Super price drop: What did you pick up?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chickdigger802, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Iphoneapps

Iphoneapps Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Germany
    I picked up:

Real Racing
    NHL 2K11 (amazing!!!!!!)
    Osmos
    Archetype
    Assassins creed II :)

Would like to pick up also Need for Speed but the sales are only in the USA ,not in europe :(

2. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    I picked

Archetype
    Peggle
    Osmos

;)

I love peggle and archetype.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I picked up:
    Osmos
    Peggle
    Assassins Creed II discovery
    DOOM Resurrection
    De blob revolution
    Iron Man 2
    Spider
    Resident Evil 4

Having fun with all of them (for now I've tried about 10 minutes each one).
    Thank you devs for the sale and please continue that!!

4. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #64 dyscode, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    since yesterday I picked up 25 spending about €13.
    There were a lot of freebie with it, admittedly but this was definitely APP-OVERKILL, and I guess some of the I will only play once for five minutes :D
    Usually I don´t go shopping spree but there where a LOT of special game,
    like Manhole or Be Blob I would not get usually.

BIT,TRIP BEAT
    DEFCOW ONE
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Bar Defender
    Chess Online
    FleetMaster
    Train yard Express
    Railway
    Assassin's Creed II Discovery
    The Manhole' Masterpiece Edition
    Vikings Row
    iTraceur- Parkour
    Mooncake Share
    Deer Hunter - First Shot
    Cat-Nabbin' Zombles
    Soccer Superstars
    Blue Defense' Second Wave
    De Blob Revolution
    Puzzle Agent
    Geometry Wars Touch
    Osmos
    Near-Earth Objects
    CravBot
    Spider" Bryce Manor
    Archetype
    Monster Mayhem

I feel totally STUFFED!

5. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm torn. I got Blue Defense 2 and Super Mega Worm yesterday and have barely had a chance to play them. The former wasn't as good as I had expected based on the video since I don't like the tilt control (the touch control requires that my fingers block what I'm trying to shoot at times). The latter seems ok but I couldn't tell if there were multiple levels or just an endless feeding frenzy (I only played for about 30 seconds to see what it was like).

As for other games, I had been looking to pick up both FFs but will now probably only get one for the time being. Which do people recommend more? I played both when I was young but honestly forget which ones I preferred.

What else should I pick up? I have Peggle and love it. BTB looks good but I'm on a 2g ipod so that won't work. I think I want one of the baseball games but have no idea which one to pick up. I also think the soccer looks half decent even though I'm not into soccer. I already have NHL2K and definitely recommend it. I'm also interested in Osmos (no idea what the game is like), Archetype (although I have plenty of FPSs, such as BIA 1 and 2, Nova, etc.), Bookworm (just because it's Popcap), Zombie Infection (I know it's story mode v. multiplayer, but is this better than Archetype?), Avatar (see Zombie Infection), Castlevania (like puzzle games and played Castlevania as a kid, but is it worth it aside from the fact that it's Castlevania?), Mirror's Edge (no real idea what this game is and again, I'm on a 2g so I don't know if it's worth it) and COD (although I don't know if I'll bother paying the "big" pricetag with so many other games on sale for so cheap). Also, are either Sonic game worth getting or wait for 4? Any help would be very appreciated.

6. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    you'd be crazy to miss

Archetype
    Peggle
    Osmos
    Spider

I had them all already and was happy to pay full price for all of them. I picked up geometry wars, and its fun, but it'll be the last duel stick shooter i ever need i think

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #67 Qordobo, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    The sale price isn't that high and I doubt Square will ever drop them lower. On iPad scaled I have been surprised how both look good. It's not like the remakes on DS of later FF, but the port is good for the graphics point of view. For the controls it's standard series of menus, not sure it's really possible to make better without a deep change in game rules and mechanisms.

My advice would be to pick them both for the current sale price, but if you need choose, FF2 is perhaps a better pick.

Among those you wonder to pick or not for the sale I suggest you:
    • Zombie Infection is rather good and better than many other Gameloft fps I also tried, certainly too short, but for the sale price you should get it.
    • Osmos is a better game than you could think by looking at a video or by only playing the first levels. But I have no idea how good it is on the small screen of an iPhone.
    • Mirror's Edge is a run game with a story and more sophisticated than the usual run game. But it is difficult and short. For the sale price it seems a very good pick. But I have no idea if it will fit a 2g.

