Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

2. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    My condolences too!
    It's too cruel and too sad when these things happen.. :( :(
    Only time and God can somehow heal your loss..
    I'm sorry ... :(

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    My condolences to you & yours i am sorry to hear that aswell

4. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    1926-6074-5527

5. gakuka

gakuka Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    2047-7336-0860

6. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
  7. Jim=D

Jim=D Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Studying Teaching
    Australia
    hidden bubble 1-1 ?

Does anyone know where the bubble is hidden in level 1-1 (Pink coins).

Cheers in advance!

8. Nightxx

Nightxx Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #388 Nightxx, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    The stops you mostly find in rally runs, not so much in tour... what's annoying about these stops that they force you to jump on release or make you miss a block that you're suppose to hit to cross a brigade...

When Mario auto jump enemies or obstacles is just plain annoying and takes out the fun and strategy of what makes a Mario game... the stop placements, directional blocks these are just gimmicks added to walk through people in the game with no strategy or timings involved...

I mean what's the issue in making gesture controls to make Mario run left or right instead of implementing this mess...

The game could have been much better than what is right now...

9. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    It's all perspective. I killed many hours with the real MARIO 1. In hind sight it was a very short game. This matches it. It's a solid first mobile hit. Not the biggest fan of toad rally but the tour is a great MARIO game. I would have loved a speed run element like we use to do in smb1

10. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    So I just figured out that you can touch the bubble at the top left any time you want if you miss something. All this time I've been trying to kill poor Mario so I can go back to get that missed coin.

11. AGDriver

AGDriver New Member

Dec 18, 2016
    #391 AGDriver, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Really lol, this game gets more and more like a YouTube video,
    where the player is watching a let's play video of Super Mario lol.

Thanks for that tip, so it's really easy to get missed stuff.
    This game is fun, but I don't really feel it's a real Mario game.
    Besides I had to pay for the next levels. On my Game Boy Advance,
    I could play the whole game with all the worlds, no paywalls, and
    no required always online. But yes I understand this is not that
    same game, I'm honestly just disappointed, I was hoping for a Mario game.

12. Jim=D

Jim=D Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Studying Teaching
    Australia
    Yeah i use them a lot for getting as much gold coins as i can. For level 1-1 my highest is 226 atm :D

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Umm... did you forget the big paywall of having to buy the cartridge for your Gameboy game?

I mean... sheesh! How is having to buy a game in any way a disappointment? There has never been a free Mario game in the history of the franchise, what makes this one so different that people a freaking out about having to buy it. This is just crazy. And stupid!

14. Jim=D

Jim=D Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Studying Teaching
    Australia
    This is not a conventional Mario game and should not be compared against in that sense. The game is a lot of fun and does have a Mario flair and feel to the game, but it is a auto runner, i love the competitive nature of the game with toad rally and collecting the hard to get coins in tour mode. Its simple, yet elegant gameplay keeps me coming back to play.I think is the best entry for Mario on the mobile and may or may not lead to more full fledged Mario games in the future. The paywall is acceptable for the Nintendo Brand, games cost money to make whether on mobile or on the Gameboy/DS, i thought after playing SMR that $10 was acceptable and hopes for more intriguing games like this from Nintendo. Thats my two cents :)

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, you saved me the time.

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't understand.

I've been playing Mario since it was in the arcade where I had to spend quarters to play the game. Then you had to buy cartridges to play the game on my NES, the Gameboy, the SNES etc etc. I don't ever remember getting a Mario game for free. Not ever. If so can you please tell me what I missed? I've gladly paid for every iteration of Mario including Super Mario Run. It is NOT like watching a YouTube video. You have to actually touch the screen and play. If you don't you'll die and fail. I don't understand how anyone can say this doesn't feel like a Mario game when there's everything about Mario in this game. There is platforming. There is gimbal squashing. There is Princess saving. There ship running. There is bullet dodging. All the Mario enemies are there. There are so many Mario things in this game. I absolutely get nostalgic playing this game. The sounds and music are also very Mario. That classic game over sound is even there.

I'm not disappointed at all. I'm completely happy. I do think they need to end the rally tickets once you beat the game as a reward and they need to add more tour levels down the road. But the amount of depth in this game with what there is to unlock is more than worth it's price. I think we got off cheap. As to the online only unfortunately security reasons cause that. Even PC games are doing it. I wish they could find a better way so we could play offline. But for myself I don't mind at all. There's wifi and I have LTE even in the mountains and the game uses very little data. It's really nothing to get worked up about.

I want to see this game do well so we see more Nintendo IP on IOS.

Btw I mean no offense. I just strongly disagree with your position hehe.

Billy

17. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Does anyone know why I still can't buy the second rainbow thing?

I play this nonstop lol

Attached Files:

18. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Scroll down to see what other color toads are required. You need a set amount of every color.

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Well said!

If people want to be disappointed about the online requirement, fine .... But to be disappointed/annoyed that you have to pay is ridiculous. I think that it was generous of them to let people play the first three levels for free as a trial. I don't know in what bizarre universe that a Mario game, made by Nintendo should be free.

Can't wait to unlock Luigi.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    You speak like full Mario games were given away free on the Gameboy Advance. The online and play style is different with Mario run yes, but people always had to pay for all all the worlds.