Universal Super Glyph Quest - (by Alexander Trowers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

That will be our Hatoful Boyfriend collaboration.

[​IMG]

2. Bulk Paint

Okay. That's... big. Very big. Unsettling, in fact.

3. blastemup

blastemup Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Stuck!

I'm enjoying the game, but I seem to be stuck-not being able to play levels over again-i can't raise any money to continue playing-the last couple of tries on quests I was defeated-used up all health/potions,etc.-now there are no quests that I can beat and no way to earn money or level up. Any tips on how to get past this?

4. Bulk Paint

Have you checked the Inn recently? There you will find Great Traveller Mike who will tell you about Adventures. Adventures are like Quests only they are repeatable, so you can farm them for XP and cash as much as you like. They also have an increased drop rate for Materials, which should make saving up for that neat staff or comfy new robes a bit easier.

5. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Question, so I unlocked the combo where u can put 2 different elements into a spell... The characters made very light of it and no tutorial or anything but I don't think it works for me... I still get null spells and after looking through all the spells. I'm still missing ALOT. I guess more and more will available the more you play? I'm at the part where I helped the boatman fix the rudder so I can get that weird book name back.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    2nded.
    Incredibly useful information. Congratulations again on the game! Hopefully it'll get all the attention it deserves (looking in your direction, Touch Arcade front page review/game of the week feature).

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    10/10

Would buy. And date.

Btw I love the humor in the game but the pigeon wars tops all. That threw me off guard so much that I don't even care about the wicked witch anymore. She's not as important as stopping evil pigeon dominion.

8. Bulk Paint

Combos are ABAB - that is four glyphs of alternating elements. So Fire Air Fire Air, for example. Combos are also very fickle with things like Aftertouch so when you get 5 glyph spells, any additional glyphs you add on the end cannot be either the same as either of the elements used or the opposite of the elements used.

But you can increase your Chain by following the spell up with another spell containing either of the elements used in the Combo. Which is nice.

9. kevin8977

kevin8977 Active Member

Apr 4, 2014
    #109 kevin8977, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    I'm level 13 now and its extreme. I'd hate to say this but I want an IAP for more money. At the rate I keep losing and using potions I'm gonna be broke.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    What exactly does Backfire protection do? I got one in a battle then used ti by accident. I'm guessing it's a free revive? I really wish the item screen when you tap led to a confirm screen with a description. I actually had to go to the store shop to memorize all the items descriptions since you can't tell what they are otherwise.

11. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Ok I can only use 4 glyphs right now. I expect to unlock a 5th in my chain soon

12. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #112 Retro Nug, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    I just decided to buy this amd try it out since everyone else seems to recommend it. Unfortunately it freezes EVERYTIME I start the game and Gamecenter kicks in. Every damn time and I have yet to make it past the Start screen! Any suggestions? I already tried uninstalling/redownloading 4 times to no avail. I'd really like to play and not feel like I just wasted a couple bucks!

EDIT: I just noticed that someone else posted about this same problem. Having to turn GC on/off is a pain but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. Just hope ot gets fixed soon! Ahem..dev :p

13. Bulk Paint

You're not the first person to say this. It's something we're considering - strictly opt-in, of course. It will be completely possible to play through the entire game without spending any more money, but some people struggle or don't have the time to put in the work.

It might be something we put in to an update - possibly with the expansion that we intend to release in the New Year.

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    #114 imdakine1, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    @bulkpaint I'm not able to restore or redownload the Mage from the original glyph. I get errors on both attempts.

When trying to restore it set Apple ID or password not found... After talking to the man I choose to buy the Mage and it says purchase fail.

15. Bulk Paint

On it - I think it needs a re-compile after the shift to iOS 8. It's going to take a while to get the update through though. Bear with us.

In the meantime, why not try Super instead? :)

16. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Don't make the game easier (or make it optional). The satisfaction that you get when you try and try again and then finally beat that one boss or level that has been eluding you...is priceless.

17. Bulk Paint

Okay folks - v1.02 is awaiting review. It fixes a Bunch o' Stuff.

Like it should work on iOS 6 now.
    The sounds of you selecting glyphs should no longer play if you've turned sound off.
    Plus a few other bug fixes relating to the Hatoful story arc and Barry's Mead.
    Also, more screenshots, as that's a thing.

Of course that last one shouldn't bother you at all because you've all bought it already, right?

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    There's more to the pigeon story then just battling? There's more loving??? What? ?? I'm still trying to defeat my bropigeon's arch-nemesis.

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I definitely am going to try super but really enjoyed the original and want to finish it first. I almost view the original as training for super.

QUOTE=Bulk Paint;3383339]On it - I think it needs a re-compile after the shift to iOS 8. It's going to take a while to get the update through though. Bear with us.

In the meantime, why not try Super instead? :)[/QUOTE]

20. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Why thank you, George!