Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #421 JCman7, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Make that 245 now

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Nintendo makes grinding fun, who else could do this, yup no one.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Agreed, I don't feel I'm grinding those purple mushrooms in any way. Super addictive and fun game. I feel like when I played Super Mario World trying to get all the worlds. Plus now I have to try and get all the colored coins for the new pipe levels ;)

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    That's quite a fanboy statement. I think it's not something only Nintendo is capable of.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    D'oh. I assumed that the highest score for each level would be on the most difficult black coin version, and tried getting my high scores for world 1 that way. Very interesting that it might vary with each level!

6. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Anyone?

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    It depends I do all my high score runs on the pink coins just because it's easier to get the coins and I won't have to keep restarting the level more then I already do

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah you are right, I think Zeptolab or Rovio could do it also I think and some other big studios.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    255 :)

10. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'd love to play this game, but it crashes before it starts (after the first red loading screen)
    I'm using iPad Air 2, 128gb, iOS 10.1.1 (but not much free space)
    Anyone else having problems?

11. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I love the world tour but the purple toad grind on rally is absurd.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am saying for years I love One Touch Games the most, that's why I love the IOS scene so much because of that, and Nintendo did just that they made a One Touch Game that you really shouldn't compare to other Super Mario games out there.

I now begin to see what they did with that given fact that it should be One Touch, and when you look at it with that in mind it's just brilliant and therefore I love it.

Enough Roger-NL now we know it.

13. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Awesome game. I love Nintendo and all their games and Super Mario Run is no exception. I don't mind paying $10 for a quality game. I don't understand all the negative reviews in the App Store. The only complaint I have is always having to be connected online to play, other than that the game is fantastic.

14. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    Anyone else frustratingly terrible at Toad Rally? Man I suck at it. I feel like I have no chance of getting Luigi at the pace I'm going. I really hope they add more content to this game, because I don't know what else to do. While I do like replaying the levels, collecting coins don't really matter to me anymore as they did in my original run. I just want to run through some new stages.

15. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, I suck at it, too. I still enjoy trying, though.

Right now I'm just working on getting all the coins in tour. Killing enemies levels them up, which in turn makes them worth more coins in rally, so I figure I need to get them all leveled up to have equal footing with those that already have them maxed.

16. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I did not know this. I was wondering what it meant by enemy count after every stage.

17. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Get on the train, having a good time with a single-player game I just paid 10 bucks for...

Attached Files:

18. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    If you love one touch games, come visit us at the Geometry Dash forum!

Jk, you don't gotta. It's not cool to advertise it lol.

Anyone get toadette yet? I have Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi. What's toadette's ability?

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    She grabs away a portion of your opponent's Toads in Toad Rally when the final tally happens. Like Peach/Toad/Yoshi, she can only take one hit, so Super Mushrooms just give her coins instead. She's kind of the ultimate Toad Rally character for skilled players.

20. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #440 bossjaja, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Here are some tips for Toad Rally:

-Grind enemy kills in the Tour Mode, you'll get more coins per kill if they're levelled up.

-IMO, the absolute most important thing in Toad Rally is getting a star. I always prioritize getting those little randomized blocks with mushrooms/coins/stars or the huge red rings. Invincibility+coin magnet pretty much means you win if you use it well enough.

-Doing tricks fills your Coin Rush meter (The little spin in mid-air, jumping after a ground roll, multiple enemy hops, etc)

-Don't try to go fast. While you do get a 10 coin bonus by hitting the checkpoint first, it's usually better to take your time and get every coin/hit every enemy than to rush just to hit it first.

-Don't die :p (Seriously, dying kills your Coin Rush meter and your crowd of toads will leave. I never risk trying to get an item or group of coins if there's a decent risk of dying)

These guidelines have gotten me some good results, I usually win about 70-80% of the time.

As for the ticket thing, I really wouldn't worry about running out. There are like 3 bonus games that can do every 8 hours which may provide you with one, + the question mark block gives me 3-5 pretty regularly.