iPad Super Quadra FREE for a Limited Time (Developer Announcement)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue ox, Jan 21, 2009.

1. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    #1 blue ox, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    Hi

I'm the developer of Super Quadra a new puzzle/action/matching game. Super Quadra is FREE for a limited time until January 25th. After that the game will sell for $0.99.

Super Quadra is a unique twist on the classic matching game theme that challenges you to beat the clock through 36 unique levels. Every level is different and there are many surprises along the way, such as bombs and tiles that can reveal hidden items!

Super Quadra is a brand new game and we have plans for lots of enhancements and new features. I also look forward to hearing ideas for improvements from our users.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302590448&mt=8

[​IMG]

2. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Looks good, but its listed as 99c.

3. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    #3 blue ox, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    It will switch to FREE in a few minutes. I just updated the price.

Also I would appreciate user feedback and suggestions, both positive and negative, in this thread. I really DO want to make this a great game.

4. Nicarolina

Nicarolina Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    not sure what time u said that you just submitted the price drop but it is still $.99, im am mainly just posting to see the time, haha

5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It' already free here: US Store via iPhone.

6. as if your computer doesn't show the time on the desktop

7. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    just got it free from the italian store. I'll let you know my impressions as soon as I am free to play a bit.

8. it's free in the US store finally

just dl'd

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'll try to give some feedback later when I have time to look at the game. I have to go right now but hopefully tonight I could try to review the game on iTunes or leave some feedback for you.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to say thanks and wish you luck with the game! :)

10. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    thanks!

11. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    First impressions here:
    Okay, so it is a memory/pattern recognition & matching game. At first I thought it was easy, but then I met the super quadras and finished on level 10 on easy difficulty. Not a bad game, but I was not immediately hooked, mainly because I'm just not so keen on memory games. Will try playing this for a few more times though.

Looks like the game does not remember where you were if you exit. Saving the game state is a must for an iPhone game. It would really suck to be on level 35 when a phone call comes in :)

12. rlcooper

rlcooper Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    DBA & Senior Web Developer
    CT
    This is a must feature. I was playing got to level 10 on normal. Need to pause the game and check my email. Went back in and had to start over again. Thats upsetting. Also a high score leader board would be nice.

13. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I agree with the previous messages about the saving and the high score table. In particular I think that an online leaderboard would be a great option.

The game itself is very nice. At the beginning it doesn't impress much because it seems just another memory clone, but then you realize that it takes the basic idea and extends it to a wider context. I also like the fact that you can choose the difficulty setting for each level. It adds a bit of strategy (i.e. I can choose hard on the levels where I'm good then maybe switch to easy for some extra points and so on). Again this would be good for the online leaderboard.

14. blue ox

Sep 18, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions. We definitely plan to implement many of the features that have been mentioned.

In reality I released the game before I wanted to, but I felt it would be better to let users tell me what they wanted than to spend a lot of time trying to guess and then get it wrong.

I will make regular updates to evolve the game into something much better. I hope I made the right decision instead of trying to release a game that I thought was "perfect", then to see it fail.