I would also suggest you look closer to:
    • Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor (try the demo if you want get an idea of the game, the demo is named "Spider: Hornet Smash")
    • Vanguard Storm: If you like TD but want something more fresh you absolutely need this one. The gameplay remind a bit TD but with a very different approach and the result is a very good tactical/strategy game but also quite fresh, in fact a much better pick than Crystal Defenders which is more a standard TD competing with a large crowd of concurrent games.
    • Geometry Wars: If you like dual sticks you need it particularly at current sale price. Even if you aren't fan of this type of game at the sale price it's really a game to consider get.
    • Myst: If you like difficult puzzles with one part of puzzles is to find the rules and mechanisms of the puzzles, and if reading some texts is fine for you, then it's an absolute must have. But it's a very difficult game requiring perseverance and you won't enjoy to play it just by following a walkthrough.
    • Doom II RPG: If you are a RPG fan you must get it at current sale price. It's much better than you could think from a quick try and with a deeper gameplay. It's a sort of turn based dungeon crawler game with heavy story contents and multiple nice little tricks and problems to solve.

8. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    I picked Mirror's edge today. I'm not pretty good at it.

9. Godzilla[D00M]

Godzilla[D00M] Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    student
    new jersey
    #69 Godzilla[D00M], Oct 2, 2010
    im taking full advantage of this. getting zombie infecting, assassins creed 2, puzzle agent, nfs shift, doom 2, zenonia 2, ff1 and ff2, and archetype. also considering real racing, mirrors edge, and crash bandicoot nitro cart 2.

also i gotta suggest cod zombies, since its 5 bucks for all 4 maps which is actually less than the map pack on the actual system so definitely go get that.
    the monkey islands: these games are great and they challenge the mind a lot. and i find myself loling at some of the dialogues. and its got hours of gameplay so definitly go get those.

also what do you guys think of civilization revolution?

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #70 Jibba, Oct 2, 2010
    Thanks Qordobo. This post is a ton of help.

I had been leaning toward just picking up FF1 but am now reconsidering. I had also been leaning against Osmos because it's one of those games I just can't quite figure out without having played it, but I'll be reconsidering that one as well. I think I'll get Zombie Infection and will continue to debate ME because of the fact that I only have 2g.

As for the other games you mentioned, I had been considering Geometry Wars but the reviews don't seem all that great (controls mostly). I have a few dual stick shooters and generally like them so I'll take a second look. I already have Spider and totally agree with you on that one. Everyone should pick it up for the price. I hadn't considered Doom II but will take a look. I had tried the Wolfenstein RPG and it never quite drew me in enough and it would drive me crazy by telling me how I missed a ton of secrets that I could never quite figure out how to find. Plus, I never particularly liked the potion concept. Not that it wasn't a well-made game, but it just wasn't my style.

I think I will pick up one of the baseball games but need to figure out which one. I DL'd BBSS10 and have to give it a shot. I also DL'd SSS10 and it seems like a lot of fun, although I'm worried that it's too easy. I did pick up Bookworm just because you can't go wrong with any Popcap game. I'm also now leaning very strongly to biting the bullet on the "big" pricetag and picking up COD Zombies because of the rave reviews and because it looks great in the gameplay video I saw. And I can't say I had heard much of anything about Vanguard but will look into it on your recommendation.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some feedback!

11. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Real racing: Yeh! or Meh?

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Great quality but very difficult. I don't play it anymore but can't seem to remove it from my ipod in the hopes that I will go back and give it another try because I paid a full price (I think) for it. Especially with 4 player MP coming I'd say it's a good buy.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Are you planning on taking that out of your signature soon.

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Hadn't considered taking it out but I would. Are you asking?

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    lol it annoys me and makes me laugh each time I see it. but yeah, I think it's been long enough we're cool now anyways xP.

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
  17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    haha cheers.

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Does anyone know how long this sale is going to last?

19. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I think one week?

20. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Yeh!