Universal Super Phantom Cat (by Veewo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 25, 2016.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am really impressed with this, great visuals and gameplay.

2. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I like this game a lot too, but can't imagine ever deleting Venture Kid...

3. Snooptalian

Sep 12, 2009
    Anyone get all 3 stars on 2-7? Been over it several times and can find the last 2 stars but not the first. Found a hidden switch but nothing happens when I jump into it and it must have something to do with getting to where the star is.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    does anyone know what the squares are though? when u complete a level it shows the 3 stars light up and a square but I'm guessing I'm missing something that's why the square isn't lit up

5. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    If you collect all the "Data" (Coins) in each respective level the diamond (square) icon will light up. It's tricky for sure.

6. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Nice game! I like the visuals - certainly more original than pixel art.

There's only one bug I have spotted… On world 1 level 2 when you get the sprite gun you get a cut scene and the game goes on as normal. Once you get to the save point and save then die you will start at the save point. The sprite gun is to the right, grab that and double back to the original point where the cut scene was for the sprite gun. When doubling back the cat guide (the one with the mask) jumps down and goes to the right. From here when you get to the original cut scene for the sprite gun you get caught in an infinite loop where you cannot get out of the cut scene and you have to restart the game to resume as normal.

I think the play testers need sacking ;) Just joking by the way :D

Apart from that the game is great!

7. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Ok, found another bug.

World 2 level 2. When you get the block smashing sprite go to the hidden area to the right and collect everything. Don't go down the area where you are supposed to go and just double back in the level. Then just go into the hidden areas a few times. This can confuse the hidden areas so that they don't reveal. Then carry on to where you are suppose to go. This area does not reveal itself but you can go into it. And because you cannot see anything you will die eventually from an enemy.

It seems to me if you double back in this game the level reseting of the environment gets confused. Probably the trigger points on the map are not getting reset. Still a nice game, though… And still you should sack the play testers… And still joking by the way ;)

8. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Not sure if the level unlocking is meant to work this way. If you complete the first 2 levels of world 1 then world 2 will be unlocked. Then you play a level in world 2 to completion and then go back to world 1 and play the last level. When completed world 3 will be unlocked even though you have only completed 1 level in world 2.

It seems a bit strange because of the IAPs been there to unlock the worlds if the players cannot be bothered to play through to completion. This means the IAP for world 3 is pretty much redundant and potential revenue will be lost.

If this is how it's meant to work then ignore this post.

9. Snooptalian

Sep 12, 2009
    When you get to level 2-7 let me know if you are able to locate the first star. I have found a hidden switch that I'm assuming leads to the star, but it won't activate for me. Not sure if it's a glitch or I'm just missing something.

10. swoolf

swoolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 9, 2009
    I can't seem to get it either. Wondering if you need to unlock another weapon later on in the game to activate that switch.... Help?

11. Minanananahan

Minanananahan Active Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Sorry, there is a small bug there and we already fix it, the next update will fix this :)

12. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    LOL, Yup you are right, we already fix that bug in next update too

13. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    T.T we are working on it right now, the map design have some problem which might trigger this bug...

14. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    Hmm, this is not a bug, if want to unlock the world 3 you need 10 stars, however since the world 1 already provide you 9 stars...so you only need 1 star in world 2 to unlock world 3

15. Minanananahan

Dec 21, 2015
    Muhahahahahahah Coz you didn't collect all data there so it won't light up

16. Snooptalian

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up...

17. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

Reminds me of super mario game. Controls are really simple and easy. Graphics are polished. Not like the others games, its graphics are not over colorful. This premium game is worth the price.

18. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #58 Gurney Halleck, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    I'm super impressed with the high praise and positive feedback for this game, as well as the enthusiastic posts and attitude of the developer here in the forum. I agree, without this forum this gem may have slipped entirely under my radar and that would be a terrible shame as I LOVE good platformers! I'm not sure if language barrier, or just poor competitive attitude on part of Swelab Games in his post, but in an ironic twist it has reminded me of how much I value quality premium titles on iOS and has prompted me to instantly smash the buy button for this labor of love! Best of luck and I hope you get more money thrown at you than you know what to do with Minanananahan!

19. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Just picked this up for the same exact reasons! Can't wait to try it!

20. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #60 sobriquet, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Update is out now, US east coast.

Edit: The description list a lot of new stuff, maybe I'm missing them, but I don't see any of the new stuff after updating.