Universal Super Meat Boy Forever (by Team Meat & Thunderful Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks for explaining in such detail. Yes, I did manage to get it right but took quite a few attempts. Still, I kinda get the feeling that it was more luck than skill. I probably won’t be able to do it again if I tried.

VirtualBoyFreak likes this.
  2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Is there a pacifier in every level? I’ve only found 2 in Chipper Grove. I’m at the second boss now. I can tell he’s gonna be a really pain in the butt too.

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I believe there is one in every level.

i honestly been playing without even looking at them for the most part yet lol, I am currently at the final boss of the game and only have 2 pacifiers ^^;

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There is indeed one in every level, except for the first 3 levels in Chipper Grove.

@Anotherkellydown No clue why I’m replying here, but yeah, following up on what I said earlier in this thread, I find myself appreciating the “randomness and all the jank that comes with it” too.

5. Anotherkellydown

I can definitely appreciate how the randomness works so well. I don’t think I would have even known it was random if we weren’t discussing here.

adamphetamine likes this.
  6. Anotherkellydown

On to world 3. Making better progress than I was expecting. At this rate, I may just beat it! Ha. Also unlocked a new character (below is not a picture of the new character, but the second boss who tried to kill me with every ounce of strength he had left!)
    IMG_0119.png

adamphetamine likes this.
  7. Anotherkellydown

Mikhail was kind enough to write a review.

I’m still making good progress. That 3rd boss was something else! On to the 4th world!

8. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Very nice ! Keep going :)

I have been at the final boss for 2 days, didnt play much though... died maybe 100 times so far in that fight, I can now consistantly get him to around half hp.... hes tough xD

9. Anotherkellydown

Nice dude! I just got to him a few minutes ago. I know I have to knock him down and I’m guessing those purple orbs are the key. But man, not getting hit by all those mini-me’s is a struggle. Feels great to ground slide through a pile of them though :D

10. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    #50 Milotorou, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    Yeah... I wont say anything here, dont wanna spoil anything haha

edit : Right after typing this I got to the credits roll, fun thing about this game is that now im sure I can beat the final boss 2/3 times easily.... hahaha.

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Has anyone of you guys experienced this flickering issue? There are these colored squares randomly appearing all around the map. It happens repeatedly in Chipper Grove, level 4. Check out the video:

12. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Oh ha ha. That’s not a glitch:

that means you are near one of the game’s glitch levels. Go looking nearby. It’s secret content.

macplash likes this.
  13. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, I’ll be damned! Thanks for clarifying. I found it btw. I looked around and found the glitch. Which wasn’t a glitch. I mean it was, but not the glitch I meant. Enough about the glitch. The point is, it was awesome.:)

14. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    In 2024 still pillarboxed, or finally in fullscreen?

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still got bars, but I got the game for like 99p and it’s still great so it doesn’t bother me.

16. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Would buy it for 79ct, because only 80% of the screen is filled.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I know what you mean, I’m a bit of a snob about borders. I won’t usually buy a game with them as I feel like there’s no excuse these days.

I don’t even know why this has borders because they aren’t that big on my iPhone 15 pro max so surely using that screen size would be full screen on a normal phone…but anyway to my surprise it really doesn’t bother me with this title as the game still looks great and plays great.

I think if you’re interested in it you’ll be missing out if you don’t get it just because of the borders if you think you’ll be able to get past it having them.

Chq likes this.