Super Crate Box vs. Muffin Knight

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Jan 6, 2012.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Super Crate Box

55.6%
  2. Muffin Knight

29.8%
  3. Both are equal

11.3%
  4. Both of them stink

3.3%
  1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Bloo Kid had poor controls, I think it was updated, but never got it again.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Does Bloo Kid support the iCade?

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I loved Muffin Knight with its upgradable characters, perks, larger number of environments, etc. That said I also consider SCB to be a fantastic game itself. It's faster and frantic and somehow a bit more addictive than MK because of it.

BUT I agree with EfratBarTal, they completely screwed up MK in the past few updates. And it is now unplayable (probably more so because I have a 2G). Developer says they're working on optimization, but as of now, I actually deleted it off my device.

If we were comparing a working MK with SCB, I'd give them each a nod. They're not "equal" because even though MK was inspired by SCB, they're so different IMO, I can't say I favor one over the other. MK expanded upon the SCB and they did a great job with it (until recent updates killed it). SCB, however, is so much fun, it's hard to get away from it.

4. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    #84 Synthesyze, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    Slide to Play posted a negative review for SCB.

I posted an opposing response. Sorry for all the Muffin Knight fans, I sort of bashed Muffin Knight a little. I'm the one with the black and white turntable as an icon.

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I read all those comments, just as dated and overblown as the old Street Fighter/ SNK Fighting games arguments back in the day.

6. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    SCB on the iphone, MK on the ipad. No particular reasons that I can verbalise, just my preference.

7. WhiteSponge

WhiteSponge Well-Known Member

definitely MK =)

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah, i also deleted MK from my device, and will reinstall once they fix the lag/framerate issues.

actually, the controls in Bloo Kid are working pretty good for me ATM.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh good to know! Well they were unresponsive when I reviewed it, so I guess they took a hint and fixed 'em.

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well mk is ok game, at least idea but who the f was thinking that adding a lot of new modes with empty stats would be that fun? some other issues are controls, the area between sets of buttons is working like one of them. but scb has also issues like with hitboxes. just it runs better than mk because of better performance. and the actually most annoying thing in MK are upgrade costs and exp needed at later levels, in order to upgrade everything one should grind really a lot or simply buy iap. and those upgrades are very important for highscores, it means iap system in mk sucks.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  12. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I actually laughed quite a bit during the podcast.

So are they the same game? "Umm...well, Super Crate Box is Super Crate Box." It's funnier in the podcast!

Most ppl don't know that MK gets easier the more you suck then everybody laughed including me.

"You'll have to make the next counter 2 billion crates." - "Well, that'll take two weeks!"

Best part: "A really good player won't get scared of the disc gun, he'll get scared of the dual pistols." Lol...so true!

Second best part: Talking about Fingle

Bogdan from Angrymob, "Puzzlejuice - doing three things at once really is too much, but it's awesome."

*Vlambeer is striking back at Ninja Fishing...Boom, can you say gonna be an amazing game!

Overall, it was a really good interview and I liked the answers from both Bogdan and Rami.

13. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's been a while since I've played Muffin Knight, so I might have to give it a try again now that it has had some updates. I actually almost avoided SCB because I had read that it was the inspiration for Muffin Knight. However, a really strong review for the game made me change my mind, and I'm glad I did. Despite basically having less of everything than Muffin Knight, there's something about SCB that to me makes it more fun. I have it installed on both my iPod Touch and iPad and I'm sure I've racked up several hours of play time on both machines by now.