Universal Super Cat Tales 2 (by Neutronized)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 4, 2018.

1. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    "No MFI now."

Which is a good thing, oddly. The game is built around its control system. The choreography of the levels is designed for you to jump from platforms, not just whenever you fancy. This naturally feels a bit weird for people used to traditional platform games, but I don't see how MFI would meaningfully improve this game, with the sole exception of it getting a tvOS port.

"For $5 do you get anything other than removing ads?"

The satisfaction of having supported one of the best indie developers on iOS, who spent months working on this superb platform game?

djstout likes this.
  2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #22 anthony78, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Yeah, $5 to remove only some ads is not cool. Guess I’ll just deal with them for now.

I really want to support the devs but wish they removed ads from mid-level saves or at least gave another option for revives.

raravan likes this.
  3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    +1 to this.

4. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #24 Lull4by, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Well as a MFI controller lover, I would said that it is still improve the game, actually the platform game is the best kind of games for MFI controller to handle with.

For instance, you don’t have to keep doing double tap to run, all you have to do is holding one button/trigger and now you can run at all time.

Another example, when you want to change another the cat you want immediately, just holding a button/trigger and use the analog stick to choose the cat you want, that speed is so fast and you will hardly feel any interruption.

The most important part why I like MFI controller, is because of Comfort. If you play the game for a while, some people will not felt well because touch control is not comfortable for our hands. If you use the MFI controller, you will feel more comfortable when you play the game, especially when you really want to keep playing the game for a long time like 2 hours.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I’m having to watch way to many videos to continue....for being a “premium” game.

Needs better balancing or another way to continue after paying the $5.

anthony78 and raravan like this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Judging from some back and forth posts on Twitter, Neutronized are looking to make the whole continue system fairer for premium players. Not sure what the final verdict was, but hey, at least it's something.

7. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Anyone reach the to be continued screen? It seems like the 100+ levels they boast isn’t a complete reality yet. Unless I’m missing something. Including secret levels , I’ve only encountered around 30 levels or so.

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Thanks for that. Went over to the Twitter machine to check out.

Hopefully they fix soon. Really want to dig in and enjoy the game, but having to watch videos, in a premium game, in order to continue rubs me the wrong way. In total agreement that the devs need to make money, which I’m happy to support, just hope they switch to a different system.

I guess other option is to not suck/not die so much haha.

9. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Lull4by: fair and very good points about MFi. My concern is most of the people clamouring for this with the game and its predecessor want conventional controls, and they would wreck the game. Adding a jump button, for example, makes no more sense than allowing left/right directional control in Super Mario Run.

As for the ads, it mildly annoyed me too, but I'm rather balancing that with the need for a tiny indie dev to eat. (My suggestion online has been for premium players to get one ad-free continue, if that's viable and possible. But then I suspect even that would still irk some.)

Lull4by likes this.
  10. LionForests

LionForests Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Yep, 'to be continued' for me too, only one secret level per world, so I guess more content is coming, but the game is not really informative on this front...

11. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Did either of you or anyone else go back to the Knight with the key before going straight to the current final level? I forgot to go to him before the ancient mine and I’m wondering what happens if you do. Thanks!

12. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    I did, and he wasn’t there. I think this was part of the script. I wonder if waking up the various characters throughout the levels unlocks more... I’m principally against buying more coins to find out after I paid for premium though. I also don’t want to grind.

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Oh good, glad I didn't miss out on anything. I got the flute and it hasn't revealed anything else. Just got me a bell, 50 coins, and told to let a guy go back to sleep!

I grinded to get 4500 for the flute and ice/fire items. Wasn't too bad on the ship level, I think 2-4. With the cape you can get almost 100 coins and the level is over in less than 90 seconds.

Anyone found any more than 1 lost kitten? I've got 72 bells, found 3 secret levels, but just 1/4 kittens. I'm thinking they'll show up in the to be continued levels.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    New update that adds Christmas

Super cat tales 2 vid

15. Cold Meal

Cold Meal New Member

Dec 12, 2018
    So has the dev changed the way continues are handled for premium customers yet? Not really interested in paying to remove ads only to make the game harder for myself.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Have been wondering that as well. Had been following the development and was really psyched for this game so was a huge disappointment after paying the premium IAP. Really hope he fixes this as promised.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I
    Asked on Twitter a while ago but never got a response.