Universal Super Mole Escape - (by adult swim and Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 8, 2012.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Hi Ryoma, thanks for all the detailed information. Can you tell me what region you're in, and also what language settings you have set? Thanks for the help

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #82 visionwebs, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    There is a pretty disgusting 1 star review on the UK app store, never have I read such a hideous insult of some ones time and efforts. :mad:

It's also unfounded, I won't repeat it here, it's far too disturbing!

How can apple let these sort of comments past their "human checks" ???
    Pretty astounded, considering this game is such of a high quality and value.

I just had to submit my own 5 star review to offset it. Those sort of comments and real threats can land people in police stations... Even on this forum I haven't read anything THAT bad!

I love this game, it's cool some people don't but there is a trend that rude people are getting hold of some expensive equipment in a global monetary stagnation, dont appreciate what they have and find it acceptable to cuss as easilly as drinking water without even giving developers a chance, it makes you wonder how they can afford to do such a thing!... :eek:

That review is not only an insult to this game, the people who make it and the players but also apple itself.
    Splash out on an iPhone/iPad and then be rude about it?

The mind boggles.

Grumpy face, I hope you don't take him seriously and you guys deserve good ratings of this much I'm sure!

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow! The more I play, the more I"m lovin it! The gem mechanics are just... awesome! Stringing 4-5 of em together... can barely keep control. =oD

Just hit #9 on the GC boards... woot woo!

Also just bought the Gem Doubler... so hopefully I can unlock some of those other moles.

Thank you GRUMPYFACE! =oD

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Is the "bribe the judge to continue" objective simply buying and using an auto-pardon?

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damn... I keep getting DRAW's in the MP matches... it says users keep getting disconnected...

anyone wanna battle??? - GC; syntheticvoid

Dunno if we should make an add-me thread for this one or not... =o/

6. Ryoma

Ryoma Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Just answered through the private message.

After doing the setting reset deleted the app and reinstalled through cable on itunes. seems to be working, and it actually fixed whale trail too sans my awesome v 1.0 profile with all the achievements.

deleting and reinstalling from the inphone appstore did not work.

7. GrumpyfaceChris

This is using a button that appears when you're in the wheel screen that says "Bribe". It's in the top right corner, and it only appears if you have at least 1,000 gems in your bank

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, Chris!

9. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    That was fun!
    What control scheme do you use?

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

Tilt... but I'm on my iPod right now... the kids have my iPad... I use touch on there.

11. GrumpyfaceChris

I wanted to get you guys an update on the crashes affecting several non-USA regions right away:

I'm sorry to say that the update came back to us from Apple, and it needs an adjustment before it can be approved. We are working away on that now, and are getting it back to them ASAP, but unfortunately I would imagine that means it will not be approved and live until sometime tomorrow.

We're very disheartened to not be able to get a fix to you guys sooner, but we're going to just keep trucking away until it's ready, and I will be updating this thread as well as our Twitter feed the moment it goes live. My sincere apologies once again. I should also mention that refunds are available through iTunes, for customers who wish to return their purchase and try again at a later date.

If anyone has questions or concerns they wish to discuss privately, or if we can provide further support (or if you have any details to share with us, or crash files), this email is available: [email protected]

12. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    iPad touch is the best control scheme on high sensitivity I think.

Glad to have you on my game center :)

Loving this game even more now, not many infinite runners can do online gameplay that well!

13. Ryoma

Ryoma Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    #93 Ryoma, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Good to know you are working on a fix, some new details The game has crashed twice for me since my last post.

both times after finishing a game spinning the wheel and getting 1 diamond
    when I get two or other powerups it works ok.

maybe there is something wrong there.

edit : disregard the above comment.

After several more crashes always after getting caught the game went back to crashing in the loading screen.

I'll wait for your fix.

14. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Thanks, that works awesome!

15. Ryoma

Ryoma Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    ok can confirm that setting flight mode on, and changing regional settings to Uniated States fixes the crashing

16. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    I'm also crashing when I try to start a game from the main menu. I'm in the US and have all English settings. I am jail broken. Game looks great & I'm anxious to play. I hate to give up my sbsettings and infinifolders, but if I keep having issues with apps, I guess I'll have to un-jailbreak. :-(

17. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    adult swim = instabuy for me

unfortunately, i'm also suffering from the non-us region bug (hope this gets fixed soon).

cheers and keep up good work...

18. GrumpyfaceChris

We actually just tracked this issue down as well! The next update should include a fix for both the non-english region issue, as well as a fix for jailbroken players. (Though, of course, it's always going to be much safer and more issue-free in general to NOT be jailbroken ;) )

19. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Yeah, so far the game is just a crashfest for me. I only managed to finish one game so far, the other times, it crashed during gameplay, during the main menu etc.

Hope that the update gets out soon, because this game is broken in it´s current state.