iPad Super Monkey Ball is dead.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by noah21c, Nov 22, 2008.

1. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Super monkey ball is now off the top 50. This is its first time it has been off since it has been realased.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    price drop

:Dhopefully there is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE price drop and I can pick it up

3. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, it's been off the list for several days now. But with the new changes in 2.2, it's no longer invisible.

4. nanokiwi

nanokiwi Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    teacher
    New Zealand
    Monkey Balls!

still the most console-like game made for ipod
    much too hard for me but i go back to it occasionally
    would love a less terrifying "monkey racer" version

5. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    SBM > all other games (except maybe Fastlane)
    Thus:
    SBM => Fastlane

There u have it folks, scientific proof!

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's #50 on Aust AppStore.
    I bet it would only drop to $7.99 like PacMan (not that PacMan is worth $7.99).

7. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

#7 Gregz0r, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    When it really comes down to it, games from corporate giants like Sega and EA will always have that extra polish and production over even the best efforts from small-time devs, IMO(I fully expect to be bombarded with examples to the contrary, but I ain't budging from this stance).
    However good(or bad) games like Fastlane Cro-Mag, Crash Kart, Asphalt, etc are, everyone who loves racing games is waiting for NFS: U for the very reason I outlined.
    That's not to say that small time devs have no place, far from it, what's needed is more games from the big devs.

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

What differs Monkeyball from other games is content and challenge. Most games lack one of them, or even both. I love Monkeball. It's one of these few games which really show that this platform can be a great gaming device. No f*cking casual stuff. A game which you can play for weeks (or even longer, if you suck in it).

9. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    SMG still has the best graphics and gameplay of any iphone game. It has very rich colors and texures, 120 levels, great sound, and an amazing amount of replay value. I'm sure it's generated 7 figures for the developer, and I play it to this day, 4 months after buying it. It is probably as close to a true console game as we've had (though Real Soccer and Fastlane come close).

I never understood the SMG hate. If the controls were easy to use, then it would be a far different game.