Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback!! I made the game a little forgiving in certain aspects like jumping, but I will include a change to jumping in an update.

2. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    This is a great platformer , kind of like a super version of contra mixed with metal slug.

3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Yes I might be in luck in the future as far as artist, just have to work out the buisness side of it. Iam taking all the advice on gameplay and working on an update to make the game even more fun!! Thanks for all the positive words and advice Connector!!

4. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Limon's Epic Quest is a pixel art based game.

[​IMG]

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Thank you to all those giving me pointers to work on for my next update, which I will try to knock out as quick as possible. Your advice is gold and will help me make even better games. Also I finally got my game reviewed here

http://ios-game-reviewer.forumotion.com/t123-limon-s-epic-quest-iphonegame-review#296

The reviewer did mention some of the points of focus that you guys have said. I will keep you posted on the progress and thank you for your support.

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok I have been reworking the physics system, I should be finished in a day or two. Also I am thinking about making a lite after I finish fixing the physics system. Thanks for your valuable feedback, Iam determined to make this a 5 star game.

7. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  8. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #528 PixelPower, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Promo Codes to Limons Epic Quest Castlevania Type Game for Iphone/IpodTouch

Ok here are some promo codes, I need you to give review in itunes when you download the game. If you leave itunes review and I see it, PM me and I will give you another one for you to give to a friend. If no one leaves itunes reviews, then I will not give out more promo codes. Please leave a review within the 1st hour of downloading , I emailed apple and thats the rule for promo codes.

Limon's Epic Quest

The evil wizard Zolo has curse the land and has awaken the evil souls to cause havoc and destruction. Play as Limon arme…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The evil wizard Zolo has curse the land and has awaken the evil souls to cause havoc and destruction. Play as Limon armed with his might sword to hack and slash his way through zombie's, evil eye's and reanimated knight's. Limon also can sommon up 3 types of magic Light,Holy, and Dark magic whenever the enemies try to surround him. Travel through castle's, dungeon's, and even a futuristic world to defeat the evil soul's and take down the evil wizard Zolo!!

-Fun hack and slash platformer adventure with the ability to use light,dark,and holy magic

-Unlockable classic black and white platformer mode

-Tons of levels and different enemies to fight

Keep Rating for more levels!!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 14, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

JNWNNEAJ7FTW
    JX6EPE36JENL
    N9R7HJRRLRY4
    96WRF3MYLR69
    3EWL6JHR6J7L
    W3TYRJTYJWMH
    6LNXMW9YFT9K
    AWAK3KNYHWFK

9. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #529 PixelPower, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback , getting my butt kicked a little but I love the insight. Iam looking at what I need to improve on an update and working on it as we speak. I guess when you make a game based on a classic , this will happen. I am a one-man team so the changes will take me at least a week to make. I had people test the game before I released it and they liked it , so thats why I released it. Also to those talking about 10 year olds made this game, get out of the thread if your going to be disrespectful. You can give me critisism without being nasty and childish , you probably cant accomplish anything on your own anyway.

Thanks again for the feedback !!:)

As far as art Iam did the best I could , I didnt think it was bad but its not as good as konami's art. Well Iam going back to working on the game, have fun guys!!

Here are some promo codes for those who are on the fence about the game.

FFXRJAWLN9AH
    MMF3EAFHFWJK
    4T4PHMAP3RXM
    MLPET9THEN7F

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  11. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Cant wait for the next update, this game is addictive. I love when developers take the time to make a solid platformer, I just cant get enough of them.

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  13. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Honestly its probably less than %1 and i tell you why. There are 200 million IOS device owners but only about %10 of that actually download payed products. Add to that toucharcade only receives 1 million unique visitors a day , thats mean they count repeat visits as a new visit so cut that in half . If you look in the forums you only have 3,000-5,000 online at any given time. Most people just come here to check the price drop section anyway, a moderator had said something to that affect a couple of months ago. So less than %1 come online to check out new games.

14. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Yeah the samurai is excellent. These guys just keep adding content , I just wonder how they keep the file size so low compared to the amount of content they have.

15. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    What tiny wings ripoff? Next time play a game before openong your stupid mouth my beautiful bird flying adventure is a totally different game than tiny wings entirely.
    Also lets see your game or app. You probably accomplish nothing in life but talking shit online.

16. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Yeah your right, I will ignore these people and just focus on making better and better games.

17. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #537 PixelPower, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Limons Epic Quest (sword slashing and magic) free 1 time only

Limons Epic Quest will be free this 1 time only. Play as Limon in this hacking and slashing adventure. Defeat enemies using your trusty sword ,plus use magic powers when the enemies try to overwhelm you.

ITunes Link:

Limon's Epic Quest

The evil wizard Zolo has curse the land and has awaken the evil souls to cause havoc and destruction. Play as Limon arme…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The evil wizard Zolo has curse the land and has awaken the evil souls to cause havoc and destruction. Play as Limon armed with his might sword to hack and slash his way through zombie's, evil eye's and reanimated knight's. Limon also can sommon up 3 types of magic Light,Holy, and Dark magic whenever the enemies try to surround him. Travel through castle's, dungeon's, and even a futuristic world to defeat the evil soul's and take down the evil wizard Zolo!!

-Fun hack and slash platformer adventure with the ability to use light,dark,and holy magic

-Unlockable classic black and white platformer mode

-Tons of levels and different enemies to fight

Keep Rating for more levels!!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 14, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

18. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #538 PixelPower, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Iam hoping that the game gets enough downloads so that when I update it the word will spread. Also post any feedback on the game in this thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=153882

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Going to be free for 24 hours to build up downloads and support for the game. If I can get enough downloads and people spread the word to download I will continue with updating the game.

20. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Has going free then back to paid equal more sales in 2012?

I know in the past developers would go free for a couple of days then see a huge boost when they go back to paid. But in 2012 does that tactic still work going free to spread the word and then going back to paid?