Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
  2. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The bonus game is annoying. Why not just give players a ticket per day?

Also, I was very disappointed to find out you have a max of five friend runs per day if you purchased the game. I am generally okay with a $10 price, but not if features are nerfed. At the very least allow one friend run per friend per day!

3. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Rally mode is where it's at. Though I will say I did not like the Rayman runners ... those pushed perfect runs and zero flexibility, whereas this is more about fun and different pathways and options.

4. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I dont unterstand how people dont like this game? Its solid 5/5 game. Very flexible, perfect controls for touch, replayble is great and also its include actually 3 game in one game. And this is a mario game in your phone cmon! Whats matter that 10$ price. Pfff!

I hope we will see this kind nintendo games. Premium. Not free shitties.

I wish Supercell make game like this. Look at Clash Royale. Its ####ing perfect and innovative but also free to play. Meh! I hate that chests!

Can you think Super Mario Run in f2p? There is a article about this at Pocketgamer. You must see if you want this game for free.

5. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #605 Intendro, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    The Internet requirement for single player mode.
    People not liking it's another runner.

The freemium-like things in a $10 game, like that Internet requirement, and the timed ticket-gaining for game modes that use tickets for some reason.

It being a Mario game that isn't exactly a Mario game.
    People having different opinions.

Did I mention the Internet requirement preventing the game from working when you want it to?

That about sums up everyone's complaints. Do you understand why now? :eek:

6. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    any tips on what character to use when playing the special course?

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What special course? I always play with Luigi and it works quite good. The only special levels I can think of are the colored pipes, and Luigi is ok for those.

8. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    From what I remember I have not post in this thread at all. I am Nintendo fan since 80s ! I would really like to buy this game BUT it has many differences and restrictions that I cannot bear with it. I would love Nintendo to make games on ios but this Mario game is not what we would like to play. I wanted to buy it to support it but no way! It has great graphics and music though...

1) As others have said before - internet required all the time !! This is a wtf situation. Never before Mario has this as a requirement. To please all the fans - users it should have the option to have online features for the other modes and offline story mode - campaign. Internet should be optional. End of story. All the others are excuses.

2) It's not the typical mario which you control him properly. It sure is somehow awkward to control only with touch screen BUT they could have done it like the fantastic Lost Stocks which I have bought it long time ago and like Rayman 1 & 2 which all were premium games! Auto-runner but not like this nonsense.

3) Few stages and the replayability is only to collect coins in hard situations. Thank you but I will pass. I would prefer to have coins somewhere hidden in the stages and do some puzzles to obtain them. Yes, I know it's 10$ / 10€ game but..

4) ..Some other big companies like Square Enix have developed fantastic titles for mobile like the Go series which are premium and less in value than 10 dollars or like Ubisoft's rayman 1 and 2, Prince of Persia, Deus Ex The Fall, Sega's Rome Total War which costs 10$ but it's a full game (only for ipad though..), Total War battles Shogun which is universal, Sonic series, Crazy Taxi (ok this one is old), etc.

Unfortunately maybe Nintendo would not like to offer full normal titles but some titles like demos to continue supporting their devices - switch, 3DS, etc. I would love to play a new premium HD Fire Emblem title on ios which will have great control even if it's has 10$ or more BUT unfortunately I don't see this coming. Maybe they will develop a fremium or f2p or a premium but with limitations and maybe internet connection all the time..

It's not that we want to complain and be all the time unsatisfied but Nintendo has a great potential to SUPPORT ios / android AND their devices as well but they miss this opportunity.

9. JHK

JHK Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    After you add a friend to the Friends List, how do you find them in Toad Rally so you can run against them?

10. CoolGlassesGuy

CoolGlassesGuy Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    So I finally hit 9999 Toads, and what did I get for such an achievement? Absolutely nothing. (besides bragging rights, of course) Couldn't they at least put a gold star or something next to our name, or give us any kind of recognition?

11. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Ok I need help, someone I know wants to purchase it but they have separate iOS devices and no Nintendo network. Do they have to purchase this both times?

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    New update with a new easy mode

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    and easier to earn toads?

14. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I know this game is a bit old news now. But I was just wondering, do you think we will get any new levels for it?

I really hoped Nintendo wouldn't just dump this on the shelf the second it was released but it is seeming that way to be honest.

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Unfortunately, they said they have no plans for new levels

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just because there's the possibility of it not seeing new levels, Nintendo have done the exact opposite of dump it. It's been updated a number of times, countless in-game items, events, etc have steadily been released.

17. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I understand that, but for the £8 price tag I don't think that is enough at all to be honest. An easy mode isn't something that benefits the majority of people. I think there is better things they could have invested their time in personally but everyone expects different things.

18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #618 macplash, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Super Mario Run is coming to Android tomorrow.. so, do you regret buying the game with hindsight? is it worth its price tag? Did Nintendo update the game with more content in those 3 months? I didn't have a chance to try it on iOS yet so I'd like to be prepared for it with my mind made up already

19. gezoyte

gezoyte Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Analyst
    Natural State
    It's really up to you on whether or not you'd enjoy it. But as for me, I do not regret spending $9.99 on this game. It's incredibly polished, fun, and relaxing to play. I can play it for a long time straight or for a quick 1 minute segment.

20. Contrafan

Contrafan Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Really hoped for more new content in the update, still not a $9.99 game for me. Nice that freeloaders get an extra stage I guess??