Universal Super Cat Tales (By FDG Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Luey88

Luey88 Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Ok, another question. Second bell for 5-2?

2. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    5-2 was a good one!
    you have to run and trample all the grey roses/flowers to unlock the 2nd bell

3. Luey88

Luey88 Member

Nov 21, 2016

Thank you so much!!:)

4. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Repost MFi Support

Hey Devs,
    Any plans to support physical game controllers. (MFi) ???

5. ashwyn7

ashwyn7 Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Wanted to just know if the Developers have any plans in the future to bring more levels to this game??

This game is very good and I am enjoying playing this game and I would love to have more levels.....#

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  7. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Awesome review! Thank you for posting squarezero ##
    I've been waiting to see what TA score is given to SCT as well.

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks for answering. I think that's unfortunate, as much of the skill in being fast enough to avoid certain enemies and timing things correctly is lost when you're invincible, making the levels much more straightforward. Too late to change now, oh well. I'll finish doing my best times without using them.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Dear Developers, you owe me some kind of hair restoration system after playing level 4-7 for about half the day and pulling my hair out along the way. Dang that was evil!!!

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    A M A Z I N G !!! I love it so much and I think I'll finally play a platformer for over a week. Great gameplay for a great game!

11. elektrisko

elektrisko Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I love this game, but the more I play I just wish there was possible to use regular controls (left right on the left side and some jump button on the right). At least as an optional. On the starting levels the control work great as they are, but on later levels where you have to have some precision, like managing small moving platforms over lava it becomes extremely frustrating because it is so easy to things by accident like double tap and then you run down in the lava.

12. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #72 Oats, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    This game needs iMessage sticker pack #

13. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    4-6. What's the trick to getting over the ledge and getting the first bell? I got the ice melting helper, but can not get Amy past the corner edge. I have tried speed running from the platform across the bubbly water and also messed around with descending in the bubbly water to get a faster speed, but nothing. I've also tried to jump to the opposite wall at the top, but that doesn't work. I can't remember the last time I slapped the face of my iPad in frustration, but it happened today watching Amy hang on the edge of that corner and scratch her way down over and over and over again. These moments of sheer frustration are why I could never give this game 5 stars.

4-8. How do you defeat the Boss? Is it by avoiding the snowballs? If so, how many of them do you have to avoid?

14. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #74 Oats, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    I just retried these levels to see where you're stuck and here is how to complete these levels:

4-6
    for the first bell don't use Amy at all; use Alex as he can climb higher that any cat. Don't forget to use the helper bird to melt the ice

4-8
    to beat this boss just avoid his snowballs until one of them hits him back and knocks him out. Or you can use the cloud helper to zap him several times, but this might take a little longer than just letting him knock himself out.

Hope this helps; and hang in there #

15. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #75 paulkane, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Thanks for those tips. 4-6 1st bell is deceiving because of what you can see just beyond the bell. It only re-enforced the idea that you should be using
    Amy
    . At least that's how I saw it when I was playing the level.

16. elektrisko

Nov 20, 2016
    I have beaten the game, but how do you unlock the last two cats?

17. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    The game wont load for me...all I get is a screen full of cat paws.
    Anyone else?

I have an iPhone 6s+

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I had that happened once after a video. Closed the app (just hit home button, not fully closed) and reopened and it was fine. I'm on 6s+ too.

Finished this morning. Only used a power up to melt ice twice when needed and used a gold cat twice when offered. Had so much fun it was a bit of a disappointment to end. Hope we see more. Thanks!

19. elektrisko

Nov 20, 2016
    I dito this! :)

20. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Totally agree about the controls. Sprinting and jumping are particularly awkward as a result of the control scheme.

Has anyone noticed serious CPU usage by this app? Phone gets hot after playing for only a few minutes.