Universal Super Mole Escape - (by adult swim and Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 8, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Been avoiding this for the better part of the last 2 days because of the international bug thing, despite really, REALLY wanting to give it a go. After I heard the update had been rejected, I basically thought "eh, screw it...if it doesn't work, I'll just update, right?"

Well? This is totally far-fetched, but if there are any Lebanese peeps reading this now who have their language set as English despite the region being Lebanon...

...it works perfectly fine. :3

I know we have a fellow Arab on the board (shero89), I'm curious to know if you tried this out. I'm presuming your location is Egypt, so it should be interesting.

All that said, spectacular work Grumpyface...SME completely puts any other vertical digger games (of the endless type) to shame. You guys are GOOD! :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! I hate you for being able to play the game before I do when I TOFTT'd. :D

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #103 TheFrost, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Many users I trust say this game is awesome, and I got that feeling too, but I cant play it... Any news on the re-submission/review process?

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Couple of points worth noting about IAP and gems:

- You pick up a ton of gems in game, and combined with the mission objective awards, I've been able to unlock a couple of characters and fully upgrade one without excessive grinding.
    - Characters each have different strengths and weaknesses, but they are all balanced. Depending on your style of play, the starter character is a better choice than the most expensive one.
    - You can't buy your way to a higher leaderboard position. A "Pardon" can only be used once per round (whether bought, bribed, or won during the free spin), so you can't endlessly buy a higher score. Also, a single round almost always nets me the 1000 gems required to bribe the judge to receive a Pardon.

5. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Thanks for those impressions/details, strivemind :)

And glad it worked for you metalcasket! I think it's actually because Lebanon uses the $ symbol (all regions that do are unaffected). Such a dumb bug this is...

All fixes are finished on our end after another late one last night, now just waiting for it to be approved. If I were to estimate I would say anywhere from 1-4 hours from now.

Anyway I'm watching it probably way too obsessively, so I'll definitely post here/twitter the moment it goes up :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, yep...that's Lebanon for you. You hear people endlessly complain about how the USD is preferred over our own Lebanese Lira, and that we should start using the L.L. more. Yeah...well, how do you like that Dollar now, people? :p

7. GrumpyfaceChris

#107 GrumpyfaceChris, Aug 10, 2012
    The update is approved and going up now (you'll notice when it's up, because the icon has changed to a close-up of Marty's face!) Could take either a few minutes to propagate in your store, or up to an hour

If anyone who previously had problems can check it out and report to us if they still see any issues that would be a huge help! (also let us know if it's all fixed -- that helps too!)

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    CANT WAIT!!!!! yay!

9. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Really awesome news! Thanks for all your efforts and for keeping us to date Chris, meant a lot

10. GrumpyfaceChris

Of course! Can't thank you enough for your patience. You guys really shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place, but all I can say is that every time we run into something like this... we learn from it and it doesn't happen again :)

11. GrumpyfaceChris

The Crash-fixing update is out!

Please let us know if this update has resolved your crashing issues, or if you still see any other (or different) problems. You can post here, PM me, or send an email to [email protected] It's very important to us to stay on top of any problems and continue to provide support for any issues that might remain

Thank you so much to everyone for their patience and understanding as we worked out the kinks!

12. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Thanks for the fix :)

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Everything works, and the game is amazing :)

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #114 Exact-Psience, Aug 10, 2012
    dOWNLOADING...

Game's fantastic! Loving it! Excited with multiplayer... Soon i'll get online in this!

15. GrumpyfaceChris

So glad to keep to hear things are working :)

Thanks guys!

16. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Nice to hear that everything works -> downloading now =)

17. Fun game! Plays really well. Actually funner to play on the iphone than ipad which is quite rare. Highly recommended!

18. kflm23r

kflm23r Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Downloaded this today. More challenging than I expected!

19. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    Update fixed my crash issues. Thanks!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh crud... I cant stop playing this. Just like the time i was hooked on Captain Antarctica. Super Mole Escape is another winner.