Universal Super Dangerous Dungeons (by Jussi Simpanen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    So i've got to the end of the levels.... there's a big door and some podiums with treasure missing, so I guess I have to find that? how? Do the time trials?

2. BFG1992

BFG1992 New Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ukraine
    Dear developer,
    WHY U NO ANDROID?

Please, I liked Tiny Dangerous Dungeons so hard that I would love to play any new Dangerous Dungeons game, even without metroidvania elements! I was super excited when I saw that such new game came out, but then I saw it is iOS-only... :(
    Do you have plans on Android release? If so, can we know how soon it will be?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdventIslands/status/668099807030964224

4. BFG1992

BFG1992 New Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ukraine
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, that's resulted in us gaining a new member on the forums...so no harm done. ;)

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, i've just finished it... the last level is really hard, like old days platforms, reminds me Ghosts n' Goblins & Ghouls n' Ghosts high toughness... TERRIFIC!

7. AdventureIslands

AdventureIslands Well-Known Member

I've submitted version 1.1 for Apple's review and it should be available in a week or so. It will include following:

-Player now has more friction on ground, and releasing movement buttons in air now rapidly slows down your speed, allowing more precise landing.
    -Fixed a bug where new record didn't replace the old one at the end of Time Trial mode for entire game.
    -Ads should no longer crash the game on iPhone 4
    -Small adjustments and fixes.

8. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Any chance of more levels being added to this at all? I've finished both this game and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons, and any new content would be awesome for both games...

9. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Much like Tiny Dangerous Dungeons I'm loving this too. Cool they made it free. But of course I'm happy to have the Ad-Removal IAP.

10. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    There are hints on the wall leading up to that last door. Those pictures might look like familiar levels.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    This received 4* but Baseball Apocolypse received 3.5* from TA. As we talked in another thread about bs rating and how they are not to be followed or trusted. Well, prime eg. How a stellar game such as dungeons only warrants .5* more than that broken and lame fail b-ball game has to make u wonder. Playing favorites on who the dev is or promtioned to give skewed reviews. Your guess, good as mine. Just more actual proof that reviews are adulterated in some sad way and are no true measure of a games true quality. I'll strictly stick to my most trusted peeps' imps. Ssssssssss, LAME. Disclaimer, just one man's opinion. Peace in the Middle East yo!

12. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #72 sobriquet, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Those two reviews are written by different people so I'm missing the point of your argument. To get any real value out of any review of anything, you have to compare your own thoughts about the subject being reviewed to those of the person doing the review. When you find a reviewer who's opinions are similar to yours it is then and only then that you will be able to use their reviews to see if you might like something.

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Regardless, a good game is a good game, period. Consensus rules and who is the reviewer is of no consequence and should be subjective and quality of content based. No? Yes.

14. PexinhoBR GD

PexinhoBR GD Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Yeepee im on the final boss!!!

15. MoonHouseGames

Nov 25, 2015
  16. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Thought game was excellent. Have all the achievements EXCEPT (and I won't be going for it!) the "finish entire game in trial mode with under 10 lives lost"

that's nuts!

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=276202][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275750][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275798][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275811][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275809][​IMG][/thread]

Super Dangerous Dungeons

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Nov 19, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

18. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Really enjoying this game, great work by the developer. I got it today and almost immediately bought the IAP because I could see that it was well worth it. I think the standard controls are good enough for the standard levels, but their limitations became a bit too much of an obstacle for me in the last two secret levels. I've spent more time on those alone than the rest of the game. Maybe I can beat the last one after the update!

19. AdventureIslands

AdventureIslands Well-Known Member

#79 AdventureIslands, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Hey folks! I just published update 1.1, so keep an eye on App Store! The update features following:

-Player now has more friction on ground, and releasing movement buttons in air now rapidly slows down your speed, allowing more precise landing and movement.
    -Fixed a bug where new record didn't replace the old one at the end of Time Trial mode for entire game.
    -Ads should no longer crash the game on iPhone 4
    -Small adjustments and fixes.

Get it now:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-dangerous-dungeons/id1006111149?mt=8

20. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The improved controls does make the platforming a bit tighter, and I was able to beat it tonight. I definitely recommend this game to anyone looking for a platformer fix.