Universal Super Mario Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That makes 1:30 am of Dec16th here in PH.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Calm down, guys!

If Nintendo were to set a precise time it would be xx hour of the 15th.

3. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    You know what, it's 1.40 am the 16th of Dec in Australia. Around the world it's the 15th or 16th Dec and still no Super Mario Run. I think I will just play the demo and screw Nintendo and not purchase the full game... Over hype is just over hype and Nintendo just pushed it to unacceptable limits.

4. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I love to see how the reactions are so mature: "I won't buy because Nintendo dudn't release on the second I though would be"

Come on! Don't add to toxicity.

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Nintendo dropped the ball on this release period ! there site says dec 15 well alot of places are dec 16 now awesome job for failing nintendo.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

On most it's written "December 15* *PST Time" even if you're not in a US timezone. So no, Nintendo didn't drop the ball yet. The game will be released at 6PM GMT.

7. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    #327 NinthNinja, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Well, the release was suppose to be the 15th and now it's 2am in Australia on the 16th. Unfortunately it's no longer the the 15th. Around the world there is a time where the 15th co-insides with every country in the world and Nintendo missed the boat. So why should I not grumble about this... I've waited up all night to download this and now I don't give a crap and will go to bed. Tomorrow I will download but I will be extra do I really want to spend $10 on this. There's no toxicity on this but if you promise something then DELIVER on the 15th. Very simple black and white!

8. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Nintendos actual site says dec 15 world wide its 10am now est us time and Australia and PH its like 2 am dec 16. There is no sugar coating it tge ball has been dropped on this release.

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It's your own fault, not Nintendo's.

10. killercow

#330 killercow, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    It says:
    "The first-ever mobile game featuring the most iconic video game hero of all time goes on sale for iPhone and iPad on 15th December (Pacific Time)"

http://www.nintendo.com.au/super-mario-run-launches-for-iphone-ipad-on-15th-dec

Thus PST, simple as that.

Side note: I still can't believe people would boycott a game because it released a few hours later than they anticipated.

11. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    It's a video game, guys. Get some rest, you don't have a limited time to play it. I imagine this would be on Apple's end since they're the ones that update the App Store - usually it's at the same time every day

12. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    If it's any consolation Manic Miner Run is on the AppStore. Miner Willy was the real hero from my youth and Manic Miner Run isn't too bad, actually. Hard as nails though.

13. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Why? It's the 16th now and still no game in Australia... As I said the 15th can co-exist for every country and now it does not.

14. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Very true... I like irony and concise time ;)

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    No exact time was given, just a date. I think that saying it's "unacceptable" is a little dramatic. Regardless, everyone will be able to play within hours I would assume.

It's only 10:15am where I live so "December 15th" is a relative term as I assume it would be PST where its only 7:15a.

Calm down.

16. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i think its hilarious that its dec 16 in japan and its not released that means their own country missed the release window ? seriously? its way past dec 15 in Japan, PH, Australia that alone is just dumb. i think its bs that its not out yet when it should be. :mad:

17. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    To make it light hearted, I suspect some intern at Nintendo forgot to press the release button :D

I guess they won't be getting a job ;)

18. killercow

The press embargo is at 6PM GMT, every Nintendo website is saying "December 15 PST TIME" so no, everything is going according to Nintendo's plan whether you agree with it or not.

19. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I can't believe people aren't sleeping . Is it because u think ur the first to play it? Doesn't matter if I'm the first or last . Not coming out until 5pm est on a Nintendo sub site but that's just someone else's word.

20. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Shareholders aren't tuned into realtime downloads/sales, so I don't think this is the case.