Universal Suicide Squad: Special Ops (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 15, 2016.

1. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    To the Dev...
    How dare you!!! God dammit! How dare you make a FTP with no IAP. How dare you raise the bar!!! Just...go...f... You rock thanks love it cheers!!!!

2. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Can't download this until later, just wondering if it has progress which syncs across to other devices using cloud save? or is it literally just complete as many waves as you can and your stats are uploaded to leaderboards without any unlocks etc

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't believe you made this game in its current state in only 3.5 months! That's pretty incredible to be honest and your previous experience shows.

Like I said if you released this game as it is now I honestly would be willing to spend money on it. To be honest I kinda feel bad I am not allowed to give back financially. It's good work and I like to pay for my entertainment.

That sounds awesome that the studio asked you guys about doing an even more fleshed out game. I just hope you leave this portion of the game in as a homage because I can play this all day! The character with the wrist guns speaks to me! Hehe

Thank you for such a fun game and thank you for taking time out of your schedule to come here and talk to is. We really appreciate when a developer comes and interacts with us.

Billy

4. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    Yo! This game IS great. No IAP or ads to start. Completely free. Looks and sounds great. Handles very well, very smooth controls. And it keeps it just fresh enough for long plays and strategy. And it was only made in 3.5 months?!

It's really great, good job Devs!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really impressed with this one. This is definitely how a movie tie-in promo was done before mobile gaming changed it to its current state.

I wouldnt be hesitating to buy IAPs if it means unlocking more of the characters from the movie.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I survived til wave16, and killed 420 enemies. This game is dope. :D

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh man-----you got THAT right!! She def does it for me! In that Wolves of Wall Street flick I was watching her with my mouth wide open! Think I was drooling! #

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hmmm. Seems by the looks of this I've played it a thousand times already just with different characters and different titles, but I'll give this a shot to support and from what's being said of it. Doesn't look like it brings anything special new to the table, but if it's fun, hey I'm in!

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I see what you did there... ;)

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is great. The developer on this major game active. Nice

11. IAP-king

IAP-king Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Solid game right here, takes me back when I used to play movie tie-in mobile games (except this ones actually good and got me hyped for the movie)

12. dacloo

dacloo Active Member

#32 dacloo, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Thanks for the compliments all! I've taken notes of feature requests / enhancements for consideration.

The difficulty ramping is something we've been talking about. On the one hand you want to make the game just as difficult for first time users compared to returning, so that the leaderboard is purely skill based.
    All character upgrades are upgrades within the player session and are lost as soon as you die. Within the context and goals of this game this is a deliberate choice.
    So, when you start adjusting difficulty levels based on your previous session results you lose that; returning users get penaltized with more challenging enemies from the get go which means lower scores (more chance to die early on).
    On the other hand you want returning users with more skill to be challenged earlier so it isn't perceived as too easy.
    There's an interesting dynamic there and we will definitely weight or options for future versions.

As for the short development timeline: it's only possible because of fantastic support by all the stakeholders. It has been a blast working with everyone involved. What we aim for is to deliver a premium, triple-A experience and utilize the content we have as effective as possible.

Lastly, I can't tell anything about possible future content updates myself, but will keep you posted with anything I can share.

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #33 LordShad0wz, Jul 16, 2016
    Well I would definitely pass up the chain you have people like me willing to pay money for additional content. I haven't stopped playing. I actually love how the game is set up. I don't mind at all how each new game starts. I actually like exactly how you guys have this game set up. I love that it's infinite.

I think truthfully if there were one complaint I could find and I'm stretching is the ammo. Especially later on. It goes way too fast and with the character with the wrist guns they are too weak. Maybe you could increase the base damage of the wrist guns slightly. That might help. What do you think?

But I'd absolutely be willing to pay for more content. Whether it be new characters or even perhaps new game modes or new area chunks. I'm willing to give back financially. I literally played for 2 hours today while at the hospital. Straight. It kept my mind going do off the pain. It's so much fun. To me that type of enjoyment deserves to be paid for.

I really really hope you get to do more with this game. I know you'll monetize it fairly. I'll pay.

You made a fan out of me. Is your studio working on any other gaming projects because I'm sure as hell am interested.

I left a very detailed 5 star review on the AppStore just now. It should show up by tomorrow morning. You'll know it's me I always write pages hehe

Billy

14. dacloo

dacloo Active Member

You definitely are better than me! I reached wave 14.

15. dacloo

dacloo Active Member

Thanks! That's good feedback on ammo - I'll find out what the game designers have to say and how we can optimize this.

Monetization is something we'll have to discuss with WB; things like characters, weapons and environments seem like a logical fit.

Playing for two hours straight is a huge compliment! Great you're enjoying it.

16. naeemthm

naeemthm New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    #36 naeemthm, Jul 16, 2016
    I have nothing to add to the discussion, just wanted to say fantastic job dacloo!! You guys are setting a super high bar for promotional movie games. Like others have said, I would gladly pay for additional characters. And I think we ALL know who we want...Slipknot!!

....but seriously Joker please.

Also, nice to see a developer actually deliver something other than a reskinned Temple Run.

17. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    So as your upgrades reset when you die and this is just based on waves I suppose my comment about having cloud sync is not required as you start again each game.

18. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Nice game! Just do more optimization, I'm using a 5s, it kind a stutter a bit. Will leave a review on the Appstore for you guy.

19. wizardhowl

wizardhowl Active Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Just to further echo what has already been said - this is awesome!

I would like to +1 MFi support. The controls are fine, but I would love to kick back on my couch and play this with a controller if I could! Are there any plans to add this as an option?

I would also, as others have said, happily pay for extra characters/maps and modes.

Great job, developers! I couldn't get into Pokemon Go at all, but this has totally hijacked my weekend!

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    If Warner bros is smart they will allow these devs to update this game and fairly monetize it. They will print money with this game.

Billy