Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Gameevil has a knack for making a complex game seem simple . There is a cool amount of depth in here but is very easy to play.

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh, awesome!! I'll keep an eye out for it, then! :D

3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Reported Post by PixelPower

PixelPower has reported a post.

Reason:
    Forum: iPhone and iPod touch Games
    Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: 99barika
    Original Content:

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks good. Congrats

(Do wish the left/right icons were lined up though!)

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    That one of the most generic answer's I ever seen haha. I guess you work for a marketing company.

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    1st Make an NDA non-disclosure contract or else the moment you submit your game to them it will be on iphone marketplace with thier name on it.

2nd The 1st contact you have with them just send screenshots , video , and description. If they like what you have then they will ask to test the game itself.

3rd Get ready for changes, they probably will ask you to change certain things about your game or app before they approve it.

Basically that's it , good luck!!

7. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Wrong section.

8. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Alright if anyone wants me to send them a PM when the game is released just let me know. Iam pretty excited about the game and Iam sure you guys will have fun!!:)

9. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    If you saw the video's and read the description then you know what to expect from the game period. It's 99 cents and some people want it to be as great as Resident evil 5 with additional option's lol. Unbeliveable.

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    No please dont buy it, from your response I can already tell you dont think its worth it. It's not a console game but iphone game , it doesnt meet your high expectations.
    But on that note to everyone else you wants a solid super fighting game, I grabbed it at 6.99 and Iam happy with it, for a dollar its a must buy.

11. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #91 PixelPower, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    How many gamers would like a iphone game similar to limbo? Screenshot included

Hi Iam a new developer here and I have a game comming next week to the appstore thats a Platform adventure game. I was planning to do regular updates but also wanted to make it special. I was thinking outside the box and came up with the idea that since my game is a platformer, I could make a totally different platformer game and add it as an update. A couple of my friends and tester liked the idea, a few of them mentioned Limbo which I never pay attention to in the past. I just tested it out and I was impressed that it was simple and fun with slick level design. I was wondering how many people would be interested in such a game for iphone devices.

Here is a screenshot of what Iam working with so far.

Attached Files:

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok just a little advice most people view from thier ipod or iphone's wont be able to see the action clearly on the screenshot's on thier device which might lead to some lost sales. Just add 2 or 3 full view screenshot quickly. Excellent how you made a runner into something more special. Your a great developer!!!

13. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
  14. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Honestly swordigo is by itself, period. Maybe in the future but not now the only game similar is swords of illusia and its no where near swordigo graphics level .

15. Bardock29

Bardock29 Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yes im interested of your game! :^). Where are the screenshots?

16. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Chillingo does make games they publish games from other developers. Also they must have forward your email to the developers and the developer answered not Chillingo.

17. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I have seen 2 cases on iphone store were developers tried to slow down sales of a game , in one instanse it worked and the other it didnt. Iam talking about leps world and awesome land. In Leps world there was just too much positive feedback so the negative developer comments didnt effect the game. In Awesomeland however the negative comments really knocked the game down pretty fast and it was easier to tell that it was developers who blasted it as they werent as sneaky as the Lep's world comment, although some comments were very very similar for both games.

18. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    uick update guy's it been 3 days since the games have uploaded the game to apple. I have been working on an update because I want a reputation as a developer who updates often with new content.

The problem I have is making a desicion which is
    -Add more levels to the main game
    or
    -Add a 2nd full length adventure game based on Limbo game. Its been requested here in the past often and I want to see if people are still interested.

So it come down to added more levels to the main full length quest or adding a whole new game thats full length. So far the 1st release will have the full adventure + 2 mini-games( a runner/shooter and avoid type game). I will add more bonus games + either more levels or new 2nd game so any help would be appreciated in making the call. The mini-games were added so you dont have to spend money on casual games if you want to take a break from the full length 2D platform adventure. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I cant wait to hear your idea or responses.

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Well there are some thing to look for like if you have a 1 touch game and everyone likes the controls , then someone replies the controls are horrible,too many buttons, and complicated. That for sure is another developer or someone who personaly does not like the developer. If not then its someone who need's to stay at the local mental clinic and recieve medical treatment for his brain malfunctions.

20. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    This is why no one is contacting you, the developers can just rip sprites from your site and use them in thier games. Have a block or watermark your content, or else developers are getting your hard work for free.

Tell me what type of graphics you could come up with my game
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=142603

Attached Files: