Universal Super Boys - The Big Fight (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 5, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yes. I'm playing back and forth between my iPhone and ipad.

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Great game. The announcer who says all the player names sounds an awful lot like the dude who does the voice for Rick out of Rick & Morty.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #103 chief78, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    I've spent about 100k on the 3k hero draw and gotten a ton of the same characters over and over. All I want is Old Ben darn it! :) I wonder what the drop rates are for certain characters. Also, wondering if the drops cycle for a certain period of time, because the most common characters I've gotten by a longshot is Shishima. Followed by Big Berfa, then Pauline, then Benny and a few Contestant's as well.

4. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #104 modus_ataraxia, Nov 8, 2015
    Floor 13, Stage 4. Bit OP, this one. Same strategy eventually worked. Sit in corner and hack away. Had to. Too many dudes against a single 2* was rough.

Still having a blast, though. :)

5. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #105 [email protected], Nov 8, 2015
    @ chief78 - the 3k draft is all 1-2 star characters with a few 3 stars, and the premium draft is 3-4 stars with just a few of the better 2 star characters. I now realise that the wording lead ppl to assume that all 3 stars were included in the 3k draft which is not the case, we may think about how to make that better. Possibly removing 2 stars from the premium draft.

@ modus_ataraxia - That stage is too hard and needs nerfing. Warriors and Undead would indeed get you a stat advantage against them but its just that the AI stats are too buff for that stage. How many stars is your team? I just tried that stage using Abigail and it took a few tries, teaming him with clementine, sally or long range characters help. Abigail spinning arms work well from mid range, and from a distance the chuck rock or jump attack into a grab.

edit - After playing many rounds of that fight I only beat it twice so its crazy hard. We have nerfed and corrected the AI damage and hp.

6. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ok thx for the clarification. I noticed on my last premium pull I saw Ben but didn't notice him in the 1-2⭐️ pull so i figured he isn't there. Got to play some Who's next and it seems to be better now. I still get wrecked on every now and then, but having much better luck (i suppose it could be my two 3⭐️ heroes that are around lvl 20 and stat'd up a bit + the 1⭐️ I've got). FINALLY beat the tech stage with a bit of luck and using Bishop's special (the CPU guy that explodes), so moving on up now :) Played this all day...what a day :)

7. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    OK, from now on the Premier Draft (10 gems) will only give 3-4 stars.

So now the 2 stars aren't holding back the Bearwolf from your team pool

8. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    What in the world is causing this framing issue that acts like an invisible wall? I'm on 15-3...and I swear after the first 15 seconds, I literally can't get out of range of the enemy boss. Just can't do it. I'm stuck in a box roughly twice his width. I've replayed it 5 or 6 times now. I can recreate it just by walking into a corner with him.

9. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    My team was Abigail and Nameless. I was doing everything I could to get an advatage. I ended up slashing away in a corner to eventually win. Same thing with 13-4, using Sabrewuuf.

Now I'm on 18-1, and Mister Host is brutalizing me. Best I can do at level 22 with charatcers in the mid-30's is about 20% of his health bar.

10. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    The tower is bugged out from another issue, working on it... some of the stages aren't in order you shouldnt see Eagle on stage 1 or mr.host on 18-1 :(

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Jeez, no one could've pointed me this direction earlier? Been a Mooff guy since day one and wouldn't have even known this was out if it wasn't for the upcoming Dungeon Time thread.

12. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #112 [email protected], Nov 8, 2015
    Jonathan is on the case to help fix the stages from the server now. Romario is replaced by Simon the dog, and Eagle on 1st stage!! Many noobs will die on 1st stage, my prayers go out to them -__-

Edit - OK the stage misplacement bugs are fixed, and also the Hulk and Bearman stage has been modified to be easier. Do let us know any other stages that are crazy hard, the stage 7:1 which requires a tech captain is also too hard. forgot to correct that, will do tomorrow at work.

13. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #113 S-Mario, Nov 8, 2015
    I have a question about the beginner draft for anyone who wants to chip in.

There's currently a pool of fighters that we thought fit well for new players, they are:

Jennifer (2-star tech)
    Simon (2-star toon)
    Pauline (2-star warrior)
    Clementine (2-star wizard)
    Hanger (new entry, 2-star tech)
    Duberry (3-star warrior)
    Julius (3-star warrior)
    Frank (3-star warrior)
    Bishop (3-star tech)
    Alyssa (3-star wizard)
    Bvulcrux (2-star undead)
    Berfa (2-star toon)
    Abigail (3-star warrior)

I've swapped Buffy for Hanger in the pool and evened out the chance to draft any one of these guys to equal amounts.

So my question is who would you prefer to start the game as out of the 2-3 star pool? Do you care if it's a male or female character?

Is there any character who's too weak or too strong from a player balance perspective. Does Benny disappoint you when he comes through the curtain? Would you like more or less characters at the start in the draft pool?

We could go extreme and limit it to a few fighters like Duberry and Abigail or maybe add some of the other 3-star guys in to make it a richer starting pool. Any feedback hugely welcome:)

14. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I think speed might be an issue -- particularly in pvp (with 3 on a team). I like that it's important to have one of these high speed 1/2* guys to help mitigate combos through disruption. But it ends up detracting from the experience because both I and he can just completely incapacitate a target character through repeated jump attacks and combos. In that same vein, one of the pvp stages has a cannon. I suggest severely cutting the damage it does, as its effect of creating an impervious missile right in front of the bulk of the action has created a blitz by any pvper just to get to it first and spend the entire match chaining them together. It's pretty uninteresting. Nothing that should take priority. But things to consider.

On the subject of long term plans, I'd love a display of potential drops in each stage so that I can competently farm.

And I'd just like to say that I don't think you need to be any more generous with your gems. They seem very easy to get through normal means. I have most 4*s. Duplicates of some. I have more 4*s than 1 and 2*s. And I unlocked an extra treadmill. Unless these guys' level cap is 100, I'm guessing I will eventually stop needing them. I was really excited to get my first 4*. That shine wore off when I had 3 within the first couple hours of playing.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why are there 2 star characters in the premium draw?

Wtf?

Gems are already so hard to come by.

Billy

16. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    It's 3-4 stars now, we need to upload a new build for the visual to change on the icon where it says 2-4.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ahhh. Thanks for clearing that up! I just got one of the undead characters. Pretty awesome!

Billy

18. Obiter

Obiter Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    medical research into the mind of today's gamer
    high above the din
    MFi controller support?

What's the ETA on MFi controller support? I tried this out with my Nimbus last night and it doesn't seem to be supported. Love the genre and the game looks awesome, but I just won't abide by touch controls for a fighting/brawler game.

19. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    This game is awesome though I'm getting crushed. That's more on me than you. I'll get better. I haven't got to play as much as I have wanted, and really enjoy reading the conversations here.

Thanks for being responsive to all the questions /issues.

Any chance of coin doubler Iap goinglike previous games?

And/or chance for other characters to be Iap?

Again, love the games, style, and characters. Keep doing what you are doing.

20. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #120 modus_ataraxia, Nov 8, 2015
    I don't think you should start the player out with a 3 star character. It might cheapen the experience of drawing your first one, since if it's given to you, you may come to expect it. A 2 star hero to start felt good. I got Jenifer, and I felt it worked well for me. I think Hangar and Pauline would make particularly great starters.