GameClub Super Crate Box - (by Vlambeer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 4, 2012.

1. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Oh, I didn't see those gameplay trailer before, controls looks quite well, similar to those in Commander Pixman ;) So I think it could be played fairly easy.

Really can't wait ;]

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, the basic gameplay is very similar to Muffin Knight, which even Angry Mob acknowledges that SCB was inspiration for its game. That said Angry Mob has done a lot to distinquish itself from this.

Super Crate Box is obviously far more retro in its gameplay and it's got different weapons, etc. I've played it on PC and it's great. It will be interesting to see how it compares control wise to MK on the iOS.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks excellent. Will be getting this tonight.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Was waiting for this, even discarded Muffin Knight because of this one, hope it lives up to my expectations...

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This is the game that Muffin Knight was based from. Both are great games but this one is so incredible. Like six energy drinks at once.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I have loved Muffin Knight but haven't played in a while so decided to give it another spin today in anticipation of SCB. I noticed that, apparently with the holiday update, it now seems to be a lot laggier on my 2G.

So, that pretty much settles it that I'll be picking up this tonight. With the pixelize art style (which I like), I have a feeling this will play alot smoother.

7. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    iCade support?

8. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Yes indeed - their promo video lists iCade at the end of the video as one of the supported "platforms". My iPad and iCade have been waiting for this!

9. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Haha wtf, 99 cents? I can play it for free on my Mac already, why should I pay for this game!!!!

JUST KIDDING, I would've paid $1.99 or $2.99 for this game, it owns!

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Muffin Knight is great, but I'm going to get this too, especially giving the price tag. I'm looking forward to it!

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Definitely interested in this one, will be downloaded tonight when it hits the app store. :D

12. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    I'll probably have to keep quoting this every other page so it doesn't get lost in a hundred "I'll download this later!!!1" replies, won't I?

Anyone actually have the game yet that can post?

13. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Awesome, can't wait for it to come out in the US tonight.

14. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    haha and ive had the final build for almost a week now ;P Epic game a definite must have and easily best iOS game ever. And people just so you know vlambeer said they will update this if the global crate count reaches over 5,000,000 so everyone please help get those crates up! I'm currently enjoying that everyone else has to wait while I play the game almost as much as I enjoy the game itself ;)

Oh and BTW I hold the current all time record for the first map on normal with a score of 132 so please don't be too good at the game :)

15. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Had if for a long time and yeah it has iCade support and is universal.

16. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    I only have a itouch 4th gen so I'm not sure however I did check the leader boards and I couldn't find an icade specific one, but there maybe seperate leader boards for iPods and iPads. BTW Ive had the game for a week now and it is just as good as the pc version and you should buy it nonetheless. ;)

17. MrJR

MrJR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I stink at the PC version really bad. But I'm definitely buying this.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Eight Hours later...

[​IMG]

What the Hell is wrong with the Developer?

19. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Your kidding?? This better be out within 4hrs or ill get mad lol, thought was weird you hadnt done any gameplay vids

Maybe waiting on worldwide release?

20. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

The controls in the iOS version make it way easier to control than using the arrows and space bar on the PC.