GameClub Super Crate Box - (by Vlambeer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 4, 2012.

1. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    It's cool that Vlambeer is here and responding to complaints about the 3G crashes and such, but he hasn't said anything about the jump-shooting issue with some weapons. Please tell me you guys are going to fix that in a future update :( Holding down the flamethrower while jumping around is the best way to clear the screen in the PC version.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #202 backtothis, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    The crates collected are a worldwide count. So if you got 1000 just by yourself, 500k isn't all that impressive..

Not that any of this matters too much though.

3. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I can't wait to play this! But sadly the update probably won't be released for a few days. :( How many weapons are there though, cuz i've never played the original scb.

4. plasmakirby3

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Why not? supercratebox.com

5. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

We can't believe we missed that ourselves. We promise it'll be fixed in the 5 million crates update. Should add a few extra crates to our own highscores as well, after all.

Thanks so much everyone, for already having that counter at half a million crates within 5 hours. We didn't see that coming at all :)

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #206 jeffyg3, Jan 5, 2012
    Been playing SCB for an hour. It's really good and it's the original with retro style graphics I love, but I think Muffin Knight easily outshines this game in every way. Angry Mob did an excellent job at taking the original and improving everything about it. Muffin Knight has upgradable characters, much more fun take on weapons and better characters, nice clean graphics where it's easier to follow where you're character is at and what's going on, more refined weapons, more addicting and better gameplay, unlockable perks, and with multiplayer. I usually try to support the originals more, but Muffin Knight is one game that I think blows the original out of the water. Still though, very much enjoying Super Crate Box.

7. plasmakirby3

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Not everyone likes the fantasy theme, upgrades, perks, and 3D graphics. Out of all the things you listed, my opinion is that SCB beats Muffin Knight in everything but multiplayer, which it obviously doesn't have yet. But then again, it's just an opinion. It's impossible to say which is the "better" game, as it's all a matter of personal preference.

8. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Agreed, I prefer SCB and the multiplayer doesn't matter for me, didn't like it much.

I'd still suggest people to get both games though, as they're both fun and unique in their own way.

9. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Scb is better in short bursts, but gets old quick the longer you go.
    Meh, going back to muffin knight

10. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    So is it just at 5m crates you will update, or EVERY 5m crates you'll update? (meaning possibly many many updates... :p)

Either way I'll have to wait as I can't get this to run yet on my 3GS, happy to hear you're working on a fix though.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Man, I suck at this...! Highest number of crates i've gotten in any game so far is 11 :p

12. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Under GENERAL stats, why does it say I've played for 2861 minutes? That's 47 hours.

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I just looked and mine says 415, but I only bought the game 40 minutes ago. =/

14. Vlambeer

That was supposed to be fixed in 1.0.1, but Apple hasn't approved that update yet. The upside to that is that hopefully, we can sneak that 3rd gen/3GS problem fix in before they do!

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    That's a bug they already addressed! The first update coming soon should fix it!

16. tt4

tt4 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Loving the game at the moment!
    Just wondering - what are the chances the leader boards stay "clean"? As in the board is accurate to player scores, opposed to other games where people have unrealistic scores (not sure how, hacks possibly?)
    Vlambeer and co., awesome job, good luck with everything!!

17. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Does the 3GS bug happen on all 3GS devices with a recent (4.1 or higher) OS? I can't imagine that this game wasn't tested on 3GS at all, so that would seem strange to me, but I also haven't heard from anyone that it did work on their 3GS yet.

18. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
  19. Vlambeer

We tested on a 2nd gen device, a 3.2 3GS on which it does work & every recent model. It really just slipped through the cracks and we apologize again for the inconvenience.

We've identified the likely cause and are now arranging an iPhone 3GS with 4.1 or higher so we can confirm the issue is fixed. We hope we can squeeze the fix in with an update we already had scheduled (1.0.1) before Apple pushes that live.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #220 undeadcow, Jan 5, 2012
    Another 3GS instacrash here on iPod Touch 3G 32GB running 5.0.1, not cool... but glad to hear there will be a patch.

Send me a test build and I'll confirm tonight; hahah... :cool: Best wishes.