Suggestions for auto-runner for mobile with levels/worlds?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ackmondual, Jan 8, 2021.

1. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I tried out Rayman Jungle Escape on a demo iPhone back around Aug. It was awesome! [​IMG] When I went to buy it, I can't even open the damn thing [​IMG] Turns out, there's some technical screw up on Ubisoft's part since their servers aren't properly validating the app or something. Rayman Fiesta Run is also dealing with the same woes. Kinda frustrating when you're psyched for a game, happy to fork over a modest amount of money, only to find out they're not willing to meet you halfway on this. Oh well.

Seeking games like this. Some parameters and definitions..

"Auto-runner" means your character or whatever you control runs forward automatically. Some variations in this may be fine.

"With levels/worlds" means you progress from one stage/course/level to the next one. There can even be themed worlds. Super Mario Run is a prime example of this. As opposed to Endless runners like Temple Run or Mole Escape where the game just keeps on going until you die

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If you search for Rayman theres a new one from a while back called Rayman Adventures which you'll like

ackmondual likes this.
  3. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I'll say Thumper and Fotonica, if they count at all.

4. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Oh, I thought this was a traditional Rayman game where you fully control the character. It turns out it is an auto-runner (with a nice twist that you can swipe the other way to run in the other direction, on your own!). Good news is I can actually run the game, so thanks for the suggestion!

Oddly enough, still the same "connection issue" present here (even though here, it's not preventing me from playing the game).... I try to access the "Rayman Channel", but it's saying connection to the server failed. I guess it's still something on their end (for the other 2 Rayman games, it made no sense to tell you you have no internet access when you just used internet to download and install the game!)

Looks like they only have an endless mode? If so, that makes it less interesting to me. That said, I did put them both on the wish list. I'm going to have my hands full with Rayman Adventures and a couple other games I'm currently on right now, so will have to come back to these later.