Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Iphone games are great, just do research and you will find awesome games. I think the main problem is they expect great games to be advertised like the way consoles companies do. No in the iphone market you have to do research and you find alot of Gems like Deadspace which is console quality period.

2. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Its easy when your not selling games to go online and say oh there is no way to win on iphone market. Its equally easy if you had success to say oh I knew I would get there because it was a great game.
    Look the video game and iphone market hasnt really changed. It's people who dont have success that say oh because most of us fail, there is something wrong with the market and how to promote. No there isnt the fact is if the more console quality type game your game is, the better it will sell. If you take shots making casual games, its hit or miss. If you make games like orange pixel does, you might not get rich quick but I bet you wont be struggling either. The choice is ultimately yours.

3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    You probably have to contact one of the moderators , they will move your thread for you.

4. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    DeadSpace console quality epic!!

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Iam just wondering what the pricing model will be full purchase or IAP. A game like this has got to be at least worth $2.99 and up.

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  7. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Simple graphics, open world, power-ups, and variety gameplay. All put together in a simple but sweet package. Kudos to the developer and may he have success on the game.

8. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Uploaded the game to apple , so it should take 7-10 days to get approved. Iam excited and cant wait to see the gamers reaction to this game. Praying for an apple N&N feature!!

Attached Files:

9. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

I know in the past it used to be 6-7 days till approval. What is the waiting time been like recently for apple to approve your game?

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    This is amazing how Nimbit is now like a console company, every game they release is a hit. Companies like this give all indie developers how and Nimbit always makes fantastic games.

11. emc2r

emc2r Active Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Our apps - 8 days on an average.

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I think you go to app summary and click on edit metadata.

13. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    I made an update of 1 of my game recently. It just get released few minutes ago... It took 8 days (and only 10 minutes in Review).

JC

14. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Our last 2 approval times were 6 and 9 days (4 and 7 business days). I say 'Approval' but we were rejected on one of those :(

15. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #75 PixelPower, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    3 Teaser Video's for Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Game

Here are 3 teaser video's for the upcomming Super Meebo's Epic 2D adventure game

Castle Level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRFMb9H1-r0&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE: Apple has rejected this game based on graphic's. Apple said the graphic's are too pixelated and dont meet thier standards. I am very saddened to say Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure will not be comming to the appstore. Thank you however for the support you have given my and the kind words you have said about my game. Thank you so much it really meant alot that people were looking forward to the game, that really means so much to me.

Attached Files:

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm... I'm definitely interested in this one! Is there a release date yet?

17. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #77 PixelPower, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    The game was submitted yesturday which means Super Meebo's Epic 2D platform adventure hopefully will be in the appstore next week tues or wensday.

Attached Files:

18. worldalpha

worldalpha Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    It looks very interesting. Look forward to seeing it next week.

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I think people need to tone down thier expectation of a $2.99. I say $2.99 because thats the actual price you have to pay to recieve enjoyment out of the game without grinding. Its a solid title and of course they can do better, like add a compelling storyline and add some immersion to the game. Problem is if they sold higher they might not chart , so they sold it for less but didnt include the little things that add up to a handheld console type game. I feel they have given everyone thier $2.99 worth, if you want better you have to pay better.

20. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Pretty simple casual type game with bad dude tye graphics. This will probably chart for a little while and its perfect for 5-15 minute breaks.