Universal Super Mole Escape - (by adult swim and Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is what I changed it to.

Language: English
    Voice Control:English
    Region Format: United States

It was previously Region Format: Philippines

But I had to change back the Region format to PH since it messes up my calendar and schedules.

2. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Exact-Psience: one last thing you can try is closing the app, go to airplane mode, and then re-open.

The issue is definitely related to currency/region character settings, though the changes in your device settings might not be taking full affect, or your App Store account might be interfering.

Either way, we will have a fix for non english/$ users submitted tonight, and hopefully expedited. Thanks for your patience and our deepest apologies once again

3. GrumpyfaceChris

The non-English region issue has been fixed and submitted to the app store -- I will keep you all posted on when to expect it, but we are hoping for tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience to all our international friends -- we hope you love the heck out of the game once it's working!

4. GrumpyfaceChris

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hope this fixes the crash issues! Looking forward to rocking this!

6. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Absolutely loving this one. Another great release from Grumpyface.

I'm unable to find a Versus game, but this is probably because it only just came out and not many people have it yet.

7. GrumpyfaceChris

So glad to hear it, thanks a bunch strivemind! :)

I think most people are playing Single Player so far.. I' sitting in auto-match at the moment if you want to queue up sometime in the next 10 minutes... :) (Playing as "MrCheez" right now)

8. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#48 strivemind, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    Oh and quick bug report. When using touch controls, if you use a second finger to activate an item, it occasionally sends you out of control until you release both.

Edit: also, thanks for the games. I don't know what kind of psychadelic mushroom I hit on the last one, but everything went all wavy and colorful.

Side note: During multiplayer, not having to pick up a full stream of gems (just whatever is left) really helps balance the game and allow a player to catch up.

9. GrumpyfaceChris

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but great games :) Did you hit the psychedelic mushroom on that last one? Haha

Ah great catch. Usually when playing, we use one thumb and quickly tap the items, rather than multi-touch. We'll have that fixed for an update

10. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Bluetooth multiplayer, or just online?

11. GrumpyfaceChris

Currently multiplayer is through game center only, though both wifi and 3G are compatible. For local opponents, direct inviting over game center is available for now :)

12. Looks like a fun game, maybe I'll buy it tomorrow.

13. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Game is crashing for me (iphone 4 iOS 5.0.1 french)

The english switch trick is not working :|

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #54 TheFrost, Aug 9, 2012
    Did everything (reboot, change region, language, airplane mode, respring,...) and still doent work. :..(

15. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Crashing for me as well, changing my region and enable Airplane mode does nothing.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #56 psj3809, Aug 9, 2012
    What a great game ! I dont normally like these 'endless runners' but to me this games great. The powerup's are superb, but most of all, i've been mentioning a classic arcade game a few times (Toobin) and this just reminds me of it, the way it plays going downwards, avoiding the edges, picking up items etc. Love it

A great game, 5/5

By the way top marks for adding tilt or touch

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, once I heard it was from Grumpyface, I was instantly super excited. I absolutely LOVE Bring Me Sandwiches!, Wispin, and Robot Unicorn Attack... and this is just as fantastic. It's not really super wacky like BMS, but it's a FANTASTIC diver, with some awesome mechanics (like speeding up when you collect a full line of gems), great upgrades, great power-ups, tight controls (and a great touch control option for the iPad, or if you just prefer it...)... it's great. THANK YOU GRUMPYFACE! =oD

Really hope the update goes through today so our worldwide friends can enjoy it too! =oD

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    After about 10 minutes of playing this, i can comfortably say that Adult Swim and Grumpface have done it again! The game play is really fun and the ability to choose both tilt and touch controls is both much appreciated and both schemes work great. But wait, there are upgrades, multiple characters to choose, multiplayer, and full Game Center support as well. Home run!

19. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Game keeps crashing on my ipad when I try to actually begin playing.

Menus work fine.

Fix coming soon?

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I heard the Fix should be out today