Universal Super Mario Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moraleszez

moraleszez Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Man i'm really nervous to see what Nintendo is going to bring to the table.
    i really see a new era of endless auto runner style games coming. :p

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    10$ for a runner ....loooool . Just as I had written months before apple's conference , Nintendo will throw its characters to shitty games and charge a premium for these games .

3. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Ummm, excuse me?

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't bother.

[​IMG]

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I love how people call a game that is not even released yet shitty just based on genre. Prejudice, anyone?

The game might be wonderful, awful or just okay. But we don't know that yet. Jesus, guys!

Also, it's $9.99, not $99.99. People must have read it wrong. Lol

6. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I can't wait for this It looks so good and fun I'm not into runners but I don't think this is your average runner. It's more than that. It's more akin to your classic Mario platformer than an auto runner from all the videos I've watched and the articles I've read I'm so hyped for this game. $10 is perfect. I thought it was going to be more. iOS gaming is hot right now It's really cool

7. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Is your name Jon Snow? Because you know nothing!

#

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahahahaha! Me right now... :D

9. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Controller Support?

Anyone know if the forefathers of the physical game controller will actually bother to support them in upcoming Mario Run? (ie MFi Controllers)
    Or have they forgot about their heritage & convinced themselves that poking a piece of glass is "the new way to play"

Not saying it is not gonna be fun, as nintendo are the masters of gameplay so i'm sure we are in for some surprises, but there is only so much you can do with 1 input method and timing... so i'm saying they should at least honor the game controller by supporting both methods of input.

There are still some of us who remember pressing the red controller button for the 1st time & trying to time that first jump in the original Mario..(cue wobbly nostalgia screen)..and of course what followed next is pure gaming history..the foundation of the 2d platforming genre was born all because of some little fat plumber in a red jump suit.
    So maybe its just me, but i expect nintendo to honor this genre/foundation and support controller input also.
    now i hear you..."its only gonna be 1 button!", but my argument is about respect & principal more than the implementation.
    BTW i'm betting they won't even bother, but secretly hoping they do.
    What you guys think?

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    If it is only on button or something like that I see no point in implementing MFI support just for the sake of it.

All I am all for more options, but, in this case, the resources should be focused somewhere else in the game.

11. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Pitfall Harry called. He's not happy with you right now.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Donkey Kong beat it by 1 year

13. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Single screen vs. side scroller, but yeah, you're technically correct. I don't think Draven2222 was thinking of Donkey Kong (or anything pre-NES, for that matter) when he wrote his post, though.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #134 LordShad0wz, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Man I cannot wait for this damn game. I'm hoping everyday Nintendo says Surprise! The get button is lit lol

I can't wait to have thousands of toads to chain up and beat in my toad kingdom. They will be shown no mercy. There will be toad brothels and toad gambling halls that I will tax. I will have a toad secret police. I will build a great toad gladiator hall and force criminal toads to fight each other with plumbing pipes and wrenches. Then I will use the remains as toppings for my pizzas.

Yessss. Bring it on Nintendo. Let the family fun begin!!

Billy

15. treeplanter

treeplanter Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Indie Game Dev
    Seoul, Korea
    Potentially the game of the year

Really can't wait for this game.
    I'm surprised that it's a paid game.
    Their video/trailer seems so fun to watch and I am wondering what kind of mechanics they pulled.
    Really looking forward.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What do you mean? What would they have pulled because it's paid?? I guarantee they add levels later on. They won't mess this up. This game is going to make them money. Hell I would have paid ahead of time that's how excited I am that Nintendo is finally doing this.

17. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    #137 Draven2222, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Oh yeah "Pitfall harry","Donkey Kong" i remember them launching a billion dollar company/franchise/mechandizing and being the worlds gaming media focus & on the lips of every kid on Christmas day.....hold on... no that was Mario..
    My point being.. yes there where other before Mario..but none that made it as popular with the masses & had the explosive impact of Mario, hence i declare Mario did infact "define the 2d Platforming genre"

I am surprised at the price though..not sure it will sit well with regular glass poking iOS gamers.
    Although Square Enix seem to get away with it...so maybe..

18. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Lol, Mario was around 30k, I'm sure nintendo have no trouble in resource management, and implementing controllers, infact i bet it's more challenging for them to do iOS touchscreen.
    That's what it was all about in those days.cramming as much "gameplay" into the limited space available,Under this environment of limited resources the true pioneers of the game development evolved, and why Mario is where he is today...i would expect them to support the game controller for this reason alone...yes for the sake of it.. ;)

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Lol, Donkey Kong was the debut of Mario

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    The price is only $10. For a New Nintendo game that's cheap. I bet they do really well especially with the IP involved. You know Apple and Nintendo will have ads everywhere too. In my household alone myself, my brother, my daughter, her boyfriend, my step son, and my 2 nephews will be buying. We are all signed up and waiting for the notification. My daughter has a bunch of friends getting it too.

Billy