Universal Super Phantom Cat (by Veewo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 25, 2016.

1. korymatthew

korymatthew Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    +1 on the MiFi support.

Doesn't seem to support it yet out of the box, but hoping for support eventually.

Don't normally want it, but on the iPad Pro, controls are a bit spread out for comfortable play.

Nonetheless, purchased and SUPER excited to dive in! All the gameplay and graphics comments have got me stoked!

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Credit to Swelab Games for a marvellous bit of reverse marketing. That comment made me rush to buy the game as a reaction to the rudeness - and what a fun, lovable little platformer it is. Nintendo used to stamp all over games like this, once upon a time. It really does have that Super Mario feel - but a cat is much cooler than a plumber.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wish we could lose the "Be a jumpin bro" subtitle. I know it has nothing to do with the game itself, but it just kinda detracts from the entire package. I think the excellence of the game is more than enough to convince people to buy it, rather than having to somewhat spell out what the game is.

4. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I see what you're saying, but maybe it's an inside joke? I say ridiculously stupid stuff like that, but anyone looking in from the outside would probably not understand and possibly question my character. Will we ever know? You're probably right though. It's most likely a marketing decision.

Anyway, finding all the data and all the stars is becoming more challenging than I thought. Has anyone finished the final world and found everything?

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Congrats!!! Editors choice on the App Store!

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I hope, too.
    I bought a Gamevice some weeks ago and I can't play games with virtual pad anymore. :(

7. Minanananahan

Minanananahan Active Member

Dec 21, 2015
    lol thx :)

8. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    The new map was in second stage and second stage. Maybe those new feature are too little and you didn't notice, but we do add something there. And of course.... fixed bugs

9. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    For the MiFi part, we already work on it...
    For the iPad Pro controls... you can custom it :)

10. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    Got it :)

11. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    That is an absolutely thrilling announcement! I've already given you five stars on the App Store and here on touch arcade. I promise I will chant tales about this games greatness on the MFI forums on the other sites once it is implemented! Thank you!!!

12. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    Thank you for your support !!! Will inform you by then :)

13. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Ahh. I'm already most of the way through the second stage so I'm probably past the new stuff. I'll have to replay from the beginning of stage 2 and check it out.

I should also mention I did find the phantom mode where your guy turns in to a silhouette and the music changes. It looks cool, but does it have any advantages like different powers or anything? I didn't notice any.

Also, I'm really liking the game. A lot. Thanks for the fun times.

14. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Your character basically becomes invisible. He can't be hurt by enemies. The happened to me once on a part I kept dying on. Gotta imagine that's what triggered it

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Ahh, that would explain why it kept coming up (it appears as a pop up at the start of the level) every time I died on the level I was playing. I died by falling so I didn't have a chance to get hit by an enemy and therefore didn't really get to benefit from it. Thanks.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This should def be on everyone's to buy list

17. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I finished up Rainfall (the third world) this morning. I want every game I play this year to make me feel this way (ecstatic) when I play it! If you are a lover of platformers, you have to pick this up. The fun level is off the charts. I can't wait to dig into Sunwind.

18. OtherSilhouette

OtherSilhouette Active Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Is there such thing as a level maker in this game?

19. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I'm in love with this game. The price is ridiculous for such a polished gem like it !

By the way I have only encountered a little bug : text from devs is writing while playing ? Am i the only one ? (Don't know how to explain it exactly) but it's no annoying at all.

20. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    #80 Minanananahan, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Try to work on it, but it's kinda hard... so.... sorry