? I’m sure I had a selection of jobs at one point but now I’ve finished a season I can’t seem to find any job offers ?

Great game btw

7. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Is it possible to add the tactic 4-2-3-1 ?

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The job offers come every so often and they clear after the next game. I should add an icon to the Office button to highlight when there are jobs..

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I’ll try and add some new formations when I can. Have to give Tennis Champs a bit of love this week.
    I’ll do a very big SSC update (possibly a 2019 update) for the next football season, and hope to have everything everyone’s asked for in that.

lezrock and Zemar like this.
  10. DGee

DGee Member

I dived left both times (the screen's left). Last night I did see the opponent put the ball behind from a penalty and it DID allow me to kick-off.

11. Ermete crisapulli

Ermete crisapulli New Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Male
    Man i’ve bought it. Not bad. But i’d like an editor for players, teams, and leagues and more leagues. Like a new sensible soccer man!

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    when you get free kicks with a good chance on goal, you never get anyone forward as happens in a real game, so your options are limited, can this be tweaked?

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Free kicks - yep, I’ll look at adding some better AI for free kicks.

Editor - team edit options are planned, yes.

Also, I’ve had version 1.12 approved and “ready for sale” for almost a day now, but the Store doesn’t seem to be showing the update yet. This is the 2nd time it’s taken way longer than it should..

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The featuring SSC was enjoying in Best New Games seems to have expired, so downloads are dropping rapidly. I’ll try and get some ads running soon, but please do share the store link as widely as you can.
    I need to get some fresh visibility for the game going, as the current App Store formats and sections make it incredibly difficult for a small developer to get anywhere these days unless lucky enough to be featured. I’m doing all I can though, I really can’t have this fade into obscurity!

lezrock, djstout and DGee like this.
  15. DGee

DGee Member

Just got to the end of my first season and got promoted. I was quite surprised to see it tick straight over to the new season without giving me any time to reshape my squad for the higher division, I was straight from one game in League 1 to a game in the Championship with no time to prepare - it would be good/realistic to have say a 4 turn period where we can sign/sell players with perhaps a slightly larger number of players on the market to simulate the closed season of transfers.

djstout and Uprising Elton like this.
  16. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Elton,

I keep trying to post a review in the app store I hit send but it never shows up. When I go to rewrite it the original review is still there, hit send again and same thing!! Really enjoying the game so I hope it's a success and you get featured. I know we keep asking for things but one thing that's really affecting my games is the offside setup currently. I'll must be off side 20 or 30 times in a match. It seems like it's offside if any player is to far forward even if it's not who you are passing to. This is from Wikipedia:

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself, but a player so positioned when the ball is played forward by a teammate will commit the offside offence if they become "involved in active play", which includes receiving the ball.

This suggests that the way the offside rule is currently implemented is wrong.

Just really effects the flow of the game currently. But still loving it!!

Again really hope this is a success. It deserves to be!!

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #97 Uprising Elton, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    The code for offside does know the rules! :)
    There’s a bug that seems be occuring after some ball contacts that’s not refreshing the offside state properly. I’ll try and fix as soon as possible.
    App reviews can take over a day to update in my experience.

The game assesses offside as the ball is played, and players in an offisde position have a flag set. If the ball is touched by anyone else with "intent", the flag is cleared (or re-assessed if it was a teammate). A player with the flag set playing the ball results in the Offside call.

If you are playing with "Attack" tactic set, your strikers can frequently be caught off side when the opposition has the ball and you win it back and play it forward too quickly. Most times I think an offside was dubious, I've looked on the replay and found the player was offside when the ball was played.
    The bug I have seen is occasiionally being called offside after a throw in, or in my own half, which is the bug I'm looking for.

18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Elton, nope the ref is wrong and I’m right is :) that always the case isn’t it (; I just need. To look at a few replays I guess, !!

19. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Could you take a look at this one, this is one where I think it looks a little dubious?

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I shared the iTunes link on both my Facebook and Twitter (which was retweeted)

Uprising Elton likes this.