Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Yeah..sucks..I mean I *was* jail broken a few months ago but restored the device so I assume that removed the jailbreak.

Sucks that it is crashing.

2. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    How do you get the first black coin on the first level?

I'm not able to jump high enough to reach it! Has anyone been able to get it?

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I never need no Nintendo console again with this quality from Nintendo on my Ipad, love the game as I used to be a big Nintendo fan, but with IOS it changed but now Nintendo has me back and paying again for their games, funny how life turns and turns.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It worked for me, I've on,y paid once and have the full game on two devices. We have different Nintendo IDs but the same iTunes account. It'll look like you're being charges as you first get the "would you like to buy for £7.99" message, after pressing yes, you'll get a message saying that you have already bought that item, do you want to get it again for free.

Then everything unlocks.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I do not feel totally like a nerd, well a bit ha ha.

Why didn't I had so much fun as a kid as I have now, something went wrong, maybe in the upside down.

6. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Thanks - sorted. I was initially wary of using the 'Purchase' button on the second device when it went as far as asking if I wanted to buy .. there are two stages before you see the 'You already bought it' prompt. Long time since I bought any kind of IAP, plus the game does say you need a Nintendo account to restore unlocked content. All that combined (and no obvious 'restore purchases' button) and it's not 100% obvious, so many thanks for explaining!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I can play it fine on my wife's iphone5, but not on my ipad air. Grrrrrrr.

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You're nuts this is no where near top Nintendo quality, totally worth getting a console. This is only a tiny sliver of how good their games are.

9. kevin888

kevin888 Member

Apr 24, 2015
    It's really good.
    I can't find the last purple coin on the first level. Do I have to jump really high or something?

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    As a huge Nintendo fan, game is a disappointment to me. I can see how people who haven't played a Mario game for a long time are in love with it but it's a disappointment for me. Not enough levels at all, replayabilty to get all the coins is fine but just feels lazy to me. I know the game isn't meant for me, it's meant to grab the casual audience to jump on the Nintendo console train so I have to take it for what it is. Still a decent first entry into mobile.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I seem to be getting only red roads from the rally
    How do you get diff ones or is it a random thing
    So far it's okay
    For those who are wondering you can play 1-1,1-2, and 1-3 but after that you have to pay $10 to play the rest and I'm okay with that seeing as it's a new MARIO game sure it's not the old game but it's still pretty good and I say that as someonit's who can't stand auto runners but it somehow works okay with this game

12. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    No kidding. Man, if this is your new Nintendo fix in place of their full-fledged games, you are missing out like no one has ever missed out before.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I seem to be getting only red roads from the rally
    How do you get diff ones or is it a random thing
    So far it's okay
    For those who are wondering you can play 1-1,1-2, and 1-3 but after that you have to pay $10 to play the rest and I'm okay with that seeing as it's a new MARIO game sure it's not the old game but it's still pretty good and I say that as someone who can't stand auto runners but it somehow works okay with this game

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Think you have to purchase the rest of the levels

15. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    Despite my initial judgment and disappointment concerning this game's requirement for persistent internet connection, I decided to give it a try for the first three free levels. The controls got some getting used to, but I found the game to be surprisingly more fun than I imagined. I paid the $10 and got the full game. I've beaten the first two worlds so far and have enjoyed a lot of the level designs. After four tries, I finally managed to get a good run through the second world's boss stage on the airship and it was very nostalgic as if I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 for a second there. For now, I'm only collecting the five pink coins. After I finish the game, I'm going to go back and try for the purple coins through every level. I want to play as Princess Peach. It will be like Super Mario Bros. 2 again. This and 'Bully' will keep me busy for a few days.

16. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    So why this game is so special? I grew up with mario okay but why I see this game on everywhere. I have played and didnt see any special thing.

17. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does the game use Game Center?

18. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    For a mobile game I think it's very good. Not "classic" Nintendo but definitely a new Nintendo for a new market. I wouldn't expect console quality but it's damn close. Very challenging to get all the coins and the controls are perfect for a phone. Def worth $10 IMO, but for a premium title they need to get the hell rid of the online requirement. I already had it hang on me in an area with no signal. Not cool.

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Just know that no matter how many years you play this game, you will never be as good as AndyC83 is at it right now.

20. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    Most overhyped game of 2016.