iPad Super Monkey Ball (Price Drop -> $5.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Donburns99, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
  2. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    I had high hopes for this way back, but after trying the lite version last month - i was soooo disappointed with the controls.

3. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    6 bucks?? thats like nothing..no drop at all =.= meh..ill wait for a 99cent sale :D

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Sales are rare from companies like EA and Sega. They do price drops after months go by, if at all.

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yahh i knew that haha..i meant it as..monkeyball is only worth 99cents:rolleyes:

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I got it for the original price and I think that the people who appreciate the game most are the people who made a $10 investment. They are the most likely to have to discipline to keep playing the game until they "get" the controls. If people can buy it for $0,99 they'll play it, say "This is too hard" and don't bother playing any further. Only after the first 10-20 levels I was able to appreciate the controls, but in the earlier levels it took a lot of determination.

I'm not sure how many levels there are in the Lite version but I'm assuming not 15-20, which might be what it takes to get people familiar with the controls.

7. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    They should drop more off id buy it then but as there so tight i wont bother too many games lol too much backlog u know how it goes lol

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

The controls are hard, but they weren't much easier on the DS version and I still like this game a lot. And the iPhone version costs less than a fourth of that version - now it's even cheaper.

9. iGecko

iGecko Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Film student, photographer
    Montreal
    I don't get why people complain about the controls! I mean, it's SUPPOSED to be hard, it's a freaking monkey trapped in a ball! Now if there was boss fights or that kind of things, yeah, the controls would be really bad. But as a speed-platformer kind of game, it's right on spot and forces you to be really gentle with the monkey!

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I bought SMB when it first game out and I have about beaten the whole game only 10 levels left. The controls werent that bad males me mad 5.99 :mad: I could of bought Zen bound or Sway plus SMB.

Ohhh well it was a good game

11. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Me too;)