Universal Super RocketBall - Online Multiplayer (by Deep B Bhuva)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JahPE, Oct 16, 2016.

1. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    1) Anyone making the argument clones are a common thing should be aware they aren't well-received here.
    2) Daily basis? You sure about that?
    3) smell test

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I played 2300 matches in Rocket League and I really do not appreciate this. It's low.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Honestly, this game is fun for what it is. I don't have a problem with clones, but the game needs improvement. Derailing it simply because it's a clone is ridiculous.

-There is nothing directly taken from Rocket League besides the gameplay.

-Rocket League isn't on mobile and the devs have never given any interesting porting it.

-You guys are acting as if clones aren't abundant on the AppStore.

4. Anonomation

I disagree, 90% of my time here, good clones have been pretty well accepted.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I agree with Anonomation. If the game existed on ios than that would be another story. Are you telling me you guys would be really upset if there was a good clone of Smash Bros? I pray for something like that all the time.

6. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    No one wants to call critical ops a clone. like I said, give the game time. Critical ops went though the same thing.

7. Anonomation

Every time someone mentions Critcal Ops, someone says "it's like mobile Counterstrike."

8. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #28 sinagog, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Man, once I got my head around the physics, I really started loving, nay, adoring this! It's weird how I've gone from a lover of premium games with stories and a tangible end to spending more time playing games like this, Critical Ops and Sliher.io.

Anyway, clone or not, this is well worth a try! Just bought the second car.

9. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    But no one wants to co,plain about being one, it a great game though.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #30 Misguided, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    I'm vehemently against stealing IP, but calling this a clone is a big stretch. Maybe we are arguing semantics. If you want to say they copied the gameplay idea, I will agree, but that's not the same thing.

Disclaimer: haven't played this, just going by what I see. Maybe there's more going on than is readily apparent.

11. Anonomation

Well you aren't misguided. :D

12. Anonomation

Don't worry about it. I don't want to see another dev discouraged as you can do a lot with this game. If you have any questions on how you can improve the game, just ask. It's all good. :)

13. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Hope we can get MFI Support

14. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Touch Arcade is very harsh with clones. I agree that clones will almost always be worse than the original games they copy. However, if the original IP does not already have a game readily available on the App Store, I am open to substitutes. It's quite fun to have a (admittedly inferior) Rocket League alternative on my phone. With some polish this game has potential. There's no doubt that it's fun and has quite a community already.

15. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    "Calling this a clone is a big stretch" You're ARE joking, right?

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #36 sinagog, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Bah, people have stopped playing me because I've mastered the kick-off goal so well. >:D

Really recommend this. Right up there with the best online multiplayer games. Just remember to use your break a lot and you'll do well- flying in there towards the ball at the speed of light rarely pays off. Also, I saved up for the last car and it's well worth it.