Universal Super Soccer Champs 2018 (by Uprising Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Keepers range for closing down us based on their stats, so I’ll look at the tuning of it and turn it up a bit!

On the subject of new sports.. the main candidates for future “Champs” games are:
    Golf (with a turn based multiplayer)
    Ice Hockey (aiming to recreate the glory days of NHLPA 93 on the Genesis)
    American Football (again, going for classic genesis Madden era style)
    Cricket (based on Tennis Champs engine)

2. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Loving the game and was a huge fan of your Tennis as well. Unfortunately just approaching the end of my first season in Manager mode and the game is crashing after nearly every game (iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.1). The problem is it's completely inconsistent, and sometimes it crashes on loading the results screen, sometimes it's after returning to the management menu, moving around a few screens, but seems to always occur when loading the roster? I was hoping the most recent update would fix the problem but it didn't seem to change the behavior at all.

I can't duplicate it other than playing a game and just crossing my fingers that I can get to a point where I can close out the management mode to save it before it crashes and I have to replay the match. It's definitely disappointing since I was enjoying the heck out of it until this point!

3. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    classic ea hockey was the most fun 2 player game ever on the megadrive (genesis) so that would get my vote.

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    NHL please! There is 0 hockey game on iOS, it’s so depressing

5. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Oh lordy, with a similar management mode to SSC married to NHL '94 Sega Genesis game play... that would be epic. :p

6. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Can you make it possible to have two or three different careers at the same time? I want to start a new one but I don’t want to delete the one I started.

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah it would be the best hockey game ever! Tennis Champs and Soccer Champs are both in my iOS top 10 ever.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm going to look at that soon, yes.

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I've sent you a conversation message about how we can try and find thei sissue..

10. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Nevermind! Saw post above.

11. DGee

DGee Member

Love this game and bought the VIP pretty much straight away. One question - all my training options say 'locked'. Do I have to reach a certain manager level to unlock them or have I missed something by quickly skipping through the tutorial hints?

Edit - quick bug report, too. The opposition missed a penalty by blasting it over and the ball just bounced around in the crowd not allowing me to take a dead ball. However, when I made a substitution this fixed and the ball reappeared on the pitch allowing the keeper to restart the game.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Training is only modifyable on a saturday (the shedule goes saturday -> wednesday -> saturday etc..) and is then fixed for the week. So it's locked on midweek days. Look out or the little training cone on the menu bar Team button, or the Training sub-menu button. This means training is OK to be modified and reports for the week are in

DGee likes this.
  13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #53 Uprising Elton, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    An update for the crash bug found by FRS is in submission. It only affects players hitting level 10 or above
    Oh, and a big thanks to FRS for logging in with my details to share his save data! Couldn't have found and fixed anthing like as quickly without it! (I should really find a better way of allowing people to send me their saves.. )

FRS likes this.
  14. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Has to be another vote for Hockey - not one good game on iOS or any platform these days when you look back at how much fun the original EA Hockey / NHL93/94 was. NHL Hitz was also superb. Take my money!!!

15. DGee

DGee Member

Just another quick question regarding cloud saving. I only get the save to cloud icon on the home page when I make a change in the settings. So, when I want to finish playing on the ipad at the end of the day and prepare to play on the phone the next day, before shutting down I have to go into the settings and change something (I tend to change match length) then go back to the home screen and the upload to cloud icon appears so that I can save progress. It would be much more handy if it was always there, I did wonder if game progress was auto-uploading to cloud but it doesn't appear so as I was 2 games behind on my phone without resorting to the settings-change/upload.

Thanks for the help with the previous query - all sorted and planning my training now.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hmm, supposed to reshow the icon if you do anything significant in career.. (change balance, use/buy boosts, sign/release player or start a match) I’ll check it and fix next update.

DGee likes this.
  17. DGee

DGee Member

Thanks. It has appeared every so often and I've clicked upload but I've definitely played 1 or 2 games and not had it appear when returning to home screen when I've 'forced' it via a settings change - that's on both iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+ ios 11.4

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Found the problem, fix going in next update.

DGee likes this.
  19. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi Dev,

Any chance you can add an edit menu so we can correct club names, update player transfers and leagues? Maybe even create custome leagues?

This would be useful for international tournemant too so you can create a tournemant but with different teams to the default World Cup 2018 you have.

Thanks

20. Shyning

Shyning Member

May 17, 2015
    #60 Shyning, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Hi Guys,

First of all thx for your great Indie Sport Games. I love them, played Tennis a lot and now soccer game is just amazing. Sure there is still a lot that u could improve but i still love it.

I hope i can help u finding some bugs:
    1. as allready mentioned, since i reached char level 8 the game is crushing almost every time i hit team button.
    2. Team Mönchengladbach in Germany League 1 has 3 players or more with same name (Vestergaard) and u cant sell them. Every time u try it, u are selling someone else from that team.
    3. since i used the cloud button for first time it dissapeared, i cant see it anymore.

Greetz