Universal Super Happy Fun Block (by Molten Tomato)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Molten Tomato, Sep 15, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Just picked it up. I kept forgetting about this one.

2. gamercomposer

gamercomposer New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Video Game Composer/Sound Designer
    Los Angeles
    Super Happy Fun Block OST Feedback

Hey Everyone,

I am the composer and the other sound designer for Super Happy Fun Block! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the soundtrack. You can listen/purchase it here.

https://chasebethea.bandcamp.com/album/super-happy-fun-block-original-soundtrack

You can also get it on iTunes,Google Play, Amazon, & Loudr.fm

Thank you so much and I hope everyone is still enjoying the game!:p

3. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    #43 lena, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    I almost finished the game and loved just about everything about it. Never really felt that I fudged my way through, as the TA review said, often a level part felt impossible to finish, but then when I got the star it felt like the logical solution. Only level I did not like was the final star of laboratory-6. I don't like the controls for action platforming (they're great for the other levels), and when I inevitably mess up it takes too long before I can try again. But otherwise, really great game, and highly recommended for puzzle platform fans. Difficulty felt perfect to me too, it was often challenging, but never impossible.

4. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Just finished the game with still 2 achievements locked. A charming puzzler! I really like the secret levels and the secret paths to them! Hope to see more!

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Anyone know what this solid door is that you're supposed to try and run through for the achievement? Also, is the hidden village achievement unlockable even at the point where I am with the game finished? I'm feeling like I've missed it after the various changes to the village, because there doesn't seem to be anything I can do, even with the 1 block.

6. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #46 Makoto, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Hi Matt, happy to see you here! It looks like we have the exactly same problemsÂ…

EDIT: oh, and have you tried Tetrobot and co. ? That one is fantastic as a puzzler, too, and it's on sale now

7. Molten Tomato

Molten Tomato Active Member

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    Hey Matt33 and Makoto!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The "door" achievement apparently broke in an update :( a very big update is underway for the game, I'll make sure to fix this as part of it. What should happen is this: running into any of the closed sliding doors that usually block your path for a few seconds should trigger an animation where Ball starts pounding on the door. This is meant to be just a cute interaction and give you an achievement.

I believe the village achievement you are talking about is "Social Butterfly" which you get for talking to villagers some number of times (and actually clicking through their dialog). I'm unsure if this can be achieved once the game has been beaten, or if they don't say enough at this point to unlock the achievement. I will make sure that this is also fixed as part of the update.

I'm sorry that you aren't able to unlock these achievements, but I hope knowing that they aren't actually interesting puzzles/secrets is somewhat relieving. On a related note, the new update WILL have some fun hidden secrets when it's done.

8. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Oh, thanks for the reply, and Super Happy to know that there is more Fun coming!
    I did get "Social Butterfly" though, what I missed is the third achievement, the one next to "Extra Extra". Maybe I missed something else.

9. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    #49 Molten Tomato, Dec 23, 2015
    Oh!
    It looks like you are talking about the "moon hunter" achievement, which should unlock when you've collected all 7 moon pieces. Perhaps this broke somehow as well? I will look into it.

10. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #50 Makoto, Dec 23, 2015
    Oh, thank you! Yes, I think I've got all of them. And your spoilers somehow didn't get covered ;)

11. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    Whoops, messed up the tag. Anyway, the achievement must be broken, but you've achieved it!

12. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #52 Matt33, Dec 23, 2015
    Always nice to see quick replies after asking for help.

Hey! Yeah, Tetrobot was one of the games I recently bought along with this one. Never heard of it before but checked out gameplay footage and it looked great (same as this game!). I'll get around to playing it soon :)

Thanks for keeping tabs on the thread and looking into the achievements, I'm in the same boat as Makoto and have also finished the requirements for the hidden one. Just glad I'm not missing anything and didn't need help after all. Level 6 of those gave me the most trouble in the game, and the solution was
    staring me in the face the whole time!

Lovely game by the way, I really enjoyed the humor throughout, and the puzzles were wonderful. The hardest achievement for me was probably the humanitarian haha. Forcing myself to sit through my star buddy's unwavering faith in me was both funny and agonizing, I was guilt tripping hard. And your ability to make me feel something like that in a mobile puzzle platformer is pretty special. And then possibly a Gob reference to cap it off? Amazing.

13. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    No problem! I subscribed to this thread to keep tabs on it, but once in a while a notification slips by me.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game so much, and yes - it is an Arrested Development reference!

14. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    Can someone give me a hint for moon 6? It's the only level I've got left. Been at it for quite a while. Thanks.

15. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    Never mind on this. I was too stuck on trying to get in from the left side...

16. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    Glad you got it! I was trying to figure out some good hints to give.

17. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    Big Update news!

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been hard at work on a big overhaul of the game engine and art. I'm working towards unveiling a brand new puzzle mechanics, but it's not quite ready for the limelight yet. I am ready to start showing some other improvements I've been working on, and will start posting updates here once a week showing something new off!

This week: The improved color change effect!
    [​IMG]

18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    amazing man. waiting for this update like forever!

19. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
  20. Molten Tomato

Aug 6, 2015
    California
    As promised, here's another post:

The update will include some new story elements, as well as polish on the old! Here's the new speech bubbles, which are dynamic and allow for highlighting of important text:
    [​IMG]