Universal Super Sharp (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've been totally hooked since getting a code from the dev. Thank you very much 1button.

I'm currently at world 7, and so far I've only had one level that I can't complete, ill figure it out though, game is a really cool take on the slicing genre. You guys have made a coo on genre and added your own style to it. The slicing feels precise but there have been a couple of ouzzles where I've completed through luck as what I've thought would work hasn't so I sliced randomly. Some puzzles I must have attempted a dozen times to get my slice just right in order to complete on par, and the sense of achievement once I've done it is brill.

Thank you also for the code for my daughter, she loves the game as much as I do, and was initially trying to beat them quicker than me, but I'm too smart :) so she's back to kicking my arse on mr jump and just taking her time with super sharp. She mentioned about the par and retry being visible without tapping, while I think it might be useful,I agree with the pp about the minimal uncluttered being refreshing, an option in the settings sounds like a good idea, or maybe the par flash up right at the start of the level?

I'll be back to comment when the game is launched, just wanted to pop on now to thank you guys from me and my daughter for the codes.

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    This is a really cool take on the slicing mechanic. Physics are well implemented but can't say that the momentum always feels spot on. Graphics are the great trademark 1button flat minimalist style, succinct and not distracting. Puzzle design is quite good and the level progression is enjoyable, but for par some of the levels require cuts that need to be a bit too well timed and accurate for my taste; these are very few and far apart, though, so on the whole it's quite enjoyable. Difficulty pleasantly surprised me; this game really utilises the seemingly limited slicing mechanic really well and some of the solutions put a smile on my face :)

3. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Love the concept!

4. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #44 1Button, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Thanks guys for your feedbacks!

Don't know if you noticed, there is a useful shortcut to reset the level: just tap at the top right corner. No need to display the menu first.

We hope you will enjoy the advanced levels :)

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Very well executed. I wouldn't expect anything less from 1Button. The game eases you into slicing through a block and learning to drop the pieces through the targets and then it gets addicting and smarter. This is a must buy! Especially if you've ever played anything like this in the past. Super Sharp blows anything similar away. Very nicely done. 1Button has the golden touch.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm having a blast with this one! Thanks again for the code. What a perfect game to take over after finishing trickshot. Super recommended!

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    This is such a fresh and creative take on the slicing physics puzzler. As soon as I saw the different colored shape functionality, my head lit up with interest in what's to come. Just 2 worlds in and I'm super impressed with what you guys came up with. I'm gonna have lots of fun, and some frustration I'm sure ;), trying to get all the slicing pars. Excited to dig into this more, thanks again for the code! Wish you guys great success with its release.

8. Awesome Amy

Awesome Amy Member

Sep 23, 2015
    cant stop myself from keeping on saying..cant wait! cant wait!

9. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Thanks! Great Game.
    It reminds me of the old browser games (wake up the box...)

10. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    [​IMG]

Super Sharp will be on the App Store this Thursday!!

Anyone else interested in trying it out before the official launch? We still have a few codes left.

For those who already have the game: are you stuck on a level? Which world are you on?

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Thank you so much for the code. I've played until world 2, clear the world 1 almost perfect with one star left on level 5 -__- arggghhh. How to make it with 2 moves only
    Super Sharp is a really neat puzzle physic game, some of puzzle is bit tricky and require precision. Trial error is your friend here, you need bit patient when playing this kind of game. Luckily there's no such as timer here. Really recommended for you a puzzle lover

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm at world 7, need six stars to advance. There's one that I've not been able to complete at all, 5-12 6-6 and 7-12.
    Having fun trying though :)

13. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #53 1Button, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Congrats for making it that far!

5-12 is extremely frustrating, but the solution is very simple. Don't try to make the triangle swing!

6-6 is more technical: obviously, you'll have to cut the structure into 3 parts. But first pull out at least half of the balloon, so that the 3 parts will stay still. Then, the middle part is easy. For the sides, try to make them fall just below their target, and cut enough green to make them fly.

We will probably post a few videos to show the solution of some levels :)

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #54 Matt33, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    I just recently finished world 7 and have gotten all stars, haven't attempted any world 8 levels yet. They're getting pretty tricky! I've had lots of fun playing :) I've also gotten under par on some levels:

2-12 6/7
    2-15 1/2
    3-13 1/2
    5-12 1/2
    6-2 1/2
    6-6 3/8
    6-13 2/3
    6-14 3/4
    7-11 2/3
    7-13 3/4

15. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thank you, I managed to get 5-12 (totally mis-sliced and completed by accident haha) and 6-6 right after posting, I'm still working on 7-12 though, world 8 is really making me think but so far so good. :)

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Absolutely loving this game. No constructive feedback, other than I think everything works perfectly and is super fun. As usual, y'all put out a polished product.

17. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Congrats! Yes the number of cuts required to get a star is not always the minimum (sometimes because we wanted the obvious solution to be enough or because we didn't find a better solution ^^). Also you can do the 2-12 in 4 :)

18. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yeah, the room for improvement is always nice for this type of game for some fun extra challenge outside of the obvious solution like you say. Although sometimes it was a necessity for me to star the level because the intended solution wasn't so obvious! I couldn't figure out 7-11, but I know how baseball works ;)

I mainly posted my below pars to see if others had done the same and share theirs, but also to potentially show off some least slices you guys didn't know about yet. Thanks for the 2-12 tip, that was a great solution!

19. GreenfroggGames

GreenfroggGames Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Looks awesome! I want to try this right now. Hook me up please

20. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I ripped through the first world and am enjoying these fun slicing puzzles like everyone else. I also echo the option to have the display on top. Otherwise, great job!