Universal Summoner Wars (Plaid Hat Games + Playdek)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jul 4, 2012.

1. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
  2. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I've been running the ios beta for some time now and have been sending Playdek email with each new version indicating that this is still a problem. Shame it's *still* not fixed by them. They were trying to tell me I must have bought the factions under a different account name. Maybe now they'll actually fix it.

3. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Email [email protected].

Excellent support.

4. Jools75

Jools75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Secret Agent :-)
    Italy
    Any news?

Hi, just asking if somebody got any news and if the game received any fix about that "restore purchases - NOT!" problem? :)

5. Jools75

Jools75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Secret Agent :-)
    Italy
    Email sent...

Today I've sent email to the Game Support, hopefully to see this trouble fixed once and for all as soon as possible. :mad:

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I am disliking how slow the update is happening. But seeing that it's Playdek, I'm just thinking that the problem is bigger than they initially thought and they're working on it.

I mean, it's most likely costing them sales, so I don't see why they wouldn't be working on it.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Even after updating this afternoon I still can't restore my purchase :(

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Playdek have been working to fix this problem for a while now. On their Facebook page, they state that resolving the issue isn't as simple as it seems because it doesn't affect every device and doesn't seem to have a common cause, and also appears to be affecting other non-Playdek apps.

It doesn't help that they've also got to commit resources to other obligations at the same time, such as the soon-to-be-released Tanto Cuore.

9. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    You're still playing this? I thought you had stopped! :eek:

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If you just read the latest update description, they say the update is basically to help them progress towards a fix. It is not the fix itself. Either way, they are clearly working on it.

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    After the Pocket Tactics tourney ended, I started 2-3 games just to see if the dice hated me as much as did in the tourney. I've kept a game or two open since then. Yes, the dice still hate me.

12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes, bring on Tanto Cuore!

13. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Is this fixed yet?

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yay! They finally fixed the IAP restore bug!

15. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

The fix didn't work for me. I still can't restore IAP. And, every time I close my iPad and then unlock it again, I'm prompted for my iTunes password, so the game is still constantly trying to connect to the App Store. The only way to get it to stop is delete the app...which I have now done...again. :mad:

16. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Mine is still not restoring anything except for the Phoenix elves, although I had purchased the original complete pack plus a couple of extras.

They also don't state that it's fixed in the update, just that they added some debugging to help resolve the issues.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Much like above posters, the update has done nothing for my restore issue. I Think the update was probably meant just to serve the purpose implied in the patch notes: provide debug info for the developers, so that they might pin down the issue.

18. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Such a pain not beeing able to restore purchase.
    Wanted to play tonight, but, oh, well :/

19. SharpCarlos

SharpCarlos Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    The restore purchases bug is still out there, BUT didn't the last patch give everybody temporary access to all the races? So, you can't technically restore purchases but you can play with any side you want as if you had. That's been my experience, anyway.

Having said that, the constant prompts to log into iTunes are extremely annoying.

20. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Only online.
    I wanted to play offline.