Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Not too bothered about the pricing. From playing the demo, it's a pretty good game.

What does bother me is the need to be online. The whole point of mobile gaming is portability and the ability to play anywhere. Not gonna work on my train ride.

Can anyone suggest a way for Nintendo to battle piracy without resorting to this? They should at least get rid of it on iOS ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. CoolGlassesGuy

CoolGlassesGuy Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    I was alternating between Mario and Toad until I unlocked Luigi (who is my favorite character in the Mario universe), and I've been using him ever since. IMO, Luigi's the best out of the cast, mostly for his jumping ability. With regards to Toadette, I can't tell the differences between her and Toad, although I'm pretty sure Toad runs faster by comparision. Side note: Peach is pretty bad. I think she's the worst character, by far.

3. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Princess Daisy and our custom miis need to be added to the run ##

4. CoolGlassesGuy

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't know how the Miis would work, but I could definitely get behind Daisy being added.

5. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    After the race, she can steal/lure toad fans from the enemy. Not a lot, but it can sometimes help shift the race to your favour.

6. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    What if our miis could mimic any of the other unlocked characters (?) ##

7. CoolGlassesGuy

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    I didn't even think of that lol. That would be pretty cool, actually.

8. Yks

Yks Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Mario of course! :)

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #589 Cilo, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    I was hitting pretty good coin scored with Luigi and thought that was the best I could do. Then I went back and started going through levels with Peach and she has one thing the other characters don't which is a smaller head. This allows me to do multiple quick jumps and hit rows of blocks which add to my coin score at the end. I noticed some people top a couple of my scores using Yoshi so I might have to figure him out next.

Also Audioradar how did you score 261 coins on 1-1?! Amazing man

10. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    #590 Excalipur, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    I guess they could freeze kingdom progress and access to rally when offline. It's not just a piracy issue. You could then proceed to tour on the train in that scenario.

P.S. Is it my imagination or did the last update make Peach's skirt stay down more when spinning down from a spring jump?

11. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    I understand this is it's own game but Mario?

I'm an old school Mario player and played all the classic Mario growing up. This game just doesn't have the same feel to me. Maybe it's not supposed to, regardless personally I'm dissapointed.

Played a few levels and had little satisfaction because they dummed down the original formula a lot...

This remonds me more of temple run than it does of Mario

12. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    is there any other way to get tickets other than playing the three bonus stages and collecting points? i have completed the tour mode and collected all the coins.

13. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Thanks for sharing!

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    There are several items in the shop that give a bunch of tickets every day. Look for yellow blocks.

15. toochunky

toochunky Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah, in addition to the three bonus games, the Mega ? Block from the store can give up to 50 tickets each time, and the Long Block and small ? blocks give smaller amounts. And for the time being you can get 5 rally tickets per day from racing against people in your friend list.

16. CoolGlassesGuy

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah, the small ? Block can only give up to 5 tickets, and the medium block gives up to 20. (I'm not running out of Rally Tickets any time soon...)

17. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    This game actually reminds me of the Rayman iOS games, but a lot slower, easier, and a lot less content.

18. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    hey thanks guys! i thought the yellow block was one time only, but it refills with either tickets or coins! thanks.

So i just got the cake, and it does nothing? when i touch it, it just float and slam the ground.. oookay..

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Does anyone want to add each other on this game? I need some friends and most of friends don't really fancy gaming on their phones.

20. CoolGlassesGuy

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX