GameClub Super Crate Box - (by Vlambeer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 4, 2012.

1. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I suggest that the new version of Super Crate Box 2 (may be after this!) should build like League of Evil 2...graphic upgrade!

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I want to point out the control responsiveness is close to perfect but the controls aren't perfect. I feel like I would do so much better if I could jump and shoot simultaneously at all times. Going back and forth isn't really ideal IMO. Also, do to the nature of needing virtual controls and thumbs on screen, I too miss boxes.

If I had to gripe about responsiveness, it would be that jumping could be faster.

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hmm, yeah, I suppose the icon could be fixed up a bit. :3
    I think if it was slightly larger and with a border, it would look a lot nicer.
    Anyone else agree?

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I actually like the no border. It looks cool IMO! As far as the picture, it looks fine, but yeah it is simple so it might not be flashy enough for the average iOS consumer...IDK

5. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Holy I actually just laughed out loud. People are looking at me funny.

6. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    They need to give an option to swap the position of the jump and shoot buttons. The majority of games have the jump button on the right and shoot or run on the left. This game has the opposite and it's a little disorienting, like playing with your non-dominant hand.

7. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Why wont it work on my ipod 3g. Please fix Vlambeer please! I am dissapoint son. But does anyone else hav it operating on a 3g device ?:confused:

8. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Also. I have tried deleting redownloading, rebooting, clearing apps but im outta ideas :(

9. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

We're super-sorry about that! It's a issue that only occurs with a specific combination of 3GS + iOS 4.1+. We're working RIGHT NOW to fix that.

10. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Woot we're already at 215k crates!
    Also, can someone explain the statistics section to me? Didn't play the original SCB that much so I'm at a loss to how the stat screen works.

11. Jboucher777

Jboucher777 Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Shift leader at starbucks
    Orange, CA
    just so you know its not just iphone 3gs 4.1. i have an iphone 3gs 5.0.1 and it wont run for me either!! hope for a fix soon!

12. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lol, I think it's for the 3GS and iTouch 3rd Gen as well. It doesn't open for me (iTouch 3rd gen, 32 gb). Crashes a few seconds after being opened.

13. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Thanks for responding vlambeer. Hope its fixed soon :)

14. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Yeah im not sure if its certain a ios or just 3g in general (3g 64g)

15. Houndeye

Houndeye Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Am I the only one disappointed by the fact that they used OpenFeint instead of Game Center?

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    +1

I'm loving this game to death so far, but the statistics screen is confusing me as well. I'm assuming X is most kills, N is most crates, and S and A are just 0 right now so I have no idea...

Also, please support Joypad in the future! This would be AMAZING with that.

17. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Wow, within 20 minutes, we jumped up to 255k!
    And for the stats screen, I think x stands for deaths, and the other letters stand for crates collected in each gamemode?

18. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

The short version, X is times played, N, S, A are Normal, SFMT & Ambush highscores.

19. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I thought I read this game has icade support, if it does I cannot figure out how to turn it on. Regardless, glad to see this released.

20. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Thanks!

Also, what's with the "Minutes" part? It says 750 minutes. Does it mean I've been playing 7.50 minutes? or 7:50 minutes? I don't think I've been playing for literally 750...