Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. gha_razor

gha_razor New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    so I have to buy the game again in android, even though I already bought it in iOS, sigh..

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    well, I had to purchase the game, the first world was so gorgeous and I just wanted more.. now I'm trying to compete in toad rally but I'm always getting more experienced players against me (at least everyone has more toads) so I'm losing mostly which is annoying, but I assume there's no other way to get more toads, or is it?

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Don't think so. I didn't really enjoy Toad Rally. I'll still play a level or two now and again, but the rally just made me more frustrated than happy to play.

4. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I love Toad Rally! The competitive aspect is really fun. Just playing the levels and trying to beat your old high scores is boring. At least for me.

I have collected 350 green and 350 blue Toads, but some items are still not unlocking. Toadette House and Mario Statue, for example. Also, I cannot expand beyond the first page. I guess they still keep things locked from the cheapos.

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #625 macplash, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Toadette House requires also 200 purple and 200 yellow toads, you just probably need to scroll the screen down to see that. I collected 3500 toads so far and still missing 50 yellows to unlock her house.. But I'm getting there, this game is awesome. Once you unlock Luigi the game's much easier :)
    To expand beyond first page you need rainbow bridge. First one is unlocked when you have 20 toads of each color I guess? Dunno exactly, already have 3 of those bridges :)

6. Zhang Doe

Mar 9, 2013
    ^
    Ahhh, I totally did not see that there is a scroll down option. Thanks.

7. Zhang Doe

Mar 9, 2013
    I think they should come up with a ranking system. How many Toads an opponent has really isn't indicative of skill set.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Having just upgrade to iOS11, i thought that would let me play Mario Run on my ipad air 1. Still crashes on startup.

I found out there was a jailbreak detection, but my ipad was never jailbroken. The last time i jb’d a device was on my ipad 3.

Im stumped how this game still crashes on startup for me, when i can play it on the ip5.

9. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Has anyone found a solution to the crashing issue yet? I'd like to take advantage of the half off sale but the game just crashes on me every time I open it.

10. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Wasnt aware of a crashing issue. Just installed today and got the iap. Working fine for me.