GameClub Super Crate Box - (by Vlambeer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Liked the game a lot.will buy it as soon as possible.

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    is anyone still playing this game? the ~126 million crates picked were not even enough to collect half of the 100 special crates. :) realistically speaking, I'd say we'll never hit that magic hundred mark. :(

3. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

So how about this: It's free today for the 2nd birthday of Super Crate Box! Let's see if we can get there :)

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #1384 TheFrost, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    Still 37 crates left.... last time I checked was 46, some ago... Collecting all will be hard... wondering if certain conditions make them appear or its completely random

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So I decided to play this again for the first time in like 6 months, and my first game back I collect a "super-rare golden crate"! I assumed this was one of the 100 "special" crates needed for the next update, but when I went back to the main menu the special crates counter didn't change. It was 27 when I launched and 27 after I found a golden crate...

Attached Files:

6. Vlambeer

#1386 Vlambeer, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    It appears someone has been tampering with the golden crate counter, causing the counter to go up infinitely (at least over 60,000 golden crates were collected in 12 minutes according to our data) To make sure the value doesn't cause the game to crash, we stopped the counter from counting up. We've got a log so we can validate the collected golden crates and we'll make sure that every legit golden crate grab will get counted.

But if you don't mind, we're going to take a quick nap first. At 4AM, the Super Crate Box birthday is kind of over here in the Netherlands. Thanks so much!

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Ah, okay. So I'm not that lucky afterall!

and Happy Birthday SCB! One of my favorite iOS games.. can't wait for more updates!

8. Philly Phanatic25

Apr 12, 2012
    So does this mean there will be an update soon? It's been months since the last one. How in the hell do you find the special crates?

I have basically given up on the game since this is the second time the devs say there will be an update once an arbitrary number is reached and once again they fail to deliver in a timely manner. You shouldn't say you are going to update an app and get everyone's hopes up by reaching X amount of whatever unless you plan to follow through. If they didn't say they were going to update the app after reaching a goal no one would have a problem since that happens with other games all the time. The point is we were deceived into thinking if we all played the game a lot there would be an update. I'm guessing we will never get an iPhone 5 update or any other kind if update for that matter. And to think I got hooked on this game the day it came out. So sad.

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    How many stages are in this game?
    I just have the first three, how do I unlock the next one, if theres a next one?

10. Vlambeer

The special crates happen infrequently, but they happen. We expected the counter to go up a bit faster than this based on the earlier rate of collection, but apparently we set the amount of crates required somewhat high. We're not going to let a hack invalidate all the good vibes finding a gold crate give to people that have found one, so we've removed the false entries. We're now 27 crates away from the target & as soon as we hit that 100 gold crate count, we'll update straight away, like promised.

11. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    Good graphics. Will definitely try it.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Played this today for the first time in a while. Forgot how much damn fun it is.

13. AppealPlay

AppealPlay Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    Does this game support the iCade 8-bitty? I think it's supposed to but I can't figure out to make it work. :(

14. Richard Ropp

Richard Ropp Member

Jan 7, 2011
    #1394 Richard Ropp, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    The gamecenter achievements page doesn't tell you how to unlock ALL the characters. Does anybody know how to unlock all 22 of them? (and what are their names, by the way?)

Attached Files:

15. corcoranm

corcoranm Member

Aug 28, 2012
    will this game ever support the iPhone 5 screen? The dead areas kill me.

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I was wondering this, too. I sincerely hope this gets updated.

17. Psychedelic-Trip

Mar 22, 2013
    #1397 Psychedelic-Trip, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Been waiting for an update that supports fifth gen, but decided to just get. Is the button closest to mi screen supposed to shot instead of jump to make it more challenging, kind makes it difficult to play.

Just figured it out...

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Does anyone else think this'll never get widescreen support?

19. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Maybe... Hell is bound to freeze over at some point, right?

20. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I hope it does becouse its unplayeble now also it keeps on pausing without me actualy pressing the pause button