Universal Super Mario Run (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #21 LordShad0wz, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    I have to say I'm really liking it so far. It's got cloud saves. One time purchase as promised. I made the purchase. There was no issues I received the rally tickets and coins and all levels unlocked. I made a new Nintendo account because for the life of me I can't remember my 3ds account info and I don't have a charger anymore. Lol

The graphics seem really crisp. Music and sounds are great. The gameplay is fantastic using one finger. I really love the blocks that stop you and let you choose a path. I tried one toad rally game. It was fun. I got me some toad slaves. I used some coins to buy some chains for them so they can build my toad castle and all that.

Really this is what I hoped for so far. No lag. No connection issues. No crashes. I'm even using iOS 9.3.5 on my iPhone 6.

Really well done Nintendo. Money well spent.

Billy

2. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Crashing every time I open Super Mario Run

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

It's there, downloaded from US Store

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Code:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/super-mario-run/id1145275343?mt=8

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Ugh. It is forced to run only a certain way. Doesn't rotate if I turn my device so that the power cable is at the top. Basically doesn't flip the display.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    JP,

It did that to me as well. When I tapped on it nothing would happen even when I closed the AppStore and reloaded it. I had to completely restart my phone and then when I went into the AppStore the get button appeared. I'm in New York and I'm playing.

Billy

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thank you! All of a sudden showed up.

Can't wait.

8. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    #28 Den Den, Dec 15, 2016
    Doesn't work on my jailbroken iPad Mini 2, crashes when I launch the app. Lame Nintendo, lame.

Edit: Nevermind, found a tweak that bypasses the jailbreak detection.

9. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    R.I.P. All of the other fantastic games that came out this week

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Their is an add me thread for add me.

11. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game use Game Center?

12. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Alright, Nintendo + iPhone is a match made in heaven

This is tons of fun and I've just been replaying the first level. I didn't realize there were multiple layouts of coins to collect - it will be great to master each level. Haven't even touched the building mechanics or Toad Rally yet.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've out my code on the add me thread.

Both myself and my Daughter are enjoying it.

Working kike a charm on my first gen mini and my Daughters iPad 2. I've had a couple of network connection lost issues but I expected that to be honest.

I know a lot of people were upset about not being able to share via the family thing, in ever bothered with that as the inky person I would add is my Daughter and she's always just used my account any way so It's only cost me once for the game for the both of us. It's something those who were angry about the family share thing can do. Sign into the paying account on their kids devices, download the game and restore purchase.

14. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #34 bossjaja, Dec 15, 2016
    Very impressed so far, here's what I like:

-Graphics are great, I think this is the best that a handheld Mario game has ever looked thanks to the iPhone's display VS the 3DS, which is rather lacking.

-Gameplay is smooth and fun. If you make a mistake, it feels like it's your fault, not due to bad controls, faulty level design, etc.

-NO CURRENCY IAP. I don't know how or why Nintendo decided to not do IAP, but they absolutely made a great choice.

-Items are fairly easy to get. You can get upwards of 200-300 coins if you do well on a level, Toad Rally passes are basically thrown in your face, & the different colored toads are won through skill, not luck. By the way, I really like how you have to bet your own toads in the toad rally, it basically means you have to stay with people at your skill level unless you want to lose them all by going up against someone who's obviously more experienced (Not that it happened to me or anything :D)

-There's a ton of content (6 worlds, 120 pink coins, 120 purple coins, 120 black coins, 5 rainbow bridges, kingdom builder, toad rally, enemy kill missions, coin prizes, 5 unlockable characters etc).

-Online integration is excellent, it's very un-Nintendo to have the online component work so well :p I'm betting we'll be able to earn better rewards of some kind from SMR eventually as well. Maybe 10,000 coins gets you a free Switch? ;)

As for the price, I don't know how anyone could say it's not worth $10. If you just don't like auto-runners or Mario, then yeah, it's probably not for you. But if you do like them, $10 is a steal. Would you rather have two Starbucks iced lattes or get Super Mario Run? Nah man, the lattes will do nothing for your figure.

If this is what Nintendo's first try at a mobile game looks like, then I can't wait for the next ones. Super Fire Emblem Run when?

By the way, I already added a bunch of you, but if I missed anyone, please feel free to add me: 5295-1072-5185 (Username is Red)

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You should see some of these people on twitter. "I was so happy playing it until it asked me to pay for the rest? no thanks deleted."

17. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Totally agree with everything you said. This game is flipping top notch. Been playing around for about 1,5 hours and got all color stars on lvl 1-1 to 1-3, won 4/5 toad rally's and bought some decorations for my kingdom. Didn't think this game would have the kind of depth it has. A totally blast man. Best $10 I've spent in a while :)

Edit: I added you :)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    That's the mobile culture now.

I want it free and I want it NOW!!!

Lol

Billy

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I have to wait two more hours before I can play it :(

20. smeltn

smeltn Member

Jul 11, 2012
    IT Manager
    Alabama
    Question. My wife, my 2 kids and myself all use the same itunes account, so if I pay the $9.99 will it unlock all content for everyone or JUST for me? Like do you have a seperate login once in game that your purchase is tied to different than your apple id?