Universal Super Samurai Rampage (by Brackish Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrackishGames, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BrackishGames

BrackishGames Active Member

May 17, 2017
    Thanks for the awesome game play!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea that's exactly what I was saying. I noticed it more when I was in the air.

Do you not love the gore or what??? It's a good game!

Billy

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #24 chief78, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Yeah the slicing of enemies is spot on. Also, and this is a holy $#!+ moment, if you hold down on rhe screen for a second, start aiming at an enemy....a line cones up showing exactly where your samurai will slash..I don't know how I missed this but it adds another dimension to this game. Now I'm lopping heads off alot more. It's a cool dynamic and I don't know if I missed a vid, but just from what TA'ers are saying, I wonder if anyone thought to hold down instead of just release, or simply just swiping all the time? Anyway, check it out it's sweet. This game really is fun. Awesome job devs!

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I missed this as well and I've been playing since the day of release lol. Nice job Chief!!!!!!!!!!

It takes a bit to get it down though. I think taps would still be better. I don't know. But man I can't believe I didn't even accidentally see this. Wtf lol

Billy

5. Blankito

Blankito Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Wtf... How could this slip through my hands! This looks absolutely awesome! Time to go berserk! :)

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The fighting mechanics are wonderful. I’ve rarely felt so in control of my character’s attacks and movement in any game. There is an almost unlimited potential for skill and intense twitch play.

Brackish, you have an awesome foundation here. What I believe the game needs to become an iOS classic is a wealth of progression and customization elements beyond unlockable stages. Weapons, outfits, skills, character personification. Either just for visual effect, or with accompanying skills and mechanics (though preferably separated into a distinct game mode as to not mess with the highscore-chasing of the standard mode).

Fatal Fight, which SSR has much less in common with than the comparison in this thread would imply, is a good blueprint for unlockables and progression.

7. BrackishGames

May 17, 2017
    High Score

Thanks guys for all the feedback and loving the game! We have an internal battle going on between the Dev team.... can you beat it?

Attached Files:

8. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I love it but need touch control

9. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
  10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    There really shouldn't be an internal battle. Touch control would be much better than all of the swiping.

Billy

11. They're talking about a competition in the office.

12. BrackishGames

May 17, 2017
    Yes internal studio battle of the best Samurai :)

13. BrackishGames

May 17, 2017
  14. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh yeah!!! Thanks, devs for changing the controls for us! Now I just picked this up--on Android!!! Thanks for that, too!!! You guys ROCK!!##:D

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I've been happy to beat 1100....got a long way to go!

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Holy Moly! Superb! I'm glad I waited for tap controls because swiping in this game would absolutely be a carpal tunnel inducer. I just downloaded and played for about 15 minutes. Got a high score of 730, so I'm ok with that. Not ready for the big leagues yet, but I'll get there. Oh, yes I will. ;)

Kudos to the Dev(s). This is a great throwback game, highly addictive for sure, and should be very successful if fairness still exists in the world.

"But you only played for 15 minutes... How can you say that?" you ask.
    Me: Because I'm an old gamer, from way, way back in the olden days when the earth was young. This makes me an old-school veteran, sort of professional, see? And this game slips so perfectly into the old-school area of my brain pan, making it, uh, highly addictive? I don't know. Shut up. I can't wait to get back to it. That's all I know. I only stopped in here to lavish a bit of praise. No more questions.

Back to the game!

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Really like what this developer has done with the game.
    Listening to the community that plays their games and does it's best for the game and it's players.
    The game itself is worth buying but a developer that does all of this makes it worth way more.
    Thanks for the controls update.