Universal Super Boys - The Big Fight (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 5, 2015.

1. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    NOEN, thanks for your thoughts and some of the first-user experiences - I think we know whats going on with the 'wind wall' and kwoks improving the joystick a lot, it's probably not that noticeable to some of us but perhaps we can improve it for more people.

it's super hard to balance these kind of games for the whole spectrum of players, I just saw a US 1 star review saying he got blocked on stage 8 by a paywall... that might be the case for him but it really shouldn't be, ah well im looking forward to improving things

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    You can't please em all.
    As for me, I'm completely happy with the end result so far.

3. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    #83 Unseen Studios, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Is it just me that is having the crazy joystick issue then? Everyone seems to be happy or playing it off as a minor thing. For a game about precision, pulling of combos and timing having the character move around because other characters are moving just completely kills it for me. Here is a video of what I am experiencing.

http://youtu.be/2qeDgmBSknA

Notice the joystick moving around whilst my finger is planting either to the left or right in one position.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^^ I've been having the same issues with the joystick... It has made enjoying the game very hard. =o/

5. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    I too am having the exact same issues. It was annoying me so much that I ended up deleting the game because for a game that requires a precise joystick, it makes it unplayable.

When it's fixed, I hope to reinstall but until then, I'm saving the space on my device!

6. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    joystick works like garbage on my 6S Plus... also, how are devs still releasing games that aren't optimized for the 6/6S Plus? DELETE.

7. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #87 modus_ataraxia, Nov 7, 2015
    This is an excellent, five star game, nearly rendered unplayable due to poor controls. My character often goes in the opposite direction that I'm pressing, my inputs are often not responsive, and I sometimes feel like the camera stops my character from moving in a certain direction.

I'm still playing anyway, which is a testament to how FUN the game is, despite this glaring issue. Fix the controls, and you have a game I would likely keep on my device permanently. :)

Also, could you possibly remove 2* character pulls from a premium draw? It feels like a kick in the teeth. 4* characters should feel special, of course (haven't drawn one yet), but when I pay 3000 coins and get something just as good (or better!) than the premium currency, I don't enjoy it at all. I should feel excited for the special draws, not hesitant.

Premium draw 1: Bvulcrux (2*) -__-
    Premium draw 2: Candyman (3*)
    Premium draw 3: Abigail (3*)
    Premium draw 4: Pauline (2*) -__-

Getting Candyman and Abigail was cool. I felt good. Getting Bvulcrux and Pauline just disappointed me.

8. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Fair point about the stars that should probably be 3-4 stars(gems) and 1-2(coins) on balance.

As for the controls, Kwok's working on it right now - its clear we need to grab someones plus phone for testing.

9. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I appreciate that. For example, I just did another premium draw, and got Daisy, another 2*. So now, I feel like hoarding my gems, because I'm burned out on premium draws for 2* characters.

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I got problem downloading The Game on iTunes. 404 error, can't find on server... Anyone else?

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #91 LordShad0wz, Nov 7, 2015
    Ok so I decided to give the game a good try. I'm liking it. I don't like that energy bar there and I really would like for the developers to put an iap to get unlimited energy.

But it is fun. My first character is Abigail. I just beat the first tier.

Has anyone purchased the stabby guy in the shop? Is it worth the buck?

Billy

Edit- I read every page and found my answers. I still want an iap for unlimited energy. Please put this in for people like myself Devs. Thanks. I'm going to buy the purple shirt guy right now :)

12. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game sync progress across devices?

13. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    My fault! It should be updated now.. My newly updated review should soon reflect my opinions as they are now. I think it's an AWSOME gave and apologize for hastily giving the review a bad score out of frustration. Literally just got so upset before that I wrote the review without even thinking. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and if I had some players quit or not touch the game because of me. It's really fun and I look forward to any improvements. Thanks for giving us an awesome game!

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    What happens if I eat a character?

I got Sashima when I defeated the first tier. She's a 1 star. I was messing around and was wondering what would happen to Abigail if he eats Sashima lol. Cracks me up.

Billy

15. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    I'd like to add that I suffer from the dreadful wind effect controls and I'm on a standard size iPhone 6 (not plus). I think this issue is more to do with what happens when your finger leaves the edge of the screen or the boundary of the joystick circle area.

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    If you eat a double of your same character (so a 2nd Abigail, for instance), you gain an extra 5 levels to your cap. So if your lvl cap was 30, it goes to 35. If you eat a random hero, it gives a small XP gain. That makes the random draw a little more fair, as pulling a same character is beneficial and not just a total waste.

17. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Feedback for the devs:
    1) "Who's next" is frickin impossible. I can't even muster 1 win without getting absolutely annihalated shortly into the match, no matter who I go up against. I'm usimg my most leveled character, Buffy, who is lvl 16 with 2 moves at lvl 5 and the others at lvl 4 and 3. I've got attack up to 4, Def 2, Spd 3, and that's apparently nowhere close to enough to clear even one measly match. Are we playing the dev team who most likely has maxed out players, beta testers (same scenario), or just highly leveled characters that are set up for this mode?

2) I cannot pass stage 1 of lvl 7! My highest tech character is Hangar, who I love, but I can only ever make it to the 2nd opponent because of Bishop and that damn decoy that explodes when killed. If I pass him, I have such little health left that I can't beat the 2nd enemy. I think this level needs to be adjusted down. If I had Crushinator, Calculator, Bishop or Eagle, yeah I could see having a shot. But I'm stuck with Hangar and Jennifer (who just sucks all around but is somehow hard to fight against....explain that Lol), and it doesn't help that it's on the stupid truck level (Romario's level), where I get cheap-shot'd off the edge every damn time. I just spent 30k gold trying to pull Bishop and got a bunch of other characters I could give 2 $#!+s about. I definitely hit a wall here, and not being able to grind anything out of the Who's Next mode has me cursing the game right now.

Besides this major setback, I'll level some other characters up and hopefully somehow gain some gems (but I don't think it's possible to get gems for beating a lvl I've already beaten) and hero stat points for Hangar, but it's a long grind ahead. So that's my feedback.

Still loving this game though, don't take the critique as a write-off of this game. To the contrary, I've been playing ALL afternoon :)

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I'd be glad to help. On 6+ (not 6S+)

19. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    1) Who's Next: The damage is out of whack but I dont know why yet, I'm getting mauled on my account as well it's supposed to be a lot more equal damage and HP wise like real PVP. I need Kwoks help for that one

2) That's a tough stage if you get unlucky with the techs (hangar's decent), BUT I don't want grindfest walls on the tower so we'll take a look at that stage and others that are found out to be a little too crazy.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    No sooner did I post this, I went and played the 1st 6 towers again and did get enough gems (2 from levels I'd beaten, so that answers that question), and the rest from leveling up, and who did I pull? Bishop! Lol
    So I'll go back thru again to rank him up if my now-better Hanger (got some more stats beefed up and his attacks as well playing thru) still can't cut it.
    Glad to know it's not just my hero level that was making Who's Next so tough. I figured there must be a ramp-up in difficulty instead of just getting pounded out the gate :)