Universal Super Mole Escape - (by adult swim and Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 8, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks Sanuku for the video, before it was a maybe, now its instant-buy

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Bring Me Sandwiches is a truly fantastic game, so I'm all kinds of interested in this one. :)

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You are Welcome.

4. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought, Downloaded... The menus looks good, seen the missions... but everytime I start a game it crashes after the loadong screen... And this with Airplane Mode On, without it crashes after both logos are shown :(. iPhone 4 GSM, iOS 5.1.1

5. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Very odd.. actually, I think Apple hasn't approved an update we already had in queue, which better manages memory, so there might be a quick fix for you coming later tonight and tomorrow.

BUT in the meantime, definitely try this: clear all apps from multitasking and restart your phone completely, that should definitely help. Sorry about this Frost, but please let me know if that fixes things for you!

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Good to know there is a fix on the way as restarting or killing apps doenst help, perhaps because I am jailbroken?

7. GrumpyfaceChris

#27 GrumpyfaceChris, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    That is likely, unfortunately -- especially since we've never seen that sort of problem with the iPhone 4 (which has more RAM than the device that tends to have memory problems: the iPod touch 4). Do you ever experience issues with other apps on your jailbroken device?

The other advice I would offer is to delete and try reinstalling the game. If that doesn't work, hopefully the first update will be out tomorrow and do the trick for you. Sorry for the inconvenience! If you continue to experience problems or discover anything else, always feel free to PM me or contact us at [email protected] and I'll continue to do anything I can to try to help

Edit: I can't provide jailbreak-related support, but some google searching for "apps crashing on jailbroken iPhone" yields a lot of results, some of which seem to have potential solutions, so that might also be a place to look

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    This (is what I think it may be the reason) happened before with 2 games... because Sanuku plays it nice and he isnt jailbroken. Also seen corrupt Apple downloads before

Thanks for the tips and care, added you to my good devs list... I can wait for the fix :) If not, goodbye JB

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Try resetting the settings under general within the iPhone. This has worked for me before for apps that will not start.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #30 TheFrost, Aug 9, 2012
    I didnt know that, thanks... But it didnt work. Its a jailbroken issue for sure* (removing soon)

*99% sure

11. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    same here: game crashes after loading screen! i tried the things you recommended: nothing helps! hope the update is on its way!

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Are you jailbroken?

13. GrumpyfaceChris

#33 GrumpyfaceChris, Aug 9, 2012
    EDIT/UPDATE: We have discovered the problem -- it is isolated to certain regions not using English/United States language/currency settings and a fix has been submitted to Apple that should be made available within a day or less.

If you are still experiencing any other problems, we are happy to help, just send an email or crash log to: [email protected]

Thank you and so sorry for the inconvenience!

14. GrumpyfaceChris

#34 GrumpyfaceChris, Aug 9, 2012
    edit: see post above

15. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Tilt only I presume? I'll be playing on an iPad which is why I ask please.

Please let me know either way.

Thanks!

16. GrumpyfaceChris

We have both tilt and touch/swipe options (also sensitivity controls!) :)

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just from the screenshots, this reminds me of Duck Diving (I think that was the name), which came out...what, 4 months or so ago? I remember it was reviewed here on TA.

18. GrumpyfaceChris

Believe it or not... we actually began development in January ;) When "Duckers" came out, we were definitely surprised how close it looked at first glance.

Gameplay-wise though, we think our game feels quite different (much more emphasis on 'speed', for one). "Duckers" was definitely a great looking and polished game, however!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crashes on my 4s on start too. Changing regions doesnt work. Will wait for a fix

20. GrumpyfaceChris

Thanks for updating us, could you tell me what setting you normally have under language and region format? We have a fix on our end, so we can test with your settings.

(Did you also set both language to english, and region to U.S.?) Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience with this!