Universal SumiKen (By Sia Ding Shen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 11, 2017.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Did you lower the speed? I was stuck on that one forever and then finally figured out how to slow him down. Once I did that got it on like the 2nd try.

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #42 ramzarules, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    i have no idea how to raise-lower the speed actually haha. i just buy the speed upgrades when the mission sais to (now i am at speed 2)

EDIT: oh, his inkmode turns critical to perfect? i had no idea about that either. It just sais it's easier to perfect slash when you unlock him. i tend to use inkmode at last life, at fog etc when i might need to hold a bit longer for sure.

Will try again with inkmode, but from this i think the game needs some more - or better- explanations.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Go into the "dojo" and just tap on the first circle. That will bring you back to speed level 1. I just kept buying the speed upgrade and was on level 5. Finally figured out how to slow things down and made it much less frustrating.

Agree that explanations could be better.

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks for that jp!

5. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Hello ramza, if still you have hard time with the mission try upgrade inkmode so you have more chance to do critical hit with Kuro. Another tip if there is two ninja swipe up to critical hit first ninja and then swipe right while you are in air to critical hit next ninja.

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks, i passed it when i lowered the speed like jp said :)

7. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    Hey guys, sorry I wasn't able to reply all your posts. Was very busy updating SumiKen : Ink Blade Samurai, the next update won't include tap control yet, as I'm still refining it. I had to roll out this update quick to fix the Game center achievement pop up at the start. Also, you can now activate ink mode by tapping anywhere in the next update! It's a lot easier that way. Will let you guys know in detail once the update is up, maybe in a week.

Thanks for the support :)

8. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    cool! btw if one of the last two locked characters is someone like Guts from Berserk it will be so awesome - or maybe if you plan to add enemies, characters and environments it could be an idea?

Oh! IDEA! what if you add environments with upper- lower grounds? our characters can climb gradually by jumping, like stairs to top a tower and fall taking no damage etc

But i realise you need funds to add anything, and it's really surprising how people just let good games imo slip by. Sumiken, GunsofMercy and Soul Knight are imo the 3 best indies of this year, and you don't see people talking about them except me and a handful TArcaders.

9. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks for the idea! You made my day, I'm really happy that you like SumiKen that much :D
    But there's so many indie games that's far far better than mine. They are all very inspiring for me, and I'm really jealous of their work most of the time!

10. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i do! when i unlocked the second characte, it was another slightly different samurai, so i was thinking they are all going to be samurai with some different ability. when i unlocked Kuro i truly saw the work you put in there, totally diferrent character look and moves.

11. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    Haha thanks! I put a lot of effort on Kuro's animation, he's my favorite character, and ninja is cool, always :)

Also updated the app icon, previous one just doesn't read well enough for me. Hope you guys don't be mad at me changing the app icon all the time, this little dev here just love to experiment :p

[​IMG]

12. WildHunt

WildHunt Member

Feb 16, 2017
    best indies, really? i am still waiting for the android release..hope it's good

13. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Those three are the best, in my opinion yes. So fun, and so fast to play from 1 quick round to an hour if you want to. Upgrades, unlockables, etc- i am a sucker for that kind of stuff.

14. WildHunt

WildHunt Member

Feb 16, 2017
    interesting, thanks ramzarules

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Been incredibly addicted to this game. Agree that it's great for both short and long sessions and has that "one more try" aspect.

Also agree with what others have said in terms of updates.

Would love:
    - red ink effect when slashing
    - more upgrades....Maybe different skills/types of slashes
    - different paths to take
    - more characters (I've unlocked 4 so far)

Either way....Loving and spending a lot of time with this.

16. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    Android version will be released soon, been working on it :)

17. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion, need more time for all those update. So many things I could add :p

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Quick question about Yasuo.

What exactly is his special ability? Don't see what he does different than the starting guy.

19. opneon

opneon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 31, 2017
    #59 opneon, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    His ability is to counter attack during ink mode. Which means he'll critical slashes the enemies automatically whenever he passes by them. What I like to do is to put speed to max and make a run with him. Racks up lots of kills with him really easily. Hope it helps :)

EDIT : It will be even easier if you upgrade the ink duration at dojo

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Ah ok...good tip as I have to kill 100 on level 4 speed now.

And yes agree....the first upgrades I spend my coins on were ink duration and the extra lives.