Universal Super Boys - The Big Fight (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    The controls are really wonky, I am on iOS 9.1 too. So it's nothing to do with that. I can keep my finger in one place on floating joystick and the joysticks position moves around independent of my finger. Moving my finger to the far left until the character reaches the limits of the zoom then doing something like jumping the character moves right even though my finger is still holding the left control. I will try and get a video.

2. nevzat666

nevzat666 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Fun game, disadvantaged to use higher star characters which is not fun. Controls are abysmal and need work asap. Gems given are not generous enough also.

3. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #63 [email protected], Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    For the control, I'll do a better floating joystick ASAP.

@nevzat666 which high characters do you find are disadvantageous? generally its skewed so a 4 star characters beats 4 guys which are 1 star, also they have higher max lv. We constantly balance characters but its not perfect, off the top of my head we nerfed some that were OP such as Raven, Buffy, Abigail, Polarboy, Clementine, Morbok. While some were just too weak or unattractive to use and got tweaked, typically the toons and small sized characters, Benny, Ricky, Gillius, Alyssa, Romario. Basically if you find any 1 star guy feels better than a 2 star, or any 3 star guy thats better than a 4 star then its very suspect. Bare in mind the classes can have advantage/disadvantage against certain other classes, that can skew attack and defence by 30% so an undead will bully a warrior, and warriors bully beasts etc.

4. eric12961

eric12961 Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Control pad is terrible, thats all. That reaper boss is near impossible to kill

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    After playing several hours i have to say the controls are just not working. So weird and unresponsive.

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I thought this game was way too difficult at first, but then I started upgrading my fighters and my team and it's WAY better. You can go into My Team and click on any of your characters and there's an upgrade option that lets you upgrade both stats and skills. For upgrading stats you have to use the various types of tokens you earn from playing, and for upgrading skills you have to use each characters individual skills enough to level it up to 10, then you're given the option to upgrade it to the next tier where you'll start leveling it up all over again. All this stuff takes the coin currency to do.

Also if you click the Powers tab on the main screen you can upgrade your teams overall stats. This also takes coins, and there's a cap on it which I haven't quite figured out how it works yet. I believe the more your characters level goes up, the more you can upgrade these team stats.

Anyway this might be common knowledge but I didn't know about it for a while and it's not really explained very well anywhere. Once I toyed around with the upgrading stuff the game really opened up for me. Great, great game, and I'm looking forward to the more minor issues people are bringing up being ironed out.

EDIT TO DEVS: Also the Purple Shirted Eye Stabber is listed at $1.00 but he actually costs $1.99. I bought him and he is freaking awesome. Will there be more IAP characters like that?

7. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Purple shirted eye stabber is a character from cyanide and happiness. DOWNLOADED!

8. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #68 chief78, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Congrats on game of the week! I don't think many have mentioned how cool this game is besides the controls. I think it's awesome that tformer type characters, and all the other characters and spoofs are here. Blackmoore was one of my favorite games and this is an awesome follow-up and mash-up on all the properties you guys have put out. Good job guys!

P.S. If you guys added a O.P. Tformers character (not mentioning the actual name for obvious reasons), I'd be in heaven. Anyway, congrats!

EDIT: Purple Shirted Eyestabber is fan-frickin-tastic by the way :)

9. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Controls need some work and I'd love to see controller support but this game is hilariously good fun.

With the right tweaks and updates this would be a riot as a 4 player game on the new Apple TV.

10. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #70 TimTim92, Nov 7, 2015
    Edit: fixed it.

11. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Blows 10 gems on a "premium draw"

Gets a 2* drunken hairy bum

-__-

12. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the game of the week! TouchArcade has been very gracious to us over the years and it really encourages us to improve as game developers enhancing the good and trimming the crap.

Kwok's on the case already on controls and I'm scooping up info from as many people as possible on what works and doesn't.

We're very quiet on tutorials within the game (good/bad?), it's a theme we've kept up with but admittedly this is a game with more buttons than our previous ones

There were some IAP display issues showing wrong numbers and the only one left that needs a new version is the Purple Shirted Eye Stabber display price, it's supposed to be 1.99 but the number got rounded DOWN to 1.00 :\

There's room for more characters in the game - ideally for legit crossovers like C&H if I can find anyone who wants to join in the big fight

I'd actually love to play this on TV locally with friends after I saw the apple TV comment..

13. nevzat666

nevzat666 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    #73 nevzat666, Nov 7, 2015
    I don't mean much disrespect(well some) but to the people saying a tutorial is needed I wonder what type of gamer you are. For someone who has never played an iOS game before then perhaps ones needed but to anyone with a brain cell the game is clearly self explanatory. To the person who said they have no idea what's going on do you mind letting us all know what rocket science you are struggling with? Tutorials are annoying so I rated this highly because it just lets you get on with the game and everything is decent bar the dodgy controls . In terms of star ratings there are
    Clear discrepancies I.e the ai for the ranger sucks and clementine smashes the three star out the waTer . Overall though very impressed so good job. Great fun. Unfortunately due to the controls the ai is better than I am so I have to play as the weak champ and root them on!

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    "This game was made for people like me. It has so much heart put into it, and it really has the potential to be the "Smash Bros. of iOS" with just a few tweaks and fixes." -
    Jared Nelson
    WOW
    #######

15. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    It desperately needs a fix to the "wind" effect. And it seems to crash a bunch on live. But I have no qualms about giving it 4*. I'll change to 5* if the late game proves as fun as the rest.

16. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Oh! If we get "ben drowned" on here, this will definitely be smash bros for iOS!!

17. Ostermi

Ostermi Member

Apr 1, 2010
    After settings the sensitivity at max, the controls are little better.
    Now i'm at floor 12 !
    But i when i try to go to who's next it doesn't work

18. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #78 S-Mario, Nov 7, 2015
    That's funny timing I was just going to ask about Who's Next, I only tried it today since the launch - if you click the button nothing happens but it will crash the game the next time you try to do tower or live PVP... so that's not good. Did it ever work for you or is that the first time?

btw, what's your team?

Update: Seems like a server issue, going to look into it
    Update 2: Our colleague Jonathan helped fix the server, should be working now... bit guilty I interrupted jonathans settlers of catan boardgame :D

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Same thing here. At first, I was getting my a$$ kicked and I was only on the second tier. I though, "Man! I really suck at this game!", then I went back and grinded a couple easier fights and toyed with the upgrades a little, plus got a couple other characters to mess around with and the game really opened up for me. Don't get me wrong, the game is still tough as hell, but in a good way. There's just so much depth to it. I knew with it being a Moof game, that it was going to be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good. Every time I play, I learn something new or something else opens up.

As far as controls go, I haven't had any issues yet. I've been playing on an iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. To me, they just seem like the normal "Moof controls". They've always had the same kind of feel in all their games. They aren't perfect, but nothing game breaking or anything.

Between this game and Devil Eater, I have barely touched any of the other releases this week. Great job guys. My hats off to you.

20. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Floating joystick and this game is beyond awesome. Get it done! Woo - ah! PURPLE SHIRT!