Universal Super Boys - The Big Fight (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 5, 2015.

1. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    I would love to do MFi controllers and some kind of big screen port (someone mentioned tvOS) but up until recently that kind of idea never occurred to us to try - we're on a bit of borrowed time now so picking on what we can afford to do next is critical for us as a team :(

About the IAPs stuff, I think the coin rate is pretty high so its unlikely you'll need a doubler it'll just be wasted money for sure. Other characters as in-apps is alright in time, they have to fit a criteria of being special in some way.

There's a couple of missing fighters from the draft pool that will be going in sometime tomorrow they are: MacDoogle (3-star toon), Eagle (3-star tech), Stella (3-star warrior), Guardian (3-star tech), the Prophet (4 star wizard). Azuron & Mr.Host are playable but I'm deciding when to release them.

2. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    that's an interesting take on the stars, so people appreciate their value - it's currently 7 possible 2 stars and 6 possible 3 at the start, very slightly in favour of 2s

3. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The game is amazing buuuut, there's so many improvements I'd like to see, control customization, change button size and opacity, MFi support, More fluid animation, pushing up on the analog stick to jump, regardless of the issues the game is still beyond fun! And it's now found a permanent home on my phone [​IMG]

4. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Ahhh.... Prophet was the one I've been pulling for. Busted 80 gems in hopes of getting him. Never saw him come up.

It never occurred to me he wasn't in the pool. Darn.

5. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Thanks man, we're going to do what we can - I was just playing This War of Mine, recommended by a friend on Steam... very powerful stuff, made me stop and think about how fortunate I am

6. Ostermi

Ostermi Member

Apr 1, 2010
    #126 Ostermi, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    I'm stuck at level 19-4 i'm level 25 but si seems nearly impossible :(

Envy of death can spam the a+b attack and his special ... I got him but the cooldown is so long

7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    After a solid 2 days of playing, I have one request. Since there are so many characters, it would be nice if the auto-controlled hero would still get credit towards their specials when used, instead of just the character I control. That way, I won't have to go all the way back through just to use the specials enough to level them.

8. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    Envoy isn't the problem for me. Leratte is. He goes through all my attacks, and outprioritizes most of my moves.

I got him down once, but had no HP left for Messenger and Nameless.

9. Ostermi

Ostermi Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Yeah, i noticed it got priority :( and sometimes spam his special !
    The best i did was go to nameless but with 1/4 Life it's so hard :/

10. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Sorry for the irrelevant but literally every moof game is amazing !!

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    To play devil's advocate, for me anyway, getting a 3⭐️ starting out hooked me in. It made me think that longterm, I'd have a shot and that it was a character worth investing in (which it turns out she is).

12. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #132 modus_ataraxia, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Mooff, your $5 for 35 gems is misrepresented in the game. You state, 'get 35 for $5 but upon transaction with iTunes you are charging $5.99 in actuality. Not sure what's going on there. It's supposed to be a 15% savings but the extra dollar takes it right back. Prolly you don't know anything about this because ppl make mistakes with $ constantly. Lol. Anyhow the 'eh what's an extra dollar' issue needs to be addressed. Thanx. Great game.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't know if it's been brought up already in the thread, but is it actually possible to buy more than one Purple Shirted Eye Stabber? I accidentally bought him a second time and lo and behold...I have 2 now.

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Never have enough PSES's.

16. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Well, has anyone successfully passed the boss fight of the ninth stairway? The "envoy of death"? Really difficult.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    From what I understand you can have one eat the other and raise the limits. I don't understand all the aspects yet but on a page or two back when I asked about characters eating r other characters they said when you have more than one of the same it raises some caps.

Billy

18. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #138 S-Mario, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Got a little teary eyed (in a good way) when I saw you beat the game, good job sir!!

Eating
    If you eat the same fighters they'll raise their max cap by +5 (you can do that 4 times)

If you get your fighter to their first max level (e.g. 3-star duberry to level 40) you can use
    100 tickets and make them a gold boy to make them slightly buffer and visually bigger.

In-Apps display text
    I'm not super techie but from what I understand some of the numbers are being rounded down instead of up, I know the Purple Shirt is one that should be 1.99.
    Update: Ok nevermind I fixed it on server side to round up to 6, but I can't access the Purple Shirt data that one really needs a game update it looks like - the gem pricing is wrong it should be less the higher up it goes

Skills ups
    Oh ... it was intended for the AI to help skill up the specials on your side, I better check whats going on there, that's more of a bug on our side then

Review bug
    Someone else brought up that if you click OK on that silly message 'would sir care to give a fair rating' nothing happens, if you do click that it just goes away and we'll take your word for it that you'll give us a fair rating later :) (its actually supposed to go to that ratings page on the appstore)

OK, we'll be assembling stuff and uploading the next build pretty soon to address quite a lot of things all of you guys raised - more feedback always welcome!

...I feel like I should have started a thread here a while back to get more feedback, in fact I think that's what's going to happen for the next game 'Space Time™' if anyone likes Freelancer, Lego and crashing into planets you might be interested later.

19. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Awesome, thanks for the heads-up on all the fixes/optimizations! I should've posted this earlier, but I was curious if you could add a way to when we're on the hero page (where the skills are increased etc), to be able to see a "+x value" for the items added to buff the associated stat(s). I know I can just go to the items page and see it, but it would be cool to see my STR stat at 5 "+3" for the item(s) equipped that are buffing that stat.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    He is beatable. I initially beat him with Buffy (who's main attack has some good reach, so I could avoid a lot of close combat/getting my butt kicked moments). I just beat him again with Abigail on my team. His spinning punch is a quick recharge and he can do it on the ground or in the air. Generally speaking, ranged attack players or up close players with a move that gives invincibility (like Abigail's spinning punch) should work well.