Universal Super Glyph Quest - (by Alexander Trowers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I remember giving the first game a try, but it didn't really stick with me. This game is so much better. It works just as well on the phone as it does on an ipad. The music is cool. The art style is interesting. I just got new prescription lenses so everything looks great.

2. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

I'm so glad it doesn't look like it's my fault...

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Pretty good so far. Its like the first game but bigger. Only thing that bothers me (same as the first one) is the lack of gravity. Instead of falling down glyphs just flip randomly. Makes planning ahead pretty impossible.

4. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Like some others here, I'm also having no luck whatsoever with playing the game when signed into Game Centre. Regardless of iOS device the game freezes at the loading screen and the Game Centre banner appears at the top. Leaving the game will ultimately (after about 30 seconds) result in it crashing and going back to the home screen.

Turning GC off will negate these problems and allow the game to be played as normal. But, it's rather a pain in the a__ to have to turn off/on GC when playing the various games.

So. Who else is having this problem, and can we have the developer have a look at this problem. It's a game breaker. Paid for it, but can do nothing but delete it.

Really a shame.

5. Bulk Paint

When the glyphs flip, at least one of them will change in to one of its neighbours that weren't part of the spell. You can use this to try and steer the board towards a particular element, although there are still no guarantees.

6. Bulk Paint

I'll happily look into it, although I'm just a bit concerned that all I'm doing is the prescribed method of handling Game Center sign-ins, so I'm not sure how else to approach it.

7. ataloss

That's great to know, and many thanks of course. With GC off, it runs as smooth as butter and no problems at all. I've tried this on an iPad Air, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+... all with the same results. Can't really give more information than this.

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    How about what version of iOS those devices are on? If they are all 8.1 then that would mean maybe its an 8.1 issue.

9. ataloss

All either 7.1.1 or 7.1.2.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I really think it is a direct GC issue with many friends as that is where it dies and if logged out of GC the game runs fine.

Since not all of my GC games don't lockup at startup, even those using Unity, I assume there is something, you as the dev could do to get around this and not simply write it off as a GC issue out of your hands.

Does this game eventually unlock a highscore mode like there was in the original?

11. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Will SuperGlyphQuest be making an appearance on Android in the future? I bought it for my iPad today and absolutely love it, then checked the Play store on my Android phone (so I could play a second game on the go) and only saw the original game.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #92 nightc1, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Another issue with GC beyond the friend limit deal, is maybe the issue could be tied to Jailbreaking? I don't have any devices jail broken so I don't know but that can make a difference between everything working and breaking.

Anyway, I tried playing more of the first game. I got about 7 missions or so deep into it and it's not something I'm enjoying. It seems mega high quality goodness but not as much fun as other match-3 hybrids I've played. I went ahead and deleted it. I can't really say anything bad about the game. Definitely give the first one a try if you are on the fence for the new one.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm a big fan of the original... Definitely going to buy this tomorrow! My concern is that I am unable to restore my Mage purchase on my new iPhone 6. The original game freezes on the restore page using my iPhone 6 and I need to back out of the game after trying to restore my purchase as it freezes on the page.

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Has anyone played Glyph Quest on an iPhone 6? I bought the Mage a long time ago so I could go beyond level 5. However on my new iPhone 6 I am unable to restore my purchase or even buy it again. Everyone I try the system refuses my iTunes password and account... Or when trying to restore it refuses to let me restore it.

Please advise. I will buy Super Glyph Quest but want to solve this issue first!

15. morganj

morganj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Huge fan of the original, and the sequel just improves everything across the board. Love the little bits of game/geek humour in the writing (sheep for wood a la Catan and so on) and the art is lovely.

All the extra elements really do a great job of giving me things to do - I'm not sure I completely understand how it all goes together, but it's a blast so far.

16. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    challenge accepted. :)

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Pigeon wars from an alternate dimension. I dig it.

18. Bulk Paint

Oh, I'm not writing it off - I just may need to call in some backup to work out what the hell is going on with it as I'm convinced I'm doing everything right.

Challenge Mode is unlocked after the... well... big event happens quite early in the game. After you've been to the Dragon Shrine, you should see it.

19. Bulk Paint

Yes it will, but not for a couple of months. Still things to sort out with this version first.

20. Bulk Paint

This is a recent thing. I think I need to re-compile it with the latest version of Unity to make sure it runs under iOS 8.

It's worth noting that the Restore bit never really worked properly but speaking to the guy in the booth did. Bear in mind that, even though it looks like it does, it won't charge you twice for a non-consumable IAP so you can buy the Mage License as many times as you want on the same account for a single payment.