Universal Super Glyph Quest - (by Alexander Trowers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 22, 2014.

1. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Oh ok cool. Not a huge deal but I didn't know if I was just being stupid and missing something. Thanks!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey Bulk Paint, thanks for your response.

Just curious if you know why loading the menus in the lodge are so slow? For instance I have to wait about 2-3 seconds to see the glyph page or the enemy page. Was that intentional?

3. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

It most certainly was not. I'll put that down to the sheer amount of cool, high-resolution sprites is has to load as there are soooo many monsters and spells.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    lol okay gotcha. Since it doesn't really affect gameplay I'll just settle with that explanation. Though the loading times makes me not want to go visit them so often.

And another question, if you stack perks that are loot perks, does that increase frequency? I noticed the cards always say the same thing. Maybe in an update you should put small text below that says something like "for each perk card, loot rate increase 1.2%" or something. I'm a bit confused every time I see repeat cards.

5. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Yes you are biased, yes I caved in and bought the 1st one.

6. Bulk Paint

Some perks stack. Don't worry though - the game will only offer you repeats of the ones that do. The stackable ones can have up to 3 levels, which corresponds to the number of icons on the card. You can see your current perk levels by swiping through the Upgrades screen in the Inn.

7. lot49a

lot49a New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    I am at character creation feeling confused about the different between a Mage and a Druid. Is it cosmetic? Are there gameplay differences?

8. Bulk Paint

Mages are straight out of the original - they have access to Light and Dark glyphs. Druids are new - instead of Light and Dark they have Primal and Metal.

But don't worry - you'll be able to buy the missing glyphs later in the game, giving you access to all eight at once.

9. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Didn't know it was on sale, purchasing the first one tonight.

10. Bulk Paint

Excellent work. Second one is much better. Just sayin' :)

11. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Get the newest, latest, superest one! It really is bigger and better in every way. Plus, you'll be supporting awesome independent developers during the game's crucial initial release.

Has anyone been able to leave a review on the App Store? I'm still getting the message that I must first purchase or download the game before rating it. Weird.

Glyph on.

13. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Great game. My kind of game and nice and premium :)

14. Bulk Paint

There are weapons and robes for all elements, although some only appear a bit later on. Don't forget that it doesn't matter if you don't have access to the element - some of the monsters will and you could use a bit of protection from that.

15. Bulk Paint

Some reviews have started to appear. Maybe give it another go? Assuming, of course, that you're going to say nice things ;)

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Meh. Not enough birds and explosions. ;)

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I personally can't even get it to run on either of my devices (iPhone 5 and iPad Air). On both it would appear it is crashing right as the game logs me into Game Center, like it can't handle my 500 friends, but then again it could be issues with iOS 8.1 (non-jailbroken).

Sure hope dev can resolve this as I was a fan of the original which ran fine on my devices.

18. Bulk Paint

Hmm. (Which, TBH, is how I begin all of these 'It doesn't work on my machine' responses)

We've had it tested on iPhone 5, iPad Air and iOS 8.1 and it was all fine. I can't see why Game Center would fall over at 500 friends, but we don't know anyone that popular, so I guess it could be an issue. No idea how we would fix that though. Maybe insult some of them so they unfriend you?

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I actually had that problem a year or two ago with GC friends. It took ages to load and made games crash. I went through and deleted a ton of people, now I'm down to around 160 friends and I'm very selective about who I approve (basically, if I recognize them from TA or from games I play).

I'm not POSITIVE that having max friends was the cause of the issue, but life has been much more pleasant since trimming my friend list down.

20. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Same here. But don't unfriend me, Gek, or you=weak